DMN Media Blog: Boomer Esiason calls out Aikman Bias/Aikman Responds

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Spectre;2341797 said:
exactly.

And I for one have seen Romo pull of some amazing end-game feats.

The playoff disappointments aren't the only game enders he's had. He's had quite a few hurry-up offense successes and finally toss scores/FG setups.

His name is "Boomer", for cryin out loud. Who cares what he thinks?

Yeah I guess in Boomers eyes Romo had nothing to do with the comeback in Detriot or Buffalo last year. He had nothing to do with the comeback in Arizona on Sunday. I suppose in Boomers opinion that was some other QB out there doing those things.

Not to mention the late game stuff against the Giants in 06 when he hit Witten on that nice, long, pass to set up a game winning field goal in the Meadowlands.

But, clearly, Romo sucks in pressure, game ending, situations.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think its safe to say that Aikman will call it and tell it like it is.

Romo led the Boys to 7 points and then set us up for game tying FG in last couple of minutes.

THAT makes Aikman correct without any bias.

Boom is just mad that Aikman is probably a TOP 5 announcer.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Great response from Troy, didn't expect anything less. He p0wNeD him, as the kids would say.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Boomer really does know about QB's tho and comebacks...Hey remember that Superbowl where Joe Montana came back against the Bengals...When was that again Boomer ??

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
boomer is just jealous he does not have the Aikman bling.

Sorry, Boomer.

mmohican29

Reaction score
:lmao: No question about it lol.... he basically said well I wouldn't tell another QB he sucks while I was playing and well yeah- that would be Boomer lol. Boomer can't hold Aikman's jock in either venue.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
And I'm still wondering why he thinks Tony Romo is great in end-game situations. I don't really know that we have seen that especially in a big spot at all in his career yet."

Romo's career splits in "late and close" situations...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6624/splits;_ylt=AoYNVdIka.1C42DGI4.FDL3.uLYF?year=career

116 QB Rating, 68% Completion Rating, 9:3 TD/INT Ratio.

So how could Boomer believe that Romo isn't great in end-game situations when the objective facts obviously say otherwise (by an overwhelming degree)?

Could it be .... bias?

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
While the Cardinals game wasn't one of them, and perhaps was one of Aikman's more non-anti Cowboys games, I tend to hate it when Aikman does a Cowboys game.

As others have pointed out, Aikman, quite instinctually, overcompensates and seems to be more critical of the Cowboys rather than the other way around.

Boomer should come read the boards here to see how Dallas fans feel about Aikman's "bias" sheesh!

Then again, it is bash the Cowboys month, just like the 2 months previous were Jump on the Bandwagon "on Paper" month!

Things must be normal.

LarryCanadian

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2342108 said:
Romo's career splits in "late and close" situations...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6624/splits;_ylt=AoYNVdIka.1C42DGI4.FDL3.uLYF?year=career

116 QB Rating, 68% Completion Rating, 9:3 TD/INT Ratio.

So how could Boomer believe that Romo isn't great in end-game situations when the objective facts obviously say otherwise (by an overwhelming degree)?

Could it be .... bias?

projerseysotpro-store_1911_9320735

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
interesting- alot of skins fans find aikman to be very fair. he seems to do alot of skins games.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
riggo;2342168 said:
interesting- alot of skins fans find aikman to be very fair. he seems to do alot of skins games.

Portis is probably his favorite player in the NFL.