DMN: JJT: Carter throwing away a career

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Sarge;1503730 said:
Anyone who gets as far as QC did, has 'some' talent - spare me the obvious.

Perhaps you need to stop taking things so literally.....justa suggestion.

Seems everyone else understood my point. :rolleyes:

i for one took it the way he did...

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Sarge;1503813 said:
Woop-de-doo for you.

:lmao:

now.......for the last time:

who the hell is quinthy carter?:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

GlitzCowboy

Reaction score
Ya wonder if Parcells might have litterally cracked him with his hardnosed style of coaching. He showed flashes, you heard all the stories about his great work effort.. but right after his most pressing offseason (following up on the playoff appearance and Parcells 1st year), he seems to melt down and then is so suddenly cut. Me starting to think the demands of that follow-up season where too much. You hear Bledsoe and Simms talk constantly about dealing with Parcells, particularly the QB position and the insanity that job almost contains. I mean we all knew he was fragile, but it's been nothing but downhill since then.

A pivotal point that can't be taken back now, but one could wonder how he might have performed under a laid-back coach like Wade or even perhaps a motivational coach like Jimmy. If anyone, I think Jimmy could have given this kid what he needed, coach-wise. He just seems like someone that could have flurished under that kind of constant coddling and motivation, something Parcells just never had the patience for to begin with. And then look what happen with Henson under Parcells, also cracked down and broken infront of the whole world to see. I swear that kid looked like he was going to cry half the time, and that wasn't something he showed in the beginning but more towards the end.

It's all kinda funny when you think about it. Especially with the high hopes so many had for both of those guys, Henson and Carter. Parcells is just one real badass. I mean that must be the only explanation or alot of people are stupid around here. And really if you say you aren't one of the stupid ones, then where did you fall? Hutch? Vinny? Hey, we all made what we could with what the Cowboys had, I guess. The irony... Underneath it all was Romo being groomed and none of us were the wiser. I tell ya, Parcells really pulled one over all our heads with that one- it's actually the funniest thing in the world when you think about it. If Romo actually is the ONE, it's like for 3 years there we had Clark Kent literally living in our midst with no idea he was Superman. Just a bunch of imposters litering the streets before him. But Bill might have known.. or atleast must have suspected........

mmohican29

Reaction score
Like it or not, Quincy had better numbers and showed more upside than Drew Brees did at the same exact point in their careers... by far.

That said- Q is done. I'm not sure what goes on in Quincy Carter's mind, but he's clearly not dealing with his strife like a winner would- regardless of his talent... real or imagined.