Do not resign Dak

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I stand by my view that if the Defense could have limited the run and hit/sacked/pressured Goff, how Goff would have folded under the pressure and throw INTs and not be able to sustain drives without a running game to help him out. I still say Dak can handle pressure better than Goff can, even if he missed some throws, Dak still pulled the game to within 8.
WE were playing one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history yesterday, they averaged 33 points a game this season and scored 30 or more 14 times, who in here believed they weren't going to put 30 on us? If anything we held them to 3 points under their seasonal average. The problem was we have an enemic offense that averaged a 21 points a game this season, they had to play way above their heads in order to keep up with the Rams and they couldn't, it's really that simple, heck if we hold that Rams to 27 we lose if we hold them to 24 we still lose all exceptable numbers against that offense. We were never going to win this game without a bunch of turnovers from our D or special teams. The only way we were really going to win this game was by winning a shootout. Raise your hand if you think our offense could have really won a shootout against the Rams? We had 3 three and outs in the game and were 1 for 10 on 3rd downs. The defense didn't play their best and unfortunately for our team we need to win all 3 aspects of the game in order to win a game against real good teams, who can usually do it by winning 2 out of 3 but for us everything has to be perfect in order for our enemic offense to succeed

CWR

Reaction score
More than a selected few who dare to go against you Dak-Bully's who are trying to make this site the DAK-ZONE.....

Youre the one trying to make it the Dak zone. Its like diarrhea of your keyboard and you just cant stop. Its all guys like you bring to this board.

DaleMc

Reaction score
I have been as hard on Dak as anyone but I think to not resign him is premature at best. Dak has not had a good QB coach to help him develop and for him to accomplish what he has without a real mentor is worth trying to develop him. Dak is not the problem.

black label

Reaction score
At times last night dak looked like a 7th grade qb.

They begged him To throw

Sure the d was bad but a guy with talent would have
Destroyed that team throwing. These are the games dak will never win. When defense is going to have a down game you cant count on this scrub.

Dak means no superbowl for a decade

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tough game. Defense didn't play well, but that was a given.. Thye played a very good offense and all things considered fought hard. held them to field goals...

End of the day, the game was there to be won. They dared dak to win with his arm. With a more efficient QB we win this game.

This guy has so much more than most QB's the team has all the things in place to make noise except for ... DAK.. One of the best olines, one of the best RB's one of the best defenses, good wo's this guy can't win.. he's a scrub. Resigning him and loosing out on other more important players that we should resign will be imprending mediocracy for this franchise for more years to come. He is the issue.
no way bro, this was on the defense 17 point 3rd qurter 2 100 yard rushers , dak played well..not great but you cant catch up when the others team owns the TOP and just kicked our teeth in at our own game..they ran at will..the number one priority in game is to stop the run and they didnt even slow it down.. Mcvay made Ricard and Marinelli look like hs coaches..he flipped the script on their regular game plans and put our into action and owned that defense..no team that give sup 17 points in one qtr deserves any credit..those FG drives were long and took snas away from our offense..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did you even watch this game?

Yea letting a team run for nearly 300 yards is one of the best defenses
right this dude has extra hate today on Dak , the defense was HORRIBLE, period end of story..we lost by 8 but gave up 277 yards on the ground lost TOP and never got the ball back enough for our offense to score again..

cguy610

Reaction score
At times last night dak looked like a 7th grade qb.

They begged him To throw

Sure the d was bad but a guy with talent would have
Destroyed that team throwing. These are the games dak will never win. When defense is going to have a down game you cant count on this scrub.

Dak means no superbowl for a decade

I guess Romo was a scrub since he didn't get past the divisional round. Dak has matched his playoff success in 3 years.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
WE were playing one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history yesterday, they averaged 33 points a game this season and scored 30 or more 14 times, who in here believed they weren't going to put 30 on us? If anything we held them to 3 points under their seasonal average. The problem was we have an enemic offense that averaged a 21 points a game this season, they had to play way above their heads in order to keep up with the Rams and they couldn't, it's really that simple, heck if we hold that Rams to 27 we lose if we hold them to 24 we still lose all exceptable numbers against that offense. We were never going to win this game without a bunch of turnovers from our D or special teams. The only way we were really going to win this game was by winning a shootout. Raise your hand if you think our offense could have really won a shootout against the Rams? We had 3 three and outs in the game and were 1 for 10 on 3rd downs. The defense didn't play their best and unfortunately for our team we need to win all 3 aspects of the game in order to win a game against real good teams, who can usually do it by winning 2 out of 3 but for us everything has to be perfect in order for our enemic offense to succeed

As I stated before, making an example out of the Bears Defense, if the Cowboys offense had gone against them and not scored more than 10 points, is it reasonable to say that their poor performance should be excused, because of the Bears having a great Defense and we shouldn't expect to put up many points against them? No, because I would have expected the offense to rise above and put up more then 10 points on the board. Despite how talented the Bears Defense is.

Just I expect the Cowboys Defense to step up and not allow the Rams offense to rush for nearly 300 yards, I expect the Dline not to get man handled, I expect the Defense to make the Rams punt the ball more than once. I didn't expect the D to be perfect against the Rams offense or to shut them completely down, that's unrealistic. Yet, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a better performance from the D than the one we got. The other team being good a certain parts, isn't an excuse. Because if that's the case, how can we rely on this team to win in the playoffs against teams with a strong offense or defense. What if we run into a team who is solid on both sides of the ball. What should be expect in that case?

Unless some using this logic, can honestly say that they wouldn't expect the offense to carry their load and step up against a good defense, then I don't see why we shouldn't have expected a better performance from our Defense. Just like a QB who was great in the regular season, is expected to play well in the playoffs. So should a defense who has played great in the regular season by expected to step up.

It can be pointed out, how the offense should have scored more points, how Dak should have made more throws and extend drives. But, the Defense doesn't get a free pass, just because the Rams offense is good. Don't care if there is a QB, who can win in a shootout. Look at Mahomes against the Rams, got 51 points in a shootout and still lost because of the Chiefs Defense giving up 54. The Chiefs Defense shouldn't get a pass, just based off of the Rams offense being good and the Cowboys Defense doesn't get a pass for only forcing one punt. Truly good teams, execute when they are needed to execute the most.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I have been as hard on Dak as anyone but I think to not resign him is premature at best. Dak has not had a good QB coach to help him develop and for him to accomplish what he has without a real mentor is worth trying to develop him. Dak is not the problem.
He has been up and down his career no need to re-sign him while he has a 4th year left on his deal (unless he tries to hold out and force your hand), that being said wouldn't you want to be 100% sure before giving him that 200m+ deal? For that kind of money i would like to see him again next season. Dak has had 51 starting games (including playoffs) in the NFL yet he still has bad pocket awareness ( he panics back there alot) and doesn't read defenses very well at some point a player has to take some of the blame himself

DaleMc

Reaction score
He has been up and down his career no need to re-sign him while he has a 4th year left on his deal (unless he tries to hold out and force your hand), that being said wouldn't you want to be 100% sure before giving him that 200m+ deal? For that kind of money i would like to see him again next season. Dak has had 51 starting games (including playoffs) in the NFL yet he still has bad pocket awareness ( he panics back there alot) and doesn't read defenses very well at some point a player has to take some of the blame himself

I don't disagree with you but every good QB has had some competent coaching in their early years, I don't think Dak has had that luxury, it is like he is learning under fire. I agree, don't extend him yet, bring in some good QB coaching and see how he handles it then make that decision.

Brax

Reaction score
I am not a Dak lover, but if you watched the game, you would have seen the blame is not on Dak. He missed two receivers badly, and Zeke wanted to punch him for missing him on that screen throw, but Goff also had at least three passes that were equally as bad as Dak's misses. The blame is on the defense here. If you want to criticize the offense, criticize the game planning and those 3 and outs.
Dak's inaccuracy through out the game cost the team greatly not sure what game you watched. I do not blame Dak he is wired that way, throws some great passes but just misses way to many easy throws and in this game was most likely the reason for the loss as he couldn't carry the team. . Wasn't clutch in fact he was mediocre, It seems the magic number the Defense can give up is 20 if Dak has a shot. No magic, no 4th quarter come back, no clutch just another mediocre game.. Next year may be even tougher on DC and Dak because they play a 1st place schedule and that doesn't bode well for Dak or JG., throw in JJ and who knows.

TD-40

Reaction score
Dak needs to fix the problem of missing wide open receivers. There are at least four or five passes each game where he overthrows someone or throws behind them. Fix that and the outcomes of these games would be different.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
As I stated before, making an example out of the Bears Defense, if the Cowboys offense had gone against them and not scored more than 10 points, is it reasonable to say that their poor performance should be excused, because of the Bears having a great Defense and we shouldn't expect to put up many points against them? No, because I would have expected the offense to rise above and put up more then 10 points on the board. Despite how talented the Bears Defense is.

Just I expect the Cowboys Defense to step up and not allow the Rams offense to rush for nearly 300 yards, I expect the Dline not to get man handled, I expect the Defense to make the Rams punt the ball more than once. I didn't expect the D to be perfect against the Rams offense or to shut them completely down, that's unrealistic. Yet, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a better performance from the D than the one we got. The other team being good a certain parts, isn't an excuse. Because if that's the case, how can we rely on this team to win in the playoffs against teams with a strong offense or defense. What if we run into a team who is solid on both sides of the ball. What should be expect in that case?

Unless some using this logic, can honestly say that they wouldn't expect the offense to carry their load and step up against a good defense, then I don't see why we shouldn't have expected a better performance from our Defense. Just like a QB who was great in the regular season, is expected to play well in the playoffs. So should a defense who has played great in the regular season by expected to step up.

It can be pointed out, how the offense should have scored more points, how Dak should have made more throws and extend drives. But, the Defense doesn't get a free pass, just because the Rams offense is good. Don't care if there is a QB, who can win in a shootout. Look at Mahomes against the Rams, got 51 points in a shootout and still lost because of the Chiefs Defense giving up 54. The Chiefs Defense shouldn't get a pass, just based off of the Rams defense being good and the Cowboys Defense doesn't get a pass for only forcing one punt. Truly good teams, execute when they are needed to execute the most.

Your right but don't assume if our D had stopped their run game that they wouldn't have passed their way to 30+ points that is why they are suck a prolific offense. If you put all your money going into this game on the fact that we needed to keep them under 24 points you would have been making a fools bet. ON the flip side we on offense were not playing a very good defense (as bared out by the season stats) yet against that kind of D our offense made them look like a top 10 D, why is that? We had three 3 and outs in this game and were 1 for 10 on 3rd downs. The D didin't play great but i fully expected the Rams to be able to put 30+ on us in this game no matter what, why? because that is what they did 14 times this season and yes the Bears held them to 6 on a cold day in Chicago in Mid Dec at a time when the Rams had already clinched everything, maybe if the game was in Dallas it might have been different but in LA how do not expect the Rams to put up a 30 burger on us? We were always going to have to win this game via a shootout, unfortunately our offense can't play that kind of game

landryscorner

Reaction score
Dak should get an extension and that's it. He should not get a large contract if he does then that's what's wrong with the NFL give rewards for failure. Dak should get what a one year QB gets for reaching the playoffs and that's it no more than that. If Jerry gives him a 100M contract with 20 m per year guaranteed I'm gonna PUKE.....PUKE!!

landryscorner

Reaction score
Dak's inaccuracy through out the game cost the team greatly not sure what game you watched. I do not blame Dak he is wired that way, throws some great passes but just misses way to many easy throws and in this game was most likely the reason for the loss as he couldn't carry the team. . Wasn't clutch in fact he was mediocre, It seems the magic number the Defense can give up is 20 if Dak has a shot. No magic, no 4th quarter come back, no clutch just another mediocre game.. Next year may be even tougher on DC and Dak because they play a 1st place schedule and that doesn't bode well for Dak or JG., throw in JJ and who knows.

Hence why he should not get singed long term.....how you gonna fix that? He has played since High School that way, he has played since college that way, and now he is playing in the NFL this way...how is the NFL going to make him more accurate?? not happening ...watching this young qb from the Chiefs is like night and day with his accurate throws.