News: DMN: Roger Staubach on Romo-Prescott: 'Right now, it's Dak's locker room'

Zordon

Reaction score
Bob Sturm said it best last week on the radio...Tony isn't owed anything. His diehards always refer back to 2014 as if that was the greatest season ever. We didn't even make it to the conference finals.

Sturm and nearly every relevant Cowboys legend is on the Dak train. It's time for the Romosexuals to fall back. (This is a preemptive strike b/c I know there's a decent chance Dak struggles on Sunday and we'll hear the same calls for Romo from the Eagles game)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak shouldn't struggle against their defense, it is nothing special. We just have to hope their offense remains stagnate for another week.

dewby

Reaction score
Put Romo in to destroy the controversy and have it a play well or the rook's coming back in type of situation - Then we showed loyalty but ultimately and statistically it is now obviously the better choice at quarterback to go with the rookie and make things situational for Tony, be it that should happen. Then it will just relieve pressure for allllll of the controversy that looms in the future if for any reason, god forbid, in the playoffs now Dak starts playing like sh** and it becomes nothing but a 'should they or shouldn't they have put Tony back in as the seasoned veteran for the second half of the season'? 'Was Dak really ready'? 'Should Jerry and Stephen have shown more faith in their veteran starter Tony'?

It needs to get settled now, or else this will be the only topic on ESPN and various other sports varieties regarding the Dallas Cowboys until opening day next year. Tony's earned the start, let him earn to keep the job and if therein we find the silver lining then so be it.

Who's to say we're worse without him?

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I think of last year and how Denver handled Peyton Manning as a good example. Let Dak start and Tony be the backup plan for "IF" Dak starts to struggle going into the stretch. Like Manning I think Tony or at least would hope Tony understands what's on the line.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Wonder how close he and Tony are?
My guess, not close at all. I wouldn't want to be close with the man taking my job...especially the high paying, high profile position of QB for the Dallas Cowboys. This must happen with every QB...Think Roger was in love with Danny? Anyway, its time and Staubach, like it or not, is correct.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Dak shouldn't struggle against their defense, it is nothing special. We just have to hope their offense remains stagnate for another week.
If they do get going, he might press to keep up with Ben as he appeared to do against Philly at times. Very worried about their double threat, especially with Church and Mo out.

Stryker44

Reaction score
I hate it for Tony too... but any team would stick with Prescott as long as they keep winning and as long as Dak is adored by the locker room.

It is the ony thing that makes sense.

Not true. Honor. Loyalty. Sacrifice. Come first.

Zordon

Reaction score
Roger is an idiot and doesn't know football and whoever agrees with him is in that same category.

Did I do it right CZ?
You forgot that Staubach has a personal vendetta against Romo bc deep down he knows Romo>>>Staubach. Look at the stats!!!

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I can't stand any more of win and he stays, garbage. This team isn't going to go 15-1. Either make this Dak's team (which it should have long since been by now) or go back to Romo already.

This QB situation is really starting to kill the fun of the season for me.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Good for Dak, what a season, and now some of the all-time greats are supporting our young rook.

But guys, let's give Romo some respect for not creating controversy even once during this Dak train, i.e. going to the media, speaking out, complaining, etc, like a lot of selfish quarterbacks of his status, perhaps. would. He's been completely silent, like a true pro. A true team player.

Go Cowboys, big game tomorrow.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Romo will lead us into the playoffs with Dak playing backup, that's almost a guarantee as far as I see it. Something will happen as we get closer to get Romo on the field.