WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
13473312_1055292684559671_1192679502_n.jpg

Knotamus

Reaction score
I don't want this to be taking the wrong way because I enjoy watching Collins blow up those guys as much as the next guy, but I can't help looking at that play in a different light. I feel like this play was a great example of being undisciplined as a rookie guard. Collins obviously took care of his first block with ease.. But instead of running up field without the RB, maybe he could have blocked the guy that Fredrick whiffed on, or help lil Beasley block his guy, this might have allowed McFadden to find room to get up field more and possibly juke the 2nd guy Collins flattened. Instead, McFadden was tackled for minimal gain. Would have been even more spectacular had McFadden been right behind Collins as he was bulldozing folks. Coulda, woulda, shoulda..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Love the player, hat the ugly shoes. I don't want to see him get fined for wearing them.

Section446

Reaction score
I just hope that we can afford to keep all these guys together.

RW31

Reaction score
Collins should put a revolving door on his cleats, that'd be more fitting. You'd think that after his embarrassing comments last offseason he'd learn a thing and shut his mouth for once yet here he goes again. You got studs like Tyron, Travis, Zack, neither is looking for any attention despite being elite. Yet here comes this doofus again who was getting schooled by nobodies last year trying to be the center of attention. If I'm Tyron I'd slap him across the neck and set him straight. Put your head down, shut your mouth and grind. You didn't do **** last year, you were the weak link. What the **** is this pancake **** you're talking about? Who the **** are you dude?

:facepalm:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I don't want this to be taking the wrong way because I enjoy watching Collins blow up those guys as much as the next guy, but I can't help looking at that play in a different light. I feel like this play was a great example of being undisciplined as a rookie guard. Collins obviously took care of his first block with ease.. But instead of running up field without the RB, maybe he could have blocked the guy that Fredrick whiffed on, or help lil Beasley block his guy, this might have allowed McFadden to find room to get up field more and possibly juke the 2nd guy Collins flattened. Instead, McFadden was tackled for minimal gain. Would have been even more spectacular had McFadden been right behind Collins as he was bulldozing folks. Coulda, woulda, shoulda..

No...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The term gets thrown around way too much these days... but Collins is going to be a beast.

Football is and always will be a physical sport, particularly along the OL. He is about as physical and aggressive as they come. Guys are going to dread playing against him, if they don't already.

I remember Jimmy Johnson saying that he liked to get players who loved the contact. He said that people think all NFL players don't mind contact but that isn't the case. He said some actively try to avoid it and that those guys playing against physical players will really wear them down by the second half. Jimmy said he wanted those physical guys... not the one's who tried to avoid it.

Collins is one of those physical guys that players aren't going to enjoy playing against. We've already seen it in his rookie year... some of those defenders wanted nothing to do with Collins running at them with a full head of steam.

It is only going to get worse for defenses.

RW31

Reaction score
He said he's only going to wear them in warmups. He knows he can't wear them in a game.
Unless he's joking they better check his brains for CTE. He couldn't possibly be this stupid or self centered, no way.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He said he's only going to wear them in warmups. He knows he can't wear them in a game.

In that case, they shouldn't be an issue. If the NFL has no problem with it, it SB fine. (At least, we wouldn't have to see them in games.)

They're still pretty doggone ugly, though, imho but if he can stand the sight of them in practice, so can I -- lol.

Last edited: