Do Cowboys have Best WR unit in NFL?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by quickccc, May 21, 2021.

1. Silverz1972

Silverz1972 Well-Known Member

816 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    1) cowboys
    2) Arizona
    2) bengals
    3) bucs
    4) chiefs

2. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

6,096 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    And I never set him as the bar; I originally, intentionally only brought up guys who I thought were tier 2’s for that very reason. Not Julio, not even Michael Thomas. Deandre was your addition to the conversation

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  3. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

9,605 Messages
    8,185 Likes Received

Gosh I would have loved to have Hopkins here. He is one of my favorite receivers.

We are up there with having the best receivers. It's time that we use it wisely.

4. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

48,776 Messages
    42,339 Likes Received
    Very well could be.

5. rocyaice

48,776 Messages
    42,339 Likes Received
    Yeah because you said Amari wasn’t a #1 because he didn’t show up in a win or go home game...neither did Hopkins.

6. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

38,985 Messages
    26,064 Likes Received
    You will see.

7. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

10,934 Messages
    11,813 Likes Received
    Only to an eagles fan is Coop not a WR1.
    Coop would be the best WR on the Eagles roster instantly.
    Fulgham
    Reagor
    Smith

8. Aerolithe_Lion

6,096 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    the last WR1 we had was probably Owens. Alshon had the makings of one in Chicago, but he never panned out to his fullest in Philly. Like I said before, beating out the other 5 guys doesnt automatically make you a WR1

9. Aerolithe_Lion

6,096 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    just looking at the last playoff game Deandre played in was 9 for 118 against the chiefs. In fact, he's been excellent at the end of seasons with Houston back in the division or in a race to win it in December:

2019 Amari had back to back 120 and 119 yard games in December to help Houston edge out the Titans 10-6 vs 9-7, up until he had his concussion issue heading into TB

2018 It was the 11-5 Texans just edging out the 10-6 Colts. How did Deandre finish out the regular season to help keep the Texans ahead? 12 for 147(!), 9 for 104, and then 10 for 170 and 2 TDs. that's an average of 10 for 140, crazy. Those were his last 3 games, Texans went 2 and 1 and pull it out. To say he was dominated in that stretch is an understatement, he was there for them.

2016 Again Same thing. Texans win the division by a game over the Colts, Deandre finishes out the season by going 7 for 123. 9-7 edges out 8-8

2015 2015, Same thing again. 9-7 Texans edge out the 8-8 Colts. Deandre final 3 games of the season? averages 100 yards a game. Texans win all 3 including a win over the colts to take it.

That's every playoff season he's ever played in, finished out the regular season in a big way when the team needed him the most. All 1 game division leads. Now take this list and go back again and look at AC's. How many of these playoff seasons would the Texans have missed if Deandre showed up like Amari did in his win-or-go-home games? Half? All?

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  10. black label

black label Well-Known Member

4,691 Messages
    7,187 Likes Received
    jerrry says 20 year back pack

11. rocyaice

48,776 Messages
    42,339 Likes Received
    What did Hopkins do last year though?

12. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

6,032 Messages
    7,475 Likes Received
    I think it's TB with Evans, Godwin, Brown. The Cowboys, in my opinion are the 2nd best. However, I think you need to include Pitts as a receiver for Atlanta, that puts them right up there with the top 2, if not the best.

13. Aerolithe_Lion

6,096 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    He went to a bad team, put up 1400 yards receiving with a QB who didn’t even throw for 4K yards. That’s not an every day occurrence, that’s for sure

14. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

32,781 Messages
    57,279 Likes Received
    All I care about is are they good enough and I'd say yep, they are. They weren't before they got Cooper but that position is not a problem area.

The Cowboys have only had the best WR corps in the league once in their history, when they could put Alworth and Hayes on the field. They've had good ones but there were always better ones except in 71.

I also think ranking WR corps without the QB is ludicrous. That set up in TB is only challenged by KC.

15. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

6,666 Messages
    7,692 Likes Received
    Did Godwin go to the Titans?

16. catiii

catiii Well-Known Member

2,858 Messages
    4,212 Likes Received
    I think a lot of that is who is throwing the ball and how much he's spreading it around because of his limitations on certain routes which is why we have no 1400 yd receiver. :( Dak will delay the Super Bowl for us until he's gone. To many throws he can't make.

Frozen700 likes this.
  17. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

17,206 Messages
    5,837 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm just hoping our D can make a difference.

All he needs to do is drive the bus without crashing.

catiii likes this.
  18. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

26,449 Messages
    32,305 Likes Received
    WRx3=1.

19. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

7,369 Messages
    8,842 Likes Received
    Which unit had the most drops? That drop stat line would help put things into perspective.