Do not resign Dak

texfromwilburtown

Reaction score
2 things are a given
We are not going to win with Garrett --- this clown has gotta go
Same said for Dak -- can't throw a deep ball -- so why do we have deep threats (cooper & gallop)
Seriously do what it takes and bring back Romo

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He completed passes down field when he needed and used his legs to win the game.
We could have won this game if we had a quarterback who could efficiently and effectively lead a passing-attack offense.
We simply couldn't match the Rams scoring and put defense got tired.

He completed barely 50% of his throws. What sunk the ship last night was our defense giving up 273 rushing yards.........new cowboy playoff record.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Then why do the numbers show that he was a top 10 QB this year since we got Cooper?

Why is he one of the most clutch QBs in football?

pB43k.jpg

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't agree with this post. As for those people who say "we'll always win tough games because we have Zeke," well..... so much for that. Not saying it's on him though - the offensive line was just no match for that all-Pro Rams defensive line.

The only reason we were even in this game is because of Dak. I mean... who else apart from the receivers which Dak threw to would you say had a great game?

well excluding the receivers from having a great day isn't fair since I only think Gallup and Coop had a great day. Dak had way too many over and under thrown balls to Gallup and Coop, with troy mentioning it on TV, for me to think Dak played good. We might of won if Dak had made those.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
2 things are a given
Same said for Dak -- can't throw a deep ball -- so why do we have deep threats (cooper & gallop)

Check on Garrett. Foolish as it may seem, I still got some hope for Dak.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Just like **** Germany......ban all the non-believers of the Dak....ya man why dont you spend some money and contribute to the site and become a zone supporter ....put your money where your mouth is???
Nah all you Dak-Loves support only Dak I guess....
picard-borg-640x353.jpg

Join the Dak Collective...

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
At times last night dak looked like a 7th grade qb.

They begged him To throw

Sure the d was bad but a guy with talent would have
Destroyed that team throwing. These are the games dak will never win. When defense is going to have a down game you cant count on this scrub.

Dak means no superbowl for a decade

You mean like when the Defense was horrible vs the Eagles and against the Giants?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I'm not a fan but I do think he can win..........just not in this offense which is trying too hard to make him into a pocket passer. He needs to move and not be afraid to run for 4 yards on 3rd down.
Even if you say not in this offense which I'll even agree with what kind of offense are we going to need for a non accurate QB to thrive in? I guess one with nothing but short passes but he has a lot of checkdowns now so I don't know what kind of scheme can work for an avg inaccurate QB. If you have an idea I'm open to genuinely listen but I don't think inaccurate running qb's like Dak can make it tbh esp if this guy doesn't always run when he should like he's a pure pocket passer.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I have been as hard on Dak as anyone but I think to not resign him is premature at best. Dak has not had a good QB coach to help him develop and for him to accomplish what he has without a real mentor is worth trying to develop him. Dak is not the problem.
Man get the heck out of here with this QB coach bs. This guy has been in the league 3yrs and has offseason a to work on his game and we are still getting the same junk problems from his pre draft scouting report? Y'all just aren't being logical on this that guy is who he is throwing wise. Dak definitely is one of the main problems but most people are just happy that Dak isn't Weeden bad so they excuse a lot of junk play from him. The second we do Dak like his football twin Alex Smith and get an even better QB you'll see the difference in play. Right now I really understand how some can't see it but when we get a better more accurate QB you'll see.

conner01

Reaction score
OP is just one in a line of irrational Dak haters.

The rest will be here any second.
I’m not a huge Dak fan but Dak actually played a solid game to me
The problem was we couldn’t stop them

blueblood70

Reaction score
2 things are a given
Romo?lmao I hope you mean as an OC or QB coach or something not as QB hes done its over move on..they arent getting g rid of garett or Dak now if they want to bring in backup QB for competition fine but Dak a hasn't been the issue the last 4-5 weeks hes improved and hes actually played well all 3 Playoff games and lost because of poor defense..lets switch to hating the defense for one the Dak hate is ridiculous already..

cant throw the deep ball there's been about 4 pof late that were dimes..did you not watch the game Gallop was hit on that long one in the 3rd quarter..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m not a huge Dak fan but Dak actually played a solid game to me
The problem was we couldn’t stop them
couldn't stop the rams from running for 277 and holding the ball playing keep away..all true, all the hate for Garett and Dak the first half of the year were very valid, but recently this isn't on Dak thats for sure..

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Dak needs to fix the problem of missing wide open receivers. There are at least four or five passes each game where he overthrows someone or throws behind them. Fix that and the outcomes of these games would be different.
not sure that can be fixed

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Tough game. Defense didn't play well, but that was a given.. Thye played a very good offense and all things considered fought hard. held them to field goals...

End of the day, the game was there to be won. They dared dak to win with his arm. With a more efficient QB we win this game.

This guy has so much more than most QB's the team has all the things in place to make noise except for ... DAK.. One of the best olines, one of the best RB's one of the best defenses, good wo's this guy can't win.. he's a scrub. Resigning him and loosing out on other more important players that we should resign will be imprending mediocracy for this franchise for more years to come. He is the issue.

Your hatred for Prescott has colored your vision severely. The Cowboys defense since week 10 has played very good with the exception of the colts game, but yesterday the defense gave up 273 rushing yards, which is now a NFL playoff record and the most yards the Cowboys gave up in a single game, 30 points, allowed the rams to convert 3rd downs 45% and let the rams keep possession for 36 min compared to just 24 for the Cowboys. Also you see this O-line as the 2016 line and it's not. It had gotten better as the season progressed but it was not that dominating line of 2016. The Cowboys had a single consistent receiver all year, Beasley who plays the slot and didn't get Cooper until the trade deadline and Gallup as a rookie didn't start to become anywhere close to consistent until Cooper got here. Now yesterday Prescott completed 66% of his passes, both threw and ran for TD's, Elliott only got 47 yards on 20 caries for a lack luster 2.4 yards per carry. And with all of that you claim it's all on Prescott and to not extend him. Most of the sports world immediately after the game have said that the DEFENSE was the major let down and didn't play like it has for the past 8 weeks. Luckily for Prescott Jones had already before yesterday's game decided to extend Prescott and rightfully should. Your hatred has blinded you to the truth and you're the one that's going to have to suffer for it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Gonna have to agree to disagree. This is an offensive league. There are times where the D no matter how good it is, is going to give up points. This game should've and wouldve been won if we had a half way competent QB.. period.

Again your hatred has blinded you and you just don't, no pun, you don't see it. Person of little knowledge, giving up 273 yards rushing means the clock is always running and the other team is moving up and down the field. Yesterday the Cowboys defense forced only a SINGLE punt and ZERO 3 and out. The rams scored points on every possession except one. In this offensive league the Cowboys defense when ti was playing good held one of the best high powered scoring offenses to TEN points, the saints. The saints had 10 games with 30 or more points, 6 of them with 40 or more and 1 with 51 points. So don't whine that it's a offensive league and defense no matter how good it is is going to give up points because this Cowboys defense in that game proved that statement wrong. It is more than obvious that your hatred of Prescott keeps you from seeing what really happened.