Do people really believe there is a better option than Dak this year?

Swagger

Reaction score
Who says you have to give him a pass? Do you give a pass to Zeke, Lawrence, or the defense for those losses? Do you give a pass to Garrett for his horrid coaching?

There is no pass for losing to a team like the Jets. Or coming up horrid in the 2nd game against the Eagles.

I dont give one player or coach a pass in any of those games.
I gave Prescott a pass for the reasons provided as in there were mitigating circumstances.

I do not give him a pass when he should be getting it done.

We will see how Garrett gets on as OC at the Giants - it will be interesting.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's fair enough.
Conversely, what do I get in return for when it all goes south?

Things have been south for 25 years. You get laughed at by the rest of the league, just like the rest of us.

If we win a SB it will be a reflection of the difference in the coaching and defense more than the offense. The offense, overall has been the strength of the team since 2016. Actually, all the way back to Romo and Murray.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We should post what the scouts said about Brady. Good thing they are the letter of the law. Someone posted his scouting report here. I’d love for you to read it.

Scouts can be wrong, just as stats can be wrong, just looks at elections that have been won when polling suggested those politicians should've lost. That doesn't mean that scouts or polls aren't useful things and usually accurate.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I do not hate him. As I have stated before, I do not think anyone on this forum hates Dak Prescott. I do not even know the guy.

I have merely questioned his value to the team and have highlighted as such on this forum.

The real culprit is Uncle Jerry. His perfect plan, all eggs in one basket, to win the Super Bowl failed. Now the bills are due and there are decisions to make that wouldn't matter, or wouldn't be decisions, had he won the Super Bowl.

We would be happily rebuilding for the next one.

Pay no attention to the posters wearing their crying pants. They are easily identified by their posts, screaming, "We're going to sign blah, blah, and blah," as if they had any say in what insanity lies ahead.

Jerry is your enemy!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can say anything you want. Your posting history is there. When you hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, say he is average, hate, hate, hate, hated, hate, hate...you can’t just point to the time when you said something neutral and act as if that is normal position.

And then you are a big Romo fan. So, you can criticize Dak’s performances and his value going forward, and can highlight when Dak came up short against Philly but I bet if we got into a discussion about how Romo came up short in many elimination games you would have a bunch of ammunition ready to defend him.

Cmon, we know exactly how these trolls work. If we win a SB, (which I find still unlikely for this team), they will just point to how much Dak needed everything perfect around him to actually win one. They will claim that half the QB's in the league could have won the SB with that team.

Swagger

Reaction score
Things have been south for 25 years. You get laughed at by the rest of the league, just like the rest of us.

If we win a SB it will be a reflection of the difference in the coaching and defense more than the offense. The offense, overall has been the strength of the team since 2016. Actually, all the way back to Romo and Murray.
In terms of last season how did the offense get on against teams that weren't the Giants, Commanders or the Dolphins...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The real culprit is Uncle Jerry. His perfect plan, all eggs in one basket, to win the Super Bowl failed. Now the bills are due and there are decisions to make that wouldn't matter, or wouldn't be decisions, had he won the Super Bowl.

We would be happily rebuilding for the next one.

Pay no attention to the posters wearing their crying pants. They are easily identified by their posts, screaming, "We're going to sign blah, blah, and blah," as if they had any say in what insanity lies ahead.

Jerry is your enemy!

Bills are due and we have plenty of space to sign them all and then some. We have even more space in 2021.

Swagger

Reaction score
I don't see how we even get out of the division unless we scrape in via a Wild Card then we will just get owned in the post season away to a strong team any way.

The Eagles won the division last season with guys off the street.

Will the second hand car salesman hot dog stall man McCarthy, paying Prescott elite money and losing our best defender push us over the hump?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Cmon, we know exactly how these trolls work. If we win a SB, (which I find still unlikely for this team), they will just point to how much Dak needed everything perfect around him to actually win one. They will claim that half the QB's in the league could have won the SB with that team.

To be fair, the argument that Dak needs a perfect team around him was started by the homers when they came up with excuses. The haters just picked up on it and used their same arguments against them.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
To be fair, the argument that Dak needs a perfect team around him was started by the homers when they came up with excuses. The haters just picked up on it and used their same arguments against them.
We had the same arguments with Romo, too. Every criticism of Dak was made of Romo.

Swagger

Reaction score
At least Prescott has some talent and I respect any guy that actually makes it to the NFL whereas McCarthy would be putting extra mustard on your hot dog if Aaron Rodgers didn't fall in his lap.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In terms of last season how did the offense get on against teams that weren't the Giants, Commanders or the Dolphins...

Which games specifically are you talking about?

If your talking about in Chicago, at New England in the rain then I would say like most other offenses.......Not so good.

They looked very good against the Rams in a must win game. Looked great against the Eagles in the first game.

To me the Jets and Philly 2nd game were the two worst performances given the level of competition.

The New Orleans loss looked really bad when it happened. But then we saw that the Saints had a good defense and their backup QB didn't lose to anyone.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
At least Prescott has some talent and I respect any guy that actually makes it to the NFL whereas McCarthy would be putting extra mustard on your hot dog if Aaron Rodgers didn't fall in his lap.

So now you dont like the new HC either? Do you at least like him better than Garrett?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

No Dak fan has EVER said he needed a perfect team around him. That was simply what trolls said when tried to explain that QB's need help. Cant do it on their own.

Guys like you have to exaggerate to make a point it seems.

Wilson is the ONLY great example of a QB that doesn;'t have GREAT players or coaches all around him. I havent heard a good example of anyone else by the trolls. But ironically, the ONLY time Wilson has sniffed a SB or won was when he had a perfect team around him.

Even the great Mahomes is surrounded by some of the best offensive players in the NFL and historically one of the best offensive minds of our age.

Brady had the #1 defense in the NFL to fall back on last year and struggled with marginal weapons and a below average Oline.

Swagger

Reaction score
Which games specifically are you talking about?

If your talking about in Chicago, at New England in the rain then I would say like most other offenses.......Not so good.

They looked very good against the Rams in a must win game. Looked great against the Eagles in the first game.

To me the Jets and Philly 2nd game were the two worst performances given the level of competition.

The New Orleans loss looked really bad when it happened. But then we saw that the Saints had a good defense and their backup QB didn't lose to anyone.

Well you are probably fishing (and fair play you have reeled me in) but to go through this again...

Saints most definitely - first game for Teddy Bridgewater with a fairly closed play book, nine teams put 24+ points on that Saints defense during the regular season including the 49ers who put 48 points on them. Our offense and QB produced a paltry 10 points. Yep 10 points.
Green Bay - 3 interceptions by Prescott, not all on him but they were on the offense. 14 points scored in garbage time. Offense gave us no chance in a mistake riddled game.
Jets - come on man.
Buffalo Bills - The BIlls had a good D but we didn't put them away after a good start. 15 points at home not good enough.
Bears - well beaten, similar to the Green Bay game with late garbage time points to massage those stats baby.
Eagles (second time around as you state) - worst of the lot for me. Dropped catches by receivers and Prescott had a very poor game when all we needed was a regulation, competent performance from our QB.

That's how you end up 8-8

Last edited:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We had the same arguments with Romo, too. Every criticism of Dak was made of Romo.

After Parcels left and took with him the whole scouting system, and we entered into another era of bad Jerry drafting, I don't think most of expected there to be any good draft picks to improve what was most needed on the team. For example, when the cowboys had one of the worst Offensive lines in the history of the team and NFL, were any of us surprised? I think most of us just accepted that was something that Romo had to play through. And yeah, some of us did point out things like no quarterback can be successful under that kind of offensive line. I think the difference here is that people started complaining about the offensive line here under dak, before it was anywhere as bad from what we had seen in the previous era. People started complaining about all aspects of the team, in an era where the drafting has been pretty solid, when the team in general still was pretty good. Are you saying that Dak has had it so bad that he has had to run for his life all the time because of the Offensive line? Yes, there are some of the same things that have been said, but I also don't think that Dak has had to play yet under very bad teams, and the longer he will be here, the more likely he will have to play under even less talented teams than we have now. Especially if he gets the full 40 million. Honestly, I think Dak is a good Quarterback, like Romo was a good Quarterback. Both were probably being wasted here, but Dak now has a chance with a better coach. I don't think he is worth $40 million though, because paying him that rate will insure that he will have to play under some very bad teams.

Swagger

Reaction score
So now you dont like the new HC either? Do you at least like him better than Garrett?
Difficult question.

I actually think Garrett could be a decent OC but he is just never a Head Coach. He doesn't have the personality, character or swagger to back it up before even getting into the game management and in game adjustments.

I do not rate McCarthy at all.

Tough call. I cannot stand either as a Head coach.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
After Parcels left and took with him the whole scouting system, and we entered into another era of bad Jerry drafting, I don't think most of expected there to be any good draft picks to improve what was most needed on the team. For example, when the cowboys had one of the worst Offensive lines in the history of the team and NFL, were any of us surprised? I think most of us just accepted that was something that Romo had to play through. And yeah, some of us did point out things like no quarterback can be successful under that kind of offensive line. I think the difference here is that people started complaining about the offensive line here under dak, before it was anywhere as bad from what we had seen in the previous era. People started complaining about all aspects of the team, in an era where the drafting has been pretty solid, when the team in general still was pretty good. Are you saying that Dak has had it so bad that he has had to run for his life all the time because of the Offensive line? Yes, there are some of the same things that have been said, but I also don't think that Dak has had to play yet under very bad teams, and the longer he will be here, the more likely he will have to play under even less talented teams than we have now. Especially if he gets the full 40 million. Honestly, I think Dak is a good Quarterback, like Romo was a good Quarterback. Both were probably being wasted here, but Dak now has a chance with a better coach. I don't think he is worth $40 million though, because paying him that rate will insure that he will have to play under some very bad teams.
I am saying we had the same arguments.

Holding the ball too long.
Not throwing deep.
Fumbling too much
Making bad decisions
Missing open receivers
Hanging his receivers out to dry
Not winning big games
Garbage time stats
Not worth the money
Etc, etc, etc.

There was a large portion of the fanbase that despised everything about Romo, including nonsense about golf, Cabo, backwards hats and were convinced the Cowboys would not and could not win with Romo as the QB. They clamored for every Brady Quinn-like QB in the draft or Michael Vick-like free agent. Any QB to replace the QB who would never be able to win.

Nothing is different, just which side of the argument people choose to be on for this QB.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
No Dak fan has EVER said he needed a perfect team around him. That was simply what trolls said when tried to explain that QB's need help. Cant do it on their own.

That's how people take it when dak fans make excuses and start throwing every player on the team under the bus except their quarterback in an effort to shift the blame away from him. Dak fans blamed the offensive line, when the offensive line was far from being bad and people still had memories of one of the worst offensive lines in history. Dak fans blamed Zeke when he was the top running back for that seasons. Dak fans blamed the Defense and so on and so on. The reality is: you hardly ever have a perfect team in today's NFL, and the quarterback just needs to play through it. Anyway, many people who weren't wearing the Dak-shaped glasses equated all the blame shifting, since it seemed that Dak fans were blaming everyone else on the team not named Dak, as them saying that Dak needs a perfect team to win. The homers seems to be incapable of giving any blame to Dak. I'm a romo fan, and he had plenty of faults just like anybody else on the team. When a team loses a game, I feel every single player usually deserves part of the blame. And even when I feel like a player was not responsible for a loss, I'm not going to praise him after a loss.

Guys like you have to exaggerate to make a point it seems.

Exaggeration such a proclaiming someone to be clutch just after a couple of seasons with little sample size to back it up?