News: DMN: Troy Aikman impressed by additional scrutiny Dak Prescott has faced that Wentz has not

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
There's really no fair treatment when it comes to NFL football, people get cut, people lose their jobs, people get benched, that's how life is as a football player in the NFL. It's hard to take it too personal when you have a nice paycheck to come home to.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The mole hill has grown bigger than Everett. The players and front office have likely discussed the non issue since preseason. Any "problem" exists with some fans and media, who constantly try dredging up something that doesn't exist. Heck. Even Aikman isn't immune to the nonsense.

Reaction score
There's no doubt that Romo would be under pressure of having to equal Dak's success in the event he eventually steps back into the picture himself. I think there's probably a good chance that he'd deal with the pressure quite well also. We have two excellent QBs who are both good in the way they deal with pressure. There are many teams that would love to be in that situation.

Oh man, Tony would be under enormous pressure if they put him in unless Dak continues to struggle... basically it would be a no-win situation unless he leads them to the Super Bowl and wins. Anything short of that and the blame would be placed at his feet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh man, Tony would be under enormous pressure if they put him in unless Dak continues to struggle... basically it's a no-win situation unless he leads them to the Super Bowl and wins. Anything short of that and the blame will be placed on Romo.
Romo has been in a no-win situation since jump. Sure, the old adage is true. Quarterbacks receive too much praise and blame but accountability that some people think they level upon other players and coaching is not equal by any legitimate standard.

As a Cowboys fan, I hope Prescott never goes through similar unnecessary criticism throughout his career. Presently, all of his teammates are exceling at their assignments fairly well. Coaching has been steady, not perfect, but very good. Success in any team sport is a combination of all these factors and a few more. Hopefully, Prescott enjoys this same type of support and he returns his efforts in kind for years to come because...

...some fans are fickle and others are far worse. Those who disagree should ask Romo's opinion lol.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think Troy is criticizing the Cowboys organization for not telling Dak that he's "their guy." I think he's merely giving credit to Dak for holding up to the pressures of knowing he might be replaced at some point, in addition to the pressures of the game itself. I can't honestly say as I blame the FO for wanting to take the safest position possible.

There's no doubt that Romo would be under pressure of having to equal Dak's success in the event he eventually steps back into the picture himself. I think there's probably a good chance that he'd deal with the pressure quite well also. We have two excellent QBs who are both good in the way they deal with pressure. There are many teams that would love to be in that situation.
I think you are right in many ways..

but I think with QB..

when you have 2 QBs..

you really have none becuz the team is going to take sides behind the scenes.

Thats a problem.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
It's obvious that there is NOBODY lurking over the shoulder of Carson Wentz - meanwhile Romo could be construed by Dak as a kind of Damoclean sword.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
There seems to be an "understanding" w/in the org. and that's good in my book. Dak knows he's ready but Tony can still out throw him any day when healthy. This is his rookie year after all; maybe wouldn't mind the pressure off his back once TR returns? TR and the org know his time is limited. Do the math...Dak knows even if he hasn't been told out in the clear ; nothing needs to be said. TR has maybe this season, next if you're naive. If TR does go through this routine again next season (hope not for his sake tbh) we have a top 15 QB on the bench ready to go for one more year bf injury. Give the man his chance when ready and the keys are yours young man...welcome to family.

Last edited:

Zman5

Reaction score
Regardless who starts, both QB will feel pressure this year, knowing there will be a person on the side line ready to take over if he isn't playing well.

Handled properly, it can be a good thing. It may keep each player more focused to do better. If they can't handle that kind of competition, they shouldn't be starting.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Regardless who starts, both QB will feel pressure this year, knowing there will be a person on the side line ready to take over if he isn't playing well.

Handled properly, it can be a good thing. It may keep each player more focused to do better. If they can't handle that kind of competition, they shouldn't be starting.
This is where JG needs to keep the locker room intact; no clicks for each player. Earn that 6...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think Dak has been in this position before helps in this situation. He went through it in high school and college and now in the pros so he is most prepared to know his last pass could come at any time

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Troy nails it yet again. Cowboys brass has continued to fail in not making it crystal clear that they're sticking with Dak for the remainder of the season. They're just not acting upon anything and using every passing week as an opportunity to "see if it's now time to replace him". It's a weak approach if you ask me but who am I really... Even amidst that veiled indecisive approach to the dilemma, Dak continues to impress at every turn.
Yeah dude. You nailed it.

Dak > Carson Flatz