DMN JJT Blog: Let's Talk T.O.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
11:53 AM Mon, Nov 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Jean-Jacques Taylor http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

I wrote a column the other day that said I didn't think T.O. was this team's best receiver after catching 40 passes for 505 yards and six touchdowns in the first 10 games.

I said Jason Garrett should make Roy Williams the focal point of the passing game. Of course, T.O. delivered a performance for the ages Sunday against San Francisco with seven catches for 213 yards and a touchdown.

He caught passes of 75, 52 and 45 yards. It was a magnificent performance, but it doesn't erase his performance from the first 10 weeks.

I enjoy thoughtful debate with most of you. Whether you agree or disagree doesn't matter to me because we all have opinions.

Besides, i can't earn a living be critical of others and then get all sensitive when I get criticized. Criticism from readers doesn't bother me any more than my criticism should bother a professional athlete.

That said, I have no use for those of you rip me after the fact. That's easy. That takes no courage.

Bobby Perez I'm talking about you. Craig Demoranville I'm talking about you. Linda Reel, Deira Lacy and Jonathan Myes I'm talking to all of y'all too - not that you guys were alone.

You want to impress me, criticize my opinion before an event takes place. I respect that. That takes courage. D.S. McKenzie did that. Anything else, I consider a joke.

I will, at least, give you guys credit for attaching your names to your e-mails. You'd be surprised, maybe you wouldn't, how many people lack the courage to do that.

What seperates me from most of you is that when I write something critical of T.O. or Wade Phillips or any other athlete or coach, I go to their place of employment the next day and give them an opportunity to say face-to-face, man-to-man whatever they want.

Sometimes, we have verbal confrontations. Other times, we agree to disagree. I earn their respect - even if they don't like what I say - by giving them them opportunity to speak their mind.

As for T.O., one game doesn't mean he's out of his season-long slump. Or that he's the best receiver on the roster. Impress me, put up huge numbers in December against Pittsburgh, the Giants and Baltimore - three of the NFL's best defenses - and lead the Cowboys to at least three wins and a spot in the playoffs.

Along the way, stop whining about the system and the offensive coordinator as though you have nothing whatsoever to do with the bad performances.

Then, I might change my opinion.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Wait, did he criticize TO before the season, saying he was no longer the #1 receiver? Or did he wait til "after the fact?"

Spin, spin, spin. JJT, you're a doofus, take it like a man.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow!

Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry2:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
for someone who doesn't mind being criticized, he sure went out of his way to name those who did, totally uncool of him.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
WoooWee....

JJT is a MAN...and he's over 40

thumb_1190518590215_0p9577015066677685.jpg

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theogt;2440487 said:
Wait, did he criticize TO before the season, saying he was no longer the #1 receiver? Or did he wait til "after the fact?"

Spin, spin, spin. JJT, you're a doofus, take it like a man.

:bow:

Seriously. You should e-mail him this question. I'd love to see his response.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
JJT said:
You must not know much about the newspaper business. Columnists are
supposed to have opinions. I'm not supposed to be objective genius.

When are posters going to learn this? :(

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2440502 said:
Good blog, JJT. :)
I agree. Ya'll can dislike him all you want. I respect anyone who acts like a man. He cowboyed up.

zekecee

When Posting...Please Use Caution
Reaction score
1. Who are those people he mentioned in the article, are they local sports beat writers?
2. Did T.O. get the chance to meet with JJT face to face yet? Or will this be another "Ed Werder" situation?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2440506 said:
I have a personal response for you on my blog

Jean-Jacques Taylor
Sports Columnist
The Dallas Morning News
"Be Blessed"

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 6:03 AM
To: Taylor, Jean-Jacques
Subject: RE: Don't be a ****** Bag

Your objectivity just got you blasted by T.O....
Looks like you lost some more credibility.
Here is some advice from a 'Non-Newspaper Business' guy...
Think before you write ;)

DFAS - Indianapolis COL, 203A
DSN 699-8789
FAX 317-510-5430

From: Taylor, Jean-Jacques [mailto:JJTaylor@***BANNED-URL***]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:31 PM
To: DFAS
Subject: RE: Don't be a ****** Bag

You must not know much about the newspaper business. Columnists are
supposed to have opinions. I'm not supposed to be objective genius
JT

Jean-Jacques Taylor
Sports Columnist
The Dallas Morning News
"Be Blessed"

Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:43 AM
To: Taylor, Jean-Jacques
Subject: Don't be a ****** Bag

Your such a clown....
Your write garbage like this and it sickens me. You are about as
objective as a fly in cow dung.

Seriously, quit being an idiot about Pacman.

DFAS - Indianapolis COL, 203A
DSN 699-8789
FAX 317-510-5430

You're proud of this exchange?

superpunk

Reaction score
What seperates me from most of you is that when I write something critical of T.O. or Wade Phillips or any other athlete or coach, I go to their place of employment the next day and give them an opportunity to say face-to-face, man-to-man whatever they want.
"Oooooh, what a big man you are! Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum, I'll show you how to chew it."

Another thing that separates him from most of us is his spelling deficiencies.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
tomson75;2440509 said:
:bow:

Seriously. You should e-mail him this question. I'd love to see his response.

I'll tell you what he's going to say, as if it's hard to do.

I made an evaluation of T.O.'s performance based on the evidence of 10 games. That's what I'm suppose to do, critically assess the Cowboys' performance and give an opinion.

The difference between that and fans criticizing me after the fact is that they didn't weigh in until AFTER T.O. had a big game.

And, no, I'm not JJT.

But I have stayed at a Holiday Day Inn Express.

<cue music>

:)

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hostile;2440515 said:
I agree. Ya'll can dislike him all you want. I respect anyone who acts like a man. He cowboyed up.

Cowboyed up? How is that Cowboy? He is crying over the readers drilling his articles.

Why on EARTH would the guy care? If he is so Cowboy - why RESPOND? :rolleyes:

A Cowboy goes about his business. A Cowboy doesn't make a mountain (which is what he's doing) out of a mole hill.

superpunk

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2440525 said:

I made an evaluation of T.O.'s performance based on the evidence of 10 games. That's what I'm suppose to do, critically assess the Cowboys' performance and give an opinion.

The difference between that and fans criticizing me after the fact is that they didn't weigh in until AFTER T.O. had a big game.

And, no, I'm not JJT.

<cue music>

And JJT didn't weigh in until AFTER T.O. struggled for a while.

Get it yet, or do you need to sniff his *** some more?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2440525 said:

And, no, I'm not JJT.

<cue music>

If you all dont know, Tyke here is a writer, so he is going to give you his writer spin. ;)

Just keep that in mind w/ regard to his replies.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2440515 said:

Cowboyed up? He's spent the last two day stroking his own ego about how important his writing is and now he's calling out T.O. like he means anything to football and STILL hasn't said, "I got it wrong".

How in the hell is it stepping up to selectively abuse readers who called you a maroon for writing a dumb article in the first place? And there were plenty of people who said he was a stooge when he wrote the first article, T.O. puts up 200+ yards and he says, "impress me"?

Who the hell is this guy that a hall of fame potential player would have to impress him?