News: DMN: La'el Collins' new cleats give 'pancake block' a new meaning

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Ya know what I have a difficult time understanding, every time I see tape of the OL last year, the opposing DL is going backwards. How in the heck did we lose 12 games? I played some DL, anytime we were getting pushed around we were losing!!
I hate to say it, but give the darn offense back to Garrett.

oh yea, love the Collins kid.

The crazy part is that we led or were tied in the fourth quarter in 11 games last year.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
I'll give Dix props for that play. Got blasted and still got up and chased down McFadden. Impressive.

Wellll, the only reason Dix caught DMC was because Collins was in his way. That's some Larry Allen like speed for an OL.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I don't want this to be taking the wrong way because I enjoy watching Collins blow up those guys as much as the next guy, but I can't help looking at that play in a different light. I feel like this play was a great example of being undisciplined as a rookie guard. Collins obviously took care of his first block with ease.. But instead of running up field without the RB, maybe he could have blocked the guy that Fredrick whiffed on, or help lil Beasley block his guy, this might have allowed McFadden to find room to get up field more and possibly juke the 2nd guy Collins flattened. Instead, McFadden was tackled for minimal gain. Would have been even more spectacular had McFadden been right behind Collins as he was bulldozing folks. Coulda, woulda, shoulda..

Collins is doing his job working at the 2nd level. If Fedrick and Beasley was doing their job maybe it's a TD.

RW31

Reaction score
I should take notice that no one is responding to this guy, right?
What's there to respond to? What question needs to be answered? You make no sense. The pudding seems to be in Proof.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The crazy part is that we led or were tied in the fourth quarter in 11 games last year.

That's it, I kept staring at the TV wondering (read screaming) why DMac was running at 4 or more yds at a clip, and then we started trying to pass. We could have worn teams down and kept the defense off the field at the same time. Even when Romo was in, this offense never produced to the level of talent on the field.

Regarding Mo being out of position at times........Again I say, maybe , just maybe, we missed Callahan more than we thought.

Proof

Reaction score
What's there to respond to? What question needs to be answered? You make no sense. The pudding seems to be in Proof.

Sorry I guess the proper term was acknowledge. With two posts of blatant idiocy, I was surprised that no one called it out Or scoffed indignantly. Then it occurred to me that since I'm new you may have a history of saying silly things to which others know to ignore.

RW31

Reaction score
Sorry I guess the proper term was acknowledge. With two posts of blatant idiocy, I was surprised that no one called it out Or scoffed indignantly. Then it occurred to me that since I'm new you may have a history of saying silly things to which others know to ignore.
Go home, you're drunk.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'll give Dix props for that play. Got blasted and still got up and chased down McFadden. Impressive.

I think it's one of the more impressive plays I've seen. Most DBs are down and out after absorbing the blow from Collins. He showed incredible effort on that play.