DMN JJT Blog: Let's Talk T.O.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did JJT just get his feelings hurt?

:laugh2:

Is it professional to call out your readers? If it's to hot in the kitchen...JJT, you know what to do, right?

:lmao2:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Dallas;2440532 said:
If you all dont know, Tyke here is a writer, so he is going to give you his writer spin. ;)

Or intelligent, informed opinion.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
For the record, JJT is not online, so anyone responding is not going to be JJT.

:laugh2:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
superpunk;2440523 said:
"Oooooh, what a big man you are! Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum, I'll show you how to chew it."

Another thing that separates him from most of us is his spelling deficiencies.

Journalists are terrible spellers. Didn't you see the first "Superman" movie with Margo Kidder? ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dallas;2440527 said:
Cowboyed up? How is that Cowboy? He is crying over the readers drilling his articles.

Why on EARTH would the guy care? If he is so Cowboy - why RESPOND? :rolleyes:

A Cowboy goes about his business. A Cowboy doesn't make a mountain (which is what he's doing) out of a mole hill.

TheCount;2440538 said:
Cowboyed up? He's spent the last two day stroking his own ego about how important his writing is and now he's calling out T.O. like he means anything to football and STILL hasn't said, "I got it wrong".

How in the hell is it stepping up to selectively abuse readers who called you a maroon for writing a dumb article in the first place? And there were plenty of people who said he was a stooge when he wrote the first article, T.O. puts up 200+ yards and he says, "impress me"?

Who the hell is this guy that a hall of fame potential player would have to impress him?
IMO, yes. He said he couldn't be critical and not expect it back when it backfires.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
superpunk;2440531 said:
And JJT didn't weigh in until AFTER T.O. struggled for a while.

Get it yet, or do you need to sniff his *** some more?

Well, why would he be hasty in his judgment like Cowboys fans who go to pieces when Dallas falls behind in games?

Or have you not been on the game threads? ;)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2440481 said:
11:53 AM Mon, Nov 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Jean-Jacques Taylor http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

I wrote a column the other day that said I didn't think T.O. was this team's best receiver after catching 40 passes for 505 yards and six touchdowns in the first 10 games.

I said Jason Garrett should make Roy Williams the focal point of the passing game. Of course, T.O. delivered a performance for the ages Sunday against San Francisco with seven catches for 213 yards and a touchdown.

He caught passes of 75, 52 and 45 yards. It was a magnificent performance, but it doesn't erase his performance from the first 10 weeks.

I enjoy thoughtful debate with most of you. Whether you agree or disagree doesn't matter to me because we all have opinions.

Besides, i can't earn a living be critical of others and then get all sensitive when I get criticized. Criticism from readers doesn't bother me any more than my criticism should bother a professional athlete.

That said, I have no use for those of you rip me after the fact. That's easy. That takes no courage.

Bobby Perez I'm talking about you. Craig Demoranville I'm talking about you. Linda Reel, Deira Lacy and Jonathan Myes I'm talking to all of y'all too - not that you guys were alone.

You want to impress me, criticize my opinion before an event takes place. I respect that. That takes courage. D.S. McKenzie did that. Anything else, I consider a joke.

I will, at least, give you guys credit for attaching your names to your e-mails. You'd be surprised, maybe you wouldn't, how many people lack the courage to do that.

What seperates me from most of you is that when I write something critical of T.O. or Wade Phillips or any other athlete or coach, I go to their place of employment the next day and give them an opportunity to say face-to-face, man-to-man whatever they want.

Sometimes, we have verbal confrontations. Other times, we agree to disagree. I earn their respect - even if they don't like what I say - by giving them them opportunity to speak their mind.

As for T.O., one game doesn't mean he's out of his season-long slump. Or that he's the best receiver on the roster. Impress me, put up huge numbers in December against Pittsburgh, the Giants and Baltimore - three of the NFL's best defenses - and lead the Cowboys to at least three wins and a spot in the playoffs.

Along the way, stop whining about the system and the offensive coordinator as though you have nothing whatsoever to do with the bad performances.

Then, I might change my opinion.

wow JJT should be fired.....stay classy man......

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Chief;2440541 said:
Or intelligent, informed opinion.

Yeah that as well. I forgot that part Chief. ;)

No offense to tyke but he does kinda go "Papa bear" when fans have issues w/ writers. That was all I was trying to point out.

superpunk

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2440555 said:
Well, why would he be hasty in his judgment like Cowboys fans who go to pieces when Dallas falls behind in games?

Or have you not been on the game threads? ;)
I'm sure that as a journalist you realize that the response you just attempted was moronic and diversionary.

Try again.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2440552 said:
IMO, yes. He said he couldn't be critical and not expect it back when it backfires.

That's not exactly the same as stepping up and saying I was wrong is it?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Hostile;2440515 said:
I agree. Ya'll can dislike him all you want. I respect anyone who acts like a man. He cowboyed up.

He's also lurking around, I suspect. ;)

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Dallas;2440557 said:
Yeah that as well. I forgot that part Chief. ;)

No offense to tyke but he does kinda go "Papa bear" when fans have issues w/ writers. That was all I was trying to point out.

I know. I do, too. :)

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2440525 said:
I'll tell you what he's going to say, as if it's hard to do.

I made an evaluation of T.O.'s performance based on the evidence of 10 games. That's what I'm suppose to do, critically assess the Cowboys' performance and give an opinion.

The difference between that and fans criticizing me after the fact is that they didn't weigh in until AFTER T.O. had a big game.

And, no, I'm not JJT.

But I have stayed at a Holiday Day Inn Express.

<cue music>

:)

There were plenty of people criticizing him before hand...that's what I'm referring to...I don't really have a dog in this fight, as I don't really care for JJT in one way or the other, but that doesn't mean I can't see how incredibly lame this particular blog piece is. He sounds like an overly sensitive little girl.

What he's doing here is no better than what the fans he's directing the piece at did (albeit he probably did it with a little more class)...the irony isn't that hard to spot.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2440525 said:
I'll tell you what he's going to say, as if it's hard to do.

I made an evaluation of T.O.'s performance based on the evidence of 10 games. That's what I'm suppose to do, critically assess the Cowboys' performance and give an opinion.

The difference between that and fans criticizing me after the fact is that they didn't weigh in until AFTER T.O. had a big game.

And, no, I'm not JJT.

But I have stayed at a Holiday Day Inn Express.

<cue music>

:)

That's just circular and weak logic.

He waited until T.O. had lost his starting QB and put up bad stats for a few games than criticized him but with Romo back and getting healthy he has a monster game and JJT whines because others return the favor??

The guy is a as sensitive as T.O.

I would have no issue btw telling him that to his face.

Unlike pro athletes he isn't made available to the public for question and answer sessions.

This is the same guy that took personal info gleaned from Cowboys such as Roy Hammer Williams and Tank Johnson then used it in columns. He is a douchebag galore. Again something I'd gladly say to his face.

Since he reads the board he can im me and ask for my address.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2440515 said:
I agree. Ya'll can dislike him all you want. I respect anyone who acts like a man. He cowboyed up.

I think it would have been cowboyed up if he would have said I was wrong. However he doesn't and decides to go after people that criticize him......:rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;2440564 said:
That's not exactly the same as stepping up and saying I was wrong is it?
It doesn't bother me the way it does some people I guess. I didn't have any problem with his original opinion. TO needs to do that when teams are jamming him before JJT was wrong.