News: DMN: National writer: Cowboys' offensive line is elite, but not the best in the NFL

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
It's ok....lol. Let them say and think that. It's better to fly under the radar anyways. Let the playing do the talking.

Gameover

Reaction score
They're the one's(I know) who said we have the OL.

Who cares

Emmitt > Barry argument that I never partook in.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
If there's an offensive line better right now, I'd sure like to see it. I don't know how you could be any better than we've been over the last few weeks. Our dudes are DESTROYING folks.

bark

Reaction score
Who cares what these dudes say, as long as we get pacman's daughter the rushing title.......we good

T-RO

Reaction score
If you were to break it down and be objective...looking at each play and lineman...I imagine we weren't the best performing line the first couple of weeks.

But the line seems to have improved since then. Leary has been an upgrade, cohesiveness of the line with EE has improved.

I am worried that Smith's injury could be troublesome. Those 'stinger' injuries can be recurring and can impact range of movement and strength.

If Smith can get healthy and the rest of the guys stay healthy they can be one of the best lines not just in the league...but of any line in recent years.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Lol our offense line has been on fire.. but really the giants?? Lol

reddyuta

Reaction score
tbh they were terrible at run blocking in game one.Even tyron was bad,Vernon beat him repeatedly to stop EE.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I actually don't disagree with the notion. However, Leary has looked really good and I'm surprised we didn't start him over Collins to begin with.

But once Tyron is fully healthy, I think it's by far the best O-Line in the game.

YR

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I dont watch other teams like I do the Cowboys
But if you told me we don't have the best line I would believe it. Sometimes they play flat out bad. They've played great recently but they go through stretches that's for sure.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
The only opinions that matter are those from players and coaches.

We'll see how the body of evidence stacks up at the end of the year.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yea, those intuitive stats are 'truely' revealing. Imagine having to rely upon depth in today's NFL season...

Yet somehow two 'rooks' are dominating in that same NFL- in QB stats and running stats...yea, go figure on the insights found in the above chosen, but 'golden' stats.

As to opinions...this fan has one also. I love those 'big ugglies.'

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
That was published before the Bengals game, because I saw it referenced on a Giants forum. I thought it was comical that they had the Cowboys as the third best in the NFCE. It's just further proof that PFF is useless for anything except stat gathering.

wow really?

I never read pff and don't care what they say good or bad but that is an amazingly dumb observation.

conner01

Reaction score
Leading the league in rushing and tied for the second fewest sacks allowed in the league.

Suck it nerds! They ARE the best, despite the injury losses.
If anything smith being out and Collins being out and still dominating seems to show they are a very good unit
Hard to find a stat that really defines an online but seems like sacks and rushing yards would be a pretty good start

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This year they are the best, let me make it clear, "YR did say to me Pollack would be good" and i felt he didnt have it in him. Penalties are down, stupid mistakes are down, and they have for the first time with this line, imposing their will.

This is the line everyone was banking on post Callahan and Pollack delivered

I was wrong and even if i didnt admit it, the Oline play will show it and thats all that matters.

Kudos Yakuza Rich for calling that one when i challenged it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
If you read the Milwaukee journal sentinel or the packers website its obvious the packers lineman are all fired up to show dallas they are better. Get the sense they want to say they are better but are not saying it because they don't want to trash talk.

During the packers preseason one of their broadcasters said mcarthy told him they had 12 starting offensive lineman, that's how good they are.

I really hate mike McCarthy. I want this win pretty bad sunday.

perrykemp

Reaction score
If you read the Milwaukee journal sentinel or the packers website its obvious the packers lineman are all fired up to show dallas they are better. Get the sense they want to say they are better but are not saying it because they don't want to trash talk.

During the packers preseason one of their broadcasters said mcarthy told him they had 12 starting offensive lineman, that's how good they are.

I really hate mike McCarthy. I want this win pretty bad sunday.

I was surprised when they let go of Josh Sitton at the beginning of the season. He was one of the top pass blocking guards in the NFL.