DMN Media Blog: Boomer Esiason calls out Aikman Bias/Aikman Responds

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, Romo did bring his team back from a 10-point deficit in the final two minutes to force overtime.

Not that that's doing alright in a 2-minute situation or anything.

ddh33

Reaction score
Troy is very fair, to the annoyance of Cowboys fans. We all know that.

Boomer is a tool.

And Romo is a stud when there isn't much time.

Thanos68

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2341785 said:
good job Troy

LOL...dude you are the king of post padding. I noticed you chime in on every post with things like...I agree...or ...we gotta win... or Jerry Knows best..LOL..just thought it was funny. You are obviously a post padder or you just like to see your picture in every thread.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
classic response "I'm glad Boomer is watching NFL on Fox".

Boomer should realize Troy isn't all that biased in our favour. Moose is, you can tell he is happy when we are winning. Troy is just a professional.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Ren;2341708 said:
Aikman is anything but biased, if anyting he's a little to harsh when it comes to the Cowboys

I actually hate it when Aikman does Cowboys games. I think he is overly critical of the Cowboys.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
riggo;2342168 said:
interesting- alot of skins fans find aikman to be very fair. he seems to do alot of skins games.

He is Cowboys bias, (he even admits it due to being a career Cowboys) but he trys to be fair in all accounts in a game. Though, sometimes he is tougher on the Cowboys than other teams, but then again he was tough on his teammates while he was a Cowboy. Maybe he just holds the Cowboys to a higher standard because he always had high standards.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Jarv;2341962 said:
Boomer really does know about QB's tho and comebacks...Hey remember that Superbowl where Joe Montana came back against the Bengals...When was that again Boomer ??

Oh Damn. :laugh2:

InmanRoshi;2342181 said:
Portis is probably his favorite player in the NFL.

Yeah, to hear Troy "gush" when he talks about him is annoying. :D

RainMan;2342534 said:
Well, to be fair, Romo did bring his team back from a 10-point deficit in the final two minutes to force overtime.

Not that that's doing alright in a 2-minute situation or anything.

Thats not fair. Its just simply accurate... making Aikman correct!!!

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Aikman has three Super Bowl rings. How many does "Boomer" have?

Um, zero! Cowboys fans are usually all over Aikman for being too tough on the Cowboys.

Everyone who isn't biased knows Romo is straight up money at the end of the half and at the end of the game.

Boomer looks like an idiot.

When the other coach is onside kicking in the middle of a very close game, what would you think of the two teams. Arizona's coach was obviously scared of Dallas' offense in that game.

zeromaster

Reaction score
This is what I've always wanted to see, the media picking on each other. Next: a PPV beatdown. :D

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Boomer is an idiot! If anything in his broadcasting career Aikman has gone out of his way at times to not look like a Cowboys homer. Although this year ive thought Aikman has done a great job of balancing it out like if he had never been a Cowboy which is koo with me! sometimes in the past like last year he sounded like a hater. this year he's done a great job!

calico

Reaction score
I work for Fox and I get to watch some of the Cowboys games that Aikman does on the feed from the truck and the ONLY time Aikman is ever rooting for the Cowboys is during commercial breaks when he is off the air and reviewing plays on his monitor. He commented last week to several people that the Cardinals were holding on alot of plays and they were not being called but he never says alot of the stuff when he is on the air.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That's hilarious because I was screaming at my tv for how much Card love was getting tossed around.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
calico;2342830 said:
I work for Fox and I get to watch some of the Cowboys games that Aikman does on the feed from the truck and the ONLY time Aikman is ever rooting for the Cowboys is during commercial breaks when he is off the air and reviewing plays on his monitor. He commented last week to several people that the Cardinals were holding on alot of plays and they were not being called but he never says alot of the stuff when he is on the air.

good to hear that bro, thanks for sharing.

Duane

Reaction score
calico;2342830 said:

Very cool info. Joe Buck is probably talking about baseball during his breaks.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Funny how the gals were much more animated.

http://img377.*************/img377/7931/vlcsnap378630li4.jpg

tyke1doe

Reaction score
nyc;2341714 said:
I wonder what got into him. That is generally a big no-no. That was a serious mistake on Boomer's part.

Boomer was a Cardinals QB.

Aikman was commentator for the Cardinals-Cowboys game.

Cardinals are leading their division for the first time since the Bronze Age.

You do the math. ;)

calico

Reaction score
Duane;2343022 said:
Very cool info. Joe Buck is probably talking about baseball during his breaks.

he does actually :laugh2: They usually comment on scores and highlights from other games in the league that they check out during the break.

Aikman is very professional though, he will discuss with Joe Buck or who ever he works with about topics they want to discuss when they come back from the break. I remember aikman on sunday going over with Stockton about how big of a win for the cards this would be and the points he would hit on so that Stockton could contribute to the conversation.

I will try to record the next game off the truck feed with Aikman and post some clips here.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
calico;2343099 said:
he does actually :laugh2: They usually comment on scores and highlights from other games in the league that they check out during the break.

Aikman is very professional though, he will discuss with Joe Buck or who ever he works with about topics they want to discuss when they come back from the break. I remember aikman on sunday going over with Stockton about how big of a win for the cards this would be and the points he would hit on so that Stockton could contribute to the conversation.

I will try to record the next game off the truck feed with Aikman and post some clips here.

You work for the NFL on Fox?