Do people really believe there is a better option than Dak this year?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Another strawman. That is not, and never has been my argument. I've made that VERY clear. The only time I mention it is when you try and say he (going back to the QBs win idea) can't win, even though he was the starter on a more successful team than Dak has ever been on.
"he has been more successful starter on more successful team than dak has ever been"....hmmm, you do know prior to 2017, he never started 16 games prior to going to Minn? and the next year he went 6-10 as a 16 game starter for Denver....and the year in minn is the only year in his career he had winning record of any significance....right? you do realize you can't just make stuff up as you go along because you are trying to win an argument that you lost 5 pages ago....this is not your Madden football league, this is the real NFL....so reality, facts totally dispute your made up fantasy on Keenum. you do realize that Dak has never had a losing season.... right? you know all of that...just trying to make sure you are not basing this off of your Madden made up league and stats.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
"he has been more successful starter on more successful team than dak has ever been"....hmmm, you do know prior to 2017, he never started 16 games prior to going to Minn? and the next year he went 6-10 as a 16 game starter for Denver....and the year in minn is the only year in his career he had winning record of any significance....right? you do realize you can't just make stuff up as you go along because you are trying to win an argument that you lost 5 pages ago....this is not your Madden football league, this is the real NFL....so reality, facts totally dispute your made up fantasy on Keenum. you do realize that Dak has never had a losing season.... right? you know all of that...just trying to make sure you are not basing this off of your Madden made up league and stats.

I mean, seriously, Dude. You can't even quote me right. No wonder you have zero comprehension of the arguments being made.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I mean, seriously, Dude. You can't even quote me right. No wonder you have zero comprehension of the arguments being made.
doesn't change the fact that you think Keenum is a better QB than Dak… does it? does it matter? you are diverting.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
doesn't change the fact that you think Keenum is a better QB than Dak… does it? does it matter? you are diverting.
That is not a fact. This isn't that hard.

I have never diverted. You keep twisting and using strawman arguments. A discussion is not possible when you do that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That is not a fact. This isn't that hard.

I have never diverted. You keep twisting and using strawman arguments. A discussion is not possible when you do that.
Sorry dude. 99.9999999% of people know Dak is better than.keenum. the 0.00000001% is you, leeblair (perhaps you are leeblair) and some other dude on this thread.....

And speaking of strawman arguments...you should read your responses....that's what they use to teach strawman arguments....

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Sorry dude. 99.9999999% of people know Dak is better than.keenum. the 0.00000001% is you, leeblair (perhaps you are leeblair) and some other dude on this thread.....

And speaking of strawman arguments...you should read your responses....that's what they use to teach strawman arguments....
Commit a logical fallacy in one paragraph, lecture someone about a different one in the next... this has to be pretty high on the unintentionally hilarious post list.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

You keep saying things that are factually wrong in the middle of multiple logical fallacies.

Fact: I don't hold the belief Keenum is better than Dak and never implied he was.

Fact: You have repeatedly stated this falsehood, despite me repratedly telling you it was false.

Fact: You have repeatedly mischaracterized, distorted, and flat out made up arguments from other people and tried to argue against those instead of what was actually stated. And, even then you did a poor job of it.

csirl

Reaction score
You love your logical fallacies don't you?
Because "the NFL" is always right, and random fans are always wrong.
That's not an argument.

Also Dak has never been on the market. Its quite possible that other NFL teams dont value him as much as some Cowboys fans do. If he isnt signed by the Cowboys we could easily see him drifting from team to team ala Keenum or alternatively fading out of the league ala the likes of Freeman.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak is 1-7 against playoff teams . With more interceptions than touchdowns . It can’t all be blamed on jason

Actually 2-6. He was 8-8 against playoff teams going in to last season. Then 2-6. I did not count the last game of 2016. And I did count that BS last game of 2017. Those 8-8s just keep on popping up.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Some people would argue he is. And this is more to do with thinking Dak is a JAG rather than Keenum is a world beater.
Bingo! Thats what these people dont seem to get. You take both QBs and you would be splitting hairs trying to argue which one is better. But with Keenum getting 7 mil to start vs Dak getting 35 mil to start should answer the question.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Bingo! Thats what these people dont seem to get. You take both QBs and you would be splitting hairs trying to argue which one is better. But with Keenum getting 7 mil to start vs Dak getting 35 mil to start should answer the question.
Dak just made $2 million. We shouldn’t pay Keenum any more than that. $7 million is $5 million too much. And then he better damn near lead the league in passing for that $2 million and Zeke better not face a stacked box. Every pass should be perfect.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You keep saying things that are factually wrong in the middle of multiple logical fallacies.

Fact: I don't hold the belief Keenum is better than Dak and never implied he was.

Fact: You have repeatedly stated this falsehood, despite me repratedly telling you it was false.

Fact: You have repeatedly mischaracterized, distorted, and flat out made up arguments from other people and tried to argue against those instead of what was actually stated. And, even then you did a poor job of it.
Which goes back to one of the original points of debate.

You don't think keenum is better than Dak, yet you want keenum...your argument is he is cheaper, but cheaper is not better as you just said. Yet you didn't provide any other arguments why paying Dak would not enable us signing other players which is the Crux of your argument that signing Dak wouldn't allow us to get enough resources to be successful nor what is the long term solution if keenum is not the answer, given u said he is not...

Which goes back to the original statement I made. You just don't want to sign Dak. You don't have any other answers nor feel confident that any other answer aka keenum would make this team better. You just want to save some mo ey on the cap because some mysterious FA would make this team better...although the QB position which is the most critical position on offense is lesser with keenum.than Dak.

morat1959

Reaction score
Dak is 1-7 against playoff teams . With more interceptions than touchdowns . It can’t all be blamed on jason
This doesn’t matter. He threw for 4000 plus yards and 30 TDs. Never mind it was against bad teams or garbage time. Those fantasy numbers look great.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This doesn’t matter. He threw for 4000 plus yards and 30 TDs. Never mind it was against bad teams or garbage time. Those fantasy numbers look great.
It made people think his predecessor was great.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Which goes back to one of the original points of debate.

You don't think keenum is better than Dak, yet you want keenum...your argument is he is cheaper, but cheaper is not better as you just said. Yet you didn't provide any other arguments why paying Dak would not enable us signing other players which is the Crux of your argument that signing Dak wouldn't allow us to get enough resources to be successful nor what is the long term solution if keenum is not the answer, given u said he is not...

Which goes back to the original statement I made. You just don't want to sign Dak. You don't have any other answers nor feel confident that any other answer aka keenum would make this team better. You just want to save some mo ey on the cap because some mysterious FA would make this team better...although the QB position which is the most critical position on offense is lesser with keenum.than Dak.
Math is hard for you isn't it?

If one player costs 35M, and another is 10M and you think you can get relatively similar production, it's a no brainer you get the 10M guy. In what world does 25M in cap space not allow you improve the rest of your team significantly? We were 8-8 with a 2M (or whatever) salary. Now we are pretty much guaranteed to no be able to field all the good players from last year, let alone bring in more to improve.

The long term solution is 99/100 drafting the right guy. On rare occassion, you may be able to trade for one, and even rarer they become a FA.

Last edited: