Do not re-sign Zeke

Creeper

Reaction score
A lot of crazy talk, but I never believed a RB was worth the 4th pick in the draft. I'd rather take offensive and defensive line any day. Nothing against Zeke, but a RB like Zeke is a luxury. He is not going to win games like the game tonight. An offensive line that blows people off the LOS is going to win those games. A DL that cannot be blown out of the holes wins games. We had a great running game with DeMarco Murray. What round was he taken?

I would not sign Zeke for a huge contract. My guess is he will want to break the bank. But the Cowboys have so many other players they need to sign in the future. I'd be careful with how much I commit to Zeke.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Rams are paying their RB $15 million a year. Based on tonight, I'd say they're doing fine...

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Skill players are easily replaceable. Can you folks stop thinking this is the 90s?

How have the Chiefs looked since Hunt left? Think Rams would have missed a beat tonight without Gurley?

Yeah. RB's who lead the league in rushing are easily replaceable. What was I thinking?

dwreck27

Reaction score
And not being able to run against a terrible run D isn’t a major issue?

Whelp you cut their possession time in half and give your offense a chance to run if you can stop their run

One directly influences the other... I’m sorry

Stop the run and run the ball is a winning recipe

aria

Reaction score
He’s mediocre without the O line but no one wants to admit that. This team was only successful due to drafting high with the O line.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Whelp you cut their possession time in half and give your offense a chance to run if you can stop their run

One directly influences the other... I’m sorry

Stop the run and run the ball is a winning recipe

...you could dominate the TOP as well if you get the running game going.

Again, why wasn’t our MVP back able to do this?

aria

Reaction score
He had no blocking tonight. Zeke was hit at the LOS almost every time he touched the ball.
Oh, you mean like Barkley all season?! I love how when Zeke gets yards it’s all because how great he is but when he sucks it’s because of the O line. Fascinating.

dwreck27

Reaction score
...you could dominate the TOP as well if you get the running game going.

Again, why wasn’t our MVP back able to do this?

Starts up front... they got dominated against Suh and Donald

Heard of them? Their pretty damn good

If we were going to win this game it was limiting rams possessions and letting our run game slowly blossom like it did against the Seahawks:.. remember we didn’t dominate the 1st half running wise till the 2nd half

pupulehaole

Reaction score
A complete no show. Pathetic performance. Dak's TD run was more impressive than any of Zeke's runs.
Yah that Oline was opening so many holes for zeke and he was just missing them all... jk you're stupid.;

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Starts up front... they got dominated against Suh and Donald

Heard of them? Their pretty damn good

If we were going to win this game it was limiting rams possessions and letting our run game slowly blossom like it did against the Seahawks:.. remember we didn’t dominate the 1st half running wise till the 2nd half

So the only way our “MVP RB”, our top 5 back can dominate a bad run defense is if he has a great offensive line?

And Suh and Donald helped give up 5.1 a rush this season.

You’re supporting my argument.

leicafan

Reaction score
Cowboys loss is painful. Seeing the dumb posts is even more painful.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I don’t think you dump Zeke because of one game. But I do think it’s a legitimate question of whether you pay a position that will likely decline and maybe by a lot during that 2nd contract.