Do not re-sign Zeke

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So what you're saying is it doesn't matter who your rb is if the line doesn't open up big holes?

Shouldn't a back you draft 4th overall be able to overcome this? If he isn't then it's almost like it's not worth it having big money in a RB?

Damian Williams and CJ Anderson make a combined 2MM and both went for over 120 yards yesterday. Zeke is on a 25MM guaranteed deal.

Stop the madness people. He wasn't worth the pick and he won't be worth an extension. Already he's lost his long speed. What will he look like in 3 years on a 16MM average per year deal? After 2 more 400 carry years?

The argument fails when you see Barkley creating something out of nothing almost weekly.

A top 5 pick who was our supposed “MVP” should be able to make something happen against a bad run defense with two undersized linebackers.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Do you even football bruh???

Zeke was getting hit BEHIND THE LOS all day, he can't block for himself. We got beat in the trenches.
Connor is a tackle, not a guard. Coaching fail....

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
We don’t need Cooper haha

Again, show me a team that has won the Super Bowl with an elite WR?

Sounds like you are cheering for the wrong team. Raiders front office moves are right up your alley.

You really don't realize how football ignorant that sounds about Cooper?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Sounds like you would love Raider front office moves.

Sounds like you are cheering for the wrong team. Raiders front office moves are right up your alley.

Again, show me an elite WR that has a super bowl ring.

The closest you can give is Gronkowski, which the Pats still won one with without him 2 years later...

Come on haha

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Do you even football bruh???

Zeke was getting hit BEHIND THE LOS all day, he can't block for himself. We got beat in the trenches.
Connor is a tackle, not a guard. Coaching fail....

So does Barkley.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The closest you can give is Gronkowski, which the Pats still won one with without him 2 years later...

Come on haha
I'm guessing you mean in the past few years and are exclude Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice, etc?

CPanther95

Reaction score
The entire team is built around Zeke - they have no choice but to sign him.

... and he's going to insist that it happens this offseason since Gurley got his deal after year 3.

aria

Reaction score
Your way would be much worse. You'd let our best player walk ? That's dumb.
Yeah, because a RB is invaluable even with a deteriorating O line :rolleyes:

Over paying for a RB who has nowhere to run is even dumber. Lol, what a joke. O line helps the RB, QB, Receivers, TE’s, everything...RB not nearly as much.

_sturt_

Reaction score
You are absolutely wrong which is why I gave you the actual video and not a screenshot.

That’s basically him raising the ball for a quick second right when he turns around and lowering it because he sees Donald coming right for him..

Stop making excuses for his horrible pocket presence..

Absurd. You post a video clip, and then deny what is obvious to the naked eye.

Look, hate on Dak at your pleasure, but just don't make things up... it doesn't help your argument that Dak's a waste.

The ref blew the whistle.

When the ref blew the whistle, Dak's WHOLE BODY limbers up, like is typical of all QBs when refs blow the whistle, and simultaneously he didn't throw the pass he was about to throw had the whistle not blown.

I can tell you're going to argue in order to save face, but the video clip doesn't lie. Donald couldn't cover 3 yards in a split second. The throw was out of there if the ref doesn't blow the whistle.

khiladi

Reaction score

Look, hate on Dak at your pleasure, but just don't make things up... it doesn't help your argument that Dak's a waste.

When the ref blew the whistle, Dak's WHOLE BODY limbers up, like is typical of all QBs when refs blow the whistle, and simultaneously he didn't throw the pass he was about to throw had the whistle not blown.

I can tell you're going to argue in order to save face, but the video clip doesn't lie.

What’s obvious is Dak’s garbage pocket presence and what’s obvious is Dak spins immediately and raises his arm to scan and sees Donald right there. A QB is obviously going to pull his arm up when he starts looking downfield. QBs aren’t supposed to keep the ball at their waist when starting to look downfield.

There is no Dak is about to throw the ball based on a screenshot. Dak pulls down immediately as soon as he sees Dak and Donald was about to blast him.

Like I said, just stop. His awful pocket presence got him into the crappy play in the first place.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Barkley has a little more wiggle than Zeke, he's a bit more finesse than power. What's your point? You want Barry Sanders? You got Zeke...

Yes, I want Barry Sanders and not the cheap version of Smith

So again, Zeke needs a great O-Line and Barkley doesn’t.

Zeke sucks in the red zone, can’t take it to the house, and is pretty average in terms of receiving.

All this talk that Zeke gets the “dirty yards” and couldn’t get the most important yard in his career.

Stop touting him - he’s an RB in a passing league.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Yes, I want Barry Sanders and not the cheap version of Smith

So again, Zeke needs a great O-Line and Barkley doesn’t.

Zeke sucks in the red zone, can’t take it to the house, and is pretty average in terms of receiving.

All this talk that Zeke gets the “dirty yards” and couldn’t get the most important yard in his career.

Stop touting him - he’s an RB in a passing league.

I want Joe Montana or John Elway for quarterback, I also want a Lamborghini, a cabin in the mountains, 12 wives, I could go on and on...

Can't always get what you want kid....

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I want Joe Montana or John Elway for quarterback, I also want a Lamborghini, a cabin in the mountains, 12 wives, I could go on and on...

Can't always get what you want kid....

That doesn’t mean you settle and overpay for cheap versions of those things. Which is what you want.

Again, our fandom glorifying mediocrity since 1996

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
That doesn’t mean you settle and overpay for cheap versions of those things. Which is what you want.

Again, our fandom glorifying mediocrity since 1996

You're talking about once in a lifetime type talent. Unless we change our scheme, this offense is sunk without Zeke....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

I can tell you're going to argue in order to save face, but the video clip doesn't lie. Donald couldn't cover 3 yards in a split second. The throw was out of there if the ref doesn't blow the whistle.
Got him!!!

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score

Come on haha

There is a ton of them. Rice, Irvin, Holt, Fitzgerald, Thomas off the top of my head. There are also teams like the Seahawks who have had multiple really good WR's like Baldwin and Lockett. Also we can't really narrow it down to just Superbowl winner because Patriots have pretty much owned that for along time now.

How about teams with elite receivers who make it to Championship games?

It takes top level talent at all levels.. Pretty much true in all of professional sports.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You're talking about once in a lifetime type talent. Unless we change our scheme, this offense is sunk without Zeke....

...then change the dang scheme that fits the current NFL.

Again, settling and overpaying because scouting is hard is not a valid excuse.

Zeke will be wanting money like he is a legend - you are okay with giving him that. He’s an RB in a league built for the pass.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There is a ton of them. Rice, Irvin, Holt, Fitzgerald, Thomas off the top of my head. There are also teams like the Seahawks who have had multiple really good WR's like Baldwin and Lockett. Also we can't really narrow it down to just Superbowl winner because Patriots have pretty much owned that for along time now.

How about teams with elite receivers who make it to Championship games?

Lockett and Fitzgerald don’t have a Super Bowl sin. Rice and Irvin played in different eras. Baldwin isn’t elite, which is what we are discussing

You lose. NEXT!