Do Cowboys have Best WR unit in NFL?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Deandre is in a class of his own with about 2 other guys. He’s not the bar for #1 receivers.

And I never set him as the bar; I originally, intentionally only brought up guys who I thought were tier 2’s for that very reason. Not Julio, not even Michael Thomas. Deandre was your addition to the conversation

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Do Cowboys have the Best WR unit in NFL ?
Where would you rank Cowboys WR unit among the top WR units in the entire NFL ?

After some thoughts, this is how I would rank Cowboys WR unit vs other top WR units.
Thoughts ? How would you rank the better WR units in NFL ?

1) Seattle (Metcalf, Lockett)

2) Cleveland (Landry, Beckham, Higgins)

3) Arizona (Hopkins, AJ Green, Kirk, Fitz)

4) ATL (Ridley, Julio J, Gage)

5) Dallas (Cooper, Lamb, Gallup)

6) Buff (Diggs, Beasley, Sanders)

7) KC chiefs (Hill, Robinson, Hardman)

8) Bucs (Evans, A. brown)

9) Vikes (Jefferson, Thielen)

10) Washington (McLaurin, Samuels)

Honorable Mention:
Green bay (Adams,Vasquez)
Denver (Sutton Jeudy)
Rams (woods, Kupp, Jefferson)

Gosh I would have loved to have Hopkins here. He is one of my favorite receivers.

We are up there with having the best receivers. It's time that we use it wisely.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And I never set him as the bar; I originally, intentionally only brought up guys who I thought were tier 2’s for that very reason. Not Julio, not even Michael Thomas. Deandre was your addition to the conversation
Yeah because you said Amari wasn’t a #1 because he didn’t show up in a win or go home game...neither did Hopkins.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
none of them are #1 receivers. Lamb may be one day, but Cooper’s next great season will be his first. He’s a high tier 3 WR
Only to an eagles fan is Coop not a WR1.
Coop would be the best WR on the Eagles roster instantly.
Fulgham
Reagor
Smith

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Only to an eagles fan is Coop not a WR1.
Coop would be the best WR on the Eagles roster instantly.
Fulgham
Reagor
Smith

the last WR1 we had was probably Owens. Alshon had the makings of one in Chicago, but he never panned out to his fullest in Philly. Like I said before, beating out the other 5 guys doesnt automatically make you a WR1

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yeah because you said Amari wasn’t a #1 because he didn’t show up in a win or go home game...neither did Hopkins.

just looking at the last playoff game Deandre played in was 9 for 118 against the chiefs. In fact, he's been excellent at the end of seasons with Houston back in the division or in a race to win it in December:

2019 Amari had back to back 120 and 119 yard games in December to help Houston edge out the Titans 10-6 vs 9-7, up until he had his concussion issue heading into TB

2018 It was the 11-5 Texans just edging out the 10-6 Colts. How did Deandre finish out the regular season to help keep the Texans ahead? 12 for 147(!), 9 for 104, and then 10 for 170 and 2 TDs. that's an average of 10 for 140, crazy. Those were his last 3 games, Texans went 2 and 1 and pull it out. To say he was dominated in that stretch is an understatement, he was there for them.

2016 Again Same thing. Texans win the division by a game over the Colts, Deandre finishes out the season by going 7 for 123. 9-7 edges out 8-8

2015 2015, Same thing again. 9-7 Texans edge out the 8-8 Colts. Deandre final 3 games of the season? averages 100 yards a game. Texans win all 3 including a win over the colts to take it.

That's every playoff season he's ever played in, finished out the regular season in a big way when the team needed him the most. All 1 game division leads. Now take this list and go back again and look at AC's. How many of these playoff seasons would the Texans have missed if Deandre showed up like Amari did in his win-or-go-home games? Half? All?

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
just looking at the last playoff game Deandre played in was 9 for 118 against the chiefs. In fact, he's been excellent at the end of seasons with Houston back in the division or in a race to win it in December:

2019 Amari had back to back 120 and 119 yard games in December to help Houston edge out the Titans 10-6 vs 9-7, up until he had his concussion issue heading into TB

2018 It was the 11-5 Texans just edging out the 10-6 Colts. How did Deandre finish out the regular season to help keep the Texans ahead? 12 for 147(!), 9 for 104, and then 10 for 170 and 2 TDs. that's an average of 10 for 140, crazy. Those were his last 3 games, Texans went 2 and 1 and pull it out. To say he was dominated in that stretch is an understatement, he was there for them.

2016 Again Same thing. Texans win the division by a game over the Colts, Deandre finishes out the season by going 7 for 123. 9-7 edges out 8-8

2015 2015, Same thing again. 9-7 Texans edge out the 8-8 Colts. Deandre final 3 games of the season? averages 100 yards a game. Texans win all 3 including a win over the colts to take it.

That's every playoff season he's ever played in, finished out the regular season in a big way when the team needed him the most. All 1 game division leads. Now take this list and go back again and look at AC's. How many of these playoff seasons would the Texans have missed if Deandre showed up like Amari did in his win-or-go-home games? Half? All?
What did Hopkins do last year though?

Cowboyny

Reaction score

After some thoughts, this is how I would rank Cowboys WR unit vs other top WR units.

Honorable Mention:
Denver (Sutton Jeudy)

I think it's TB with Evans, Godwin, Brown. The Cowboys, in my opinion are the 2nd best. However, I think you need to include Pitts as a receiver for Atlanta, that puts them right up there with the top 2, if not the best.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I care about is are they good enough and I'd say yep, they are. They weren't before they got Cooper but that position is not a problem area.

The Cowboys have only had the best WR corps in the league once in their history, when they could put Alworth and Hayes on the field. They've had good ones but there were always better ones except in 71.

I also think ranking WR corps without the QB is ludicrous. That set up in TB is only challenged by KC.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Why'd you leave out Chris Godwin from the Bucs?
Their receiving corp. is better than ours.
And why would you not compare an equal number of receivers? Three-to-three, instead of two-to-three?

As for the question, it's hard to judge receiving corp because receivers' productivity depends on the quarterback and the offensive philosophy. I think we have strong group, but we'll learn more about where they rank with Dak back under center.
I doubt the Bucs would be as explosive sans Brady. We saw this vividly when Winston was quarterback.
The Packers should be higher on the list because of Aaron Rodgers. If we had him as quarterback, our receivers would be the top trio. So would Cleveland's and so would Arizona's or the WFT's.

Anyway, as is often said around here, I "like our guys." ;)
Did Godwin go to the Titans?

catiii

Reaction score
Bucs(Godwin, Evans, a brown,Gronk)....ATL, chiefs(Kelce is like a wr) ect

We arent close to number 1, but probably fall somewhere around after 8.

We have a legit squad, but not the best
I think a lot of that is who is throwing the ball and how much he's spreading it around because of his limitations on certain routes which is why we have no 1400 yd receiver. :( Dak will delay the Super Bowl for us until he's gone. To many throws he can't make.

Frozen700

Reaction score
I think a lot of that is who is throwing the ball and how much he's spreading it around because of his limitations on certain routes which is why we have no 1400 yd receiver. :( Dak will delay the Super Bowl for us until he's gone. To many throws he can't make.

Yeah, I'm just hoping our D can make a difference.

All he needs to do is drive the bus without crashing.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

Honorable Mention:
Denver (Sutton Jeudy)
Which unit had the most drops? That drop stat line would help put things into perspective.