News: DMN: Matt Mosley: Why Jerry Jones will soon start talking about trading down - and up - in...

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I don't know, I like linebackers who are capable of covering slot WRs man to man. Reminds me of a guy named Darren who was pretty good - and a linebacker in college.

I do like the player but I think Ramsey has a higher ceiling. Jack has many questions, the biggest is his lack of "splash" plays in college. Maybe it was the system he played in but he made few plays behind the LOS and his ability to rush the passer is unknown.

If Dallas decides the QB is not the way to go and an elite RB (Elliott) will not help Tony get the SB, then I hope they take the defensive player that has very few holes in his game.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I do like the player but I think Ramsey has a higher ceiling. Jack has many questions, the biggest is his lack of "splash" plays in college. Maybe it was the system he played in but he made few plays behind the LOS and his ability to rush the passer is unknown.

If Dallas decides the QB is not the way to go and an elite RB (Elliott) will not help Tony get the SB, then I hope they take the defensive player that has very few holes in his game.

Oh, well if Ramsey is available then I'm all for taking him too. If the Cowboys feel about Ramsey the same way they did about Byron Jones (and Patrick Peterson), then I would select him at #4 and never look back.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Thank you. And there are a few more examples too. Ponder was a reach. Jake Locker was a reach. Blaine Gabbert was a reach. That whole 1st round teams panicked when Cam was off the board and went full idiot. EJ Manuel was a different draft but he too was a reach.

People will sit here and say that the Russell Wilsons of the world are the exception to the rule but i'm starting to even disagree with that. Bridgewater and Derek Carr were later round guys. Andy Dalton was.

You can find QB's all over the draft. The Cowboys simply haven't even TRIED. And if you believe their word they had interest in Russell and Dalton coming out. Clearly you'd love to have prospects like a Winston or a Mariota if you have a shot at them. But there are none in this draft.

If Wentz or Goff were coming out last year they would've been mid round to early 2nd round picks.

And I do agree that its far better to hit on a franchise QB but the odds are sure slimmer to hit on a QB then it is a DB or LB. IN my eyes I have can't miss guys that can come in right now and be upgrades to this team as opposed to a backup QB. The decision is pretty much simple to me. If you speak of winning now how else will you add talent aside from overpaying and overspending in free agency on players previous teams didn't want?

These guys wouldn't even be backups. All the QB'S in this class need to develop. Having a rookie QB that can't even be a backup is crazy, problem isn't fixed

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
These guys wouldn't even be backups. All the QB'S in this class need to develop. Having a rookie QB that can't even be a backup is crazy, problem isn't fixed

I don't disagree. And people want to invest THAT in our 4th pick? That sounds crazy to me. That sounds like something you'd invest in at 2nd or 3rd.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm calling it: we make a trade with the Rams.

But whatever we get from the Rams, the Chargers can get too, and they're one spot ahead of us. We aren't one player away and neither are the Chargers.

If the Cowboys are considering any trades to move down, wouldn't the Chargers be also?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don't disagree. And people want to invest THAT in our 4th pick? That sounds crazy to me. That sounds like something you'd invest in at 2nd or 3rd.

Ya it blows my mind. Could a rookie start from this class and have success? Sure but highly unlikely so if we draft a QB at 4 I don't have a problem if Dallas feels that's the best option but they better bring in a QB that can produce IF Romo goes down again. Having a rookie QB start for injuried Romo will lead us to another top 5 pick.

Beat solution is build the team around (Denver) and you can win with subpar QB play as a game manager. Not taking players that can help win games will. ......not help us win games haha

manster4ever

Reaction score
What do you guys like about BOsa for those that have seen him play? Just curious. I see a guy who doesn't have the athleticism or speed to be a consistent double digit sack guy a year. I see a guy who is great at stopping the run. But am I using a 4th pick in the 1st round on a run stopper?

YES....I've been saying the same thing for 3 months. Very overrated and a creation of the media.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Jack has a very high ceiling, he has substantial potential that has been untapped to this point.

Most evaluators think Jack has the explosiveness and speed to edge rush in sub packages and obviously you noted he was mostly a coverage LB in college due to scheme and excellence of skill set.

Jack had splash plays in college but like Ramsey, splash plays in college alone do not define the players ability on the next level.

Jack and Ramsey are elite talents, versatile and dynamic and would upgrade this defense to be sure.

Almost every player can be picked apart in any draft but most of the criticisms that I have read on these two, especially Jack, are not shared by the majority of reputable evaluators of talent.

Sure the elite athleticism projects on the next level to some degree but these two players are excellent football players as well.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
YES....I've been saying the same thing for 3 months. Very overrated and a creation of the media.

I agree. I think its the similar build he has of Jared Allen and JJ Watts. He's not what they are and IMO, he won't ever be. Not to say he can't be a star in this league but those guys had strength and speed. Bosa isn't using his speed to beat ANYONE.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ya it blows my mind. Could a rookie start from this class and have success? Sure but highly unlikely so if we draft a QB at 4 I don't have a problem if Dallas feels that's the best option but they better bring in a QB that can produce IF Romo goes down again. Having a rookie QB start for injuried Romo will lead us to another top 5 pick.

Beat solution is build the team around (Denver) and you can win with subpar QB play as a game manager. Not taking players that can help win games will. ......not help us win games haha

Thank you. All I say is don't settle for quarterback just because you need one. That's the only thing I ask. Because there are some interesting prospects in this draft that can be had in the 2nd,3rd or 4th round of this draft.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Thank you. All I say is don't settle for quarterback just because you need one. That's the only thing I ask. Because there are some interesting prospects in this draft that can be had in the 2nd,3rd or 4th round of this draft.

I don't think taking one of the 2 top 5 rated QB when you have a big need is settling.

Cousins and Bradford just got nearly 20m without hitting the open market.

You have to throw out all the rules with QBs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think taking one of the 2 top 5 rated QB when you have a big need is settling.

Cousins and Bradford just got nearly 20m without hitting the open market.

You have to throw out all the rules with QBs.

Those organizations are silly and desperate. The Cowboys haven't even ATTEMPTED to draft a quarterback. But I understand that you will overpay for QB. I get it. But with a team that's in win now mode trying to take advantage of this core now? There are guys that can come in right now and be better than what we have. Jack and Ramsey come to mind.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Those organizations are silly and desperate. The Cowboys haven't even ATTEMPTED to draft a quarterback. But I understand that you will overpay for QB. I get it. But with a team that's in win now mode trying to take advantage of this core now? There are guys that can come in right now and be better than what we have. Jack and Ramsey come to mind.

Anytime you have a competent QB you are in a win now mode.

Parity is here to stay.

Adding one of the top QBs when Kellen Moore is our back-up is a must.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Anytime you have a competent QB you are in a win now mode.

Parity is here to stay.

Adding one of the top QBs when Kellen Moore is our back-up is a must.

Well if you are looking for a backup there are a bunch of prospects who can be our backup in later rounds.

Junglist

Reaction score
But whatever we get from the Rams, the Chargers can get too, and they're one spot ahead of us. We aren't one player away and neither are the Chargers.

If the Cowboys are considering any trades to move down, wouldn't the Chargers be also?

Uh, sure.