Do Cowboys have Best WR unit in NFL?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
they don’t need to be the best to beat out other teams’ 2’s and 3’s. Fitz is still one of the best slot receivers in the nfl
There is no planet where Fitz and AJ Green are better than Amari Cooper or Gallup or CD Lamb and Gallup. Just none. Godwin and Antonio Brown run circles around them and Godwin is a much better slot receiver than Fitz. I can think of 10 guys right now i'd rather have in the slot. You are basing your opinion based on name recognition. Fitz may have a bigger name than Godwin but he's nowhere near as good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agree with you about Minny. Should be way higher, and higher than us. But do we even know what AJ Green has left? Fitzgerald is solid but again a good deal off his high. There's no higher 1, 2 than Seattle's. He has that correct I think.
Minnie only has 2 receivers though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lockett is a very good receiver, but not one of the NFL’s best no. 2’s. While Metcalf has had a great start to his career, Michael Thomas is already historically great. He and a broken lawn chair should be up there too
Lockette is not even a #2....he and Metcalf are like 1a and 1b.

You can't have the best receiving group in the league even if one of those guys is Michael Thomas.

quickccc

Reaction score
Lockette is not even a #2....he and Metcalf are like 1a and 1b.

You can't have the best receiving group in the league even if one of those guys is Michael Thomas.

with no true QB, i don't think we're not gonna hear a lot from Michael Thomas than in past, for quite awhile - in fact i'm hearing rumors Saints maybe shopping Thomas.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lockett is a very good receiver, but not one of the NFL’s best no. 2’s. While Metcalf has had a great start to his career, Michael Thomas is already historically great. He and a broken lawn chair should be up there too
Other than maybe at Atl, Minn, TB and maybe Dallas (Lamb?), I can't think many (or any) teams with better WR2s better than Lockett.
1050 yards and 10 TDs is strong

quickccc

Reaction score
Kansas City Chiefs – Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman.
Denver Broncos – Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, KJ Hamler.
Dallas Cowboys – Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Tyler Johnson.
Arizona Cardinals – DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, AJ Green.

Nice list ;)

- Watkins is no longer with KC Chiefs, (hard to believe Cowboys once targeted him to replace Dez)
.-ex-Cincy great AJ Green now with Ariz ,
- last heard Fitz was undecided about retirement or returning

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
with no true QB, i don't think we're not gonna hear a lot from Michael Thomas than in past, for quite awhile - in fact i'm hearing rumors Saints maybe shopping Thomas.

I maybe in the minority but I mean it was clear Michael Thomas was force fed. I think he's a great receiver but he would have 10 catches in a game and 4 of them be for 10 yards lol. He was labeled as the best receiver in the league and I just never saw it personally.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
There is no planet where Fitz and AJ Green are better than Amari Cooper or Gallup or CD Lamb and Gallup. Just none. Godwin and Antonio Brown run circles around them and Godwin is a much better slot receiver than Fitz. I can think of 10 guys right now i'd rather have in the slot. You are basing your opinion based on name recognition. Fitz may have a bigger name than Godwin but he's nowhere near as good.

But then when you compare Hopkins to Cooper, there a lot of gap to add to Fitz and AJ

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Other than maybe at Atl, Minn, TB and maybe Dallas (Lamb?), I can't think many (or any) teams with better WR2s better than Lockett.
1050 yards and 10 TDs is strong

I don’t disagree, I simply disagree with saying he’s the best. Those are the best you mentioned; he’s somewhere afterward.

Miami’s gonna be up there too once Waddle’s put some yards up. Devante Parker is great, but they also have Will Fuller, he’s electric.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Kansas City Chiefs – Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman.
Denver Broncos – Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, KJ Hamler.
Dallas Cowboys – Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Tyler Johnson.
Arizona Cardinals – DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk.
I don't think Watkins and Hardeman are top shelf receivers- not even close. They are products of Mahommes mobility!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Through 5 games last year Dallas WR's were on pace for 1356,1385 and 1113 yards

We will see how they do this full year but any team would be hard pressed to top that with it's top 3

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think Watkins and Hardeman are top shelf receivers- not even close. They are products of Mahommes mobility!

I don't even think its Mahomes mobility. He's not the most mobile guy in the world. He's not Lamar or even Deshaun Watson in that regard.

Hardeman and Watkins benefit from having Kelce and Tyreke Hill lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Through 5 games last year Dallas WR's were on pace for 1356,1385 and 1113 yards

We will see how they do this full year but any team would be hard pressed to top that with it's top 3

I'm not even sure that's been done in history by 3 receivers...I don't think it would've happened honestly. I don't think you can even consistently do what the Cowboys did last year trailing in all those games like that.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't even think its Mahomes mobility. He's not the most mobile guy in the world. He's not Lamar or even Deshaun Watson in that regard.

Hardeman and Watkins benefit from having Kelce and Tyreke Hill lol.
In mobility, I mean ability to move around the pocket and create time for his receivers to get open off the original route.

J-man

Reaction score
If you go strictly top 3 WR's from each team, Cooper, Gallup and Lamb, than I'd say we are right behind with the Bucs' with Evans, Godwin and Brown.
If you allow substitutions 3rd WR for TE's, we probably fall down the list somewhat.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In mobility, I mean ability to move around the pocket and create time for his receivers to get open off the original route.
Oh gotcha. I mean that's a big part of it. But we saw what happened in the Super Bowl when he had no time to throw. He was cooked.