Do people really believe there is a better option than Dak this year?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I understand you don't want to increase the cost but it's here nor there. Cost is going to increase either way, unless your plan is to draft a QB in the later rounds and either start that guy or bring in a QB that you can pay 2 mil to.

Understand, your opinion of Keenum is not everybodies opinion. So to say you don't want to pay for a crappy QB is not accepted in all corners.

You want to pay Dak what? Lets start there.
I want to draft a QB and pay him peanuts. Let's start there. And I don't care if my opinion of Keenum is "accepted". I am my own dog capable of my own thoughts without pressure of others to accept or agree with them.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I want to draft a QB and pay him peanuts. Let's start there.

OK, so you don't want to tell us what you are willing to pay Dak. Can we then conclude that you just want to move on from Dak?

If you want to pay a QB something on the level of Dak's salary, you are basically saying that you want to take a QB in the 2nd round and then you want him to be are starter, is that correct?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Page 42. Sweet. One day I’ll start a thread that hits 42

Unless there's nekkid wimmins in it, not bloody likely.

However, if you break the news of Dak signing his contract here you might have something significant. Although all the hand-wringers that are dead set at not paying him / moving on from him will then be here saying it was a good deal for the team so they don't have to reverse themselves. So unless you can create some friction by feigning to be a Jerry lover or something, even that thread might not get that far.

Hadenough

Reaction score
:huh::facepalm: splitting hairs....Keenum is a bum nobody wants...but I guess winning the salary cap battle is what your championships are about.....in the mean time I would like a superbowl trophy not a math sheet trophy
Keenum outplayed Dak when he was with the Vikings. Keenum went to Denver and lost all his WRs to injury and still put up comparable numbers to Dak. Denver got worse when they brought in Flacco. This isnt about how good Keenum is though. It's more about Dak isnt anything special. Heck! Keenum never had a RB like Zeke.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
OK, so you don't want to tell us what you are willing to pay Dak. Can we then conclude that you just want to move on from Dak?

If you want to pay a QB something on the level of Dak's salary, you are basically saying that you want to take a QB in the 2nd round and then you want him to be are starter, is that correct?
Yes, let's draft a QB and keep that cost low.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yes, let's draft a QB and keep that cost low.

OK. Well, we don't agree 100%. I do agree that we should draft a young QB but not to start him immediately.

I would still rather sign Dak to a good deal for both sides. That's my first and best option.

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm sure paying Dakota 20% of the teams salary cap will, in no way, shape or form hamper us from shoring up special teams and defense. Makes sense to me

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure paying Dakota 20% of the teams salary cap will, in no way, shape or form hamper us from shoring up special teams and defense. Makes sense to me

I think its been proven over and over that the more you pay your Qb, the more team success. The important thing is that you allow your QB to feel respected.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think its been proven over and over that the more you pay your Qb, the more team success. The important thing is that you allow your QB to feel respected.

I hope you are being facetious here. I strongly suspect that if you looked it up you would find that the highest paid QB in the league has probably won the Super Bowl maybe once or twice. Maybe Manning in Indy? And I'm not 100% sure about him. Any others?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope you are being facetious here. I strongly suspect that if you looked it up you would find that the highest paid QB in the league has probably won the Super Bowl maybe once or twice. Maybe Manning in Indy? And I'm not 100% sure about him. Any others?

:grin:

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I should add that I am talking about during the Salary Cap era.

garyo1954

Reaction score
With Zeke forcing teams to put 9 men in the box every down, someone is bound to be open. When is Stephen's son available to suit up?

John Stephen just finished his first year as Arkansas QB (Freshmen in 2019).
His daughter Charlotte's son, Paxton Anderson, just signed with Texas as a TE/WR (Freshmen in 2020).

In about 3 years, we can grab our QB and a TE who also will be third generation owners! Only in the Kingdom of Jerry could this happen.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Keenum outplayed Dak when he was with the Vikings. Keenum went to Denver and lost all his WRs to injury and still put up comparable numbers to Dak. Denver got worse when they brought in Flacco. This isnt about how good Keenum is though. It's more about Dak isnt anything special. Heck! Keenum never had a RB like Zeke.
how did Keenum outplay dak when he was with the Vikings?

and in the end you say this is not about Keenum, yet you want keenum? but then switching this to being about Dak? Dak never had a defense like the Minn. defense neither.... I put more value to a great dominating defense than a running game...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
how did Keenum outplay dak when he was with the Vikings?

and in the end you say this is not about Keenum, yet you want keenum? but then switching this to being about Dak? Dak never had a defense like the Minn. defense neither.... I put more value to a great dominating defense than a running game...

It seems pointless to be to argue with someone who claims that Keenum has "outplayed Dak" at any point in their respective careers. I went and looked up the numbers.. Keenum's best season, the one in Minnesota, would rank no better than a virtual tie for third among Dak's 4 seasons and Dak's worst season is better than all but two of Keenum's 8. Like it or not people are going to have to accept that Dak is no worse than a top 10 QB in the NFL and {my favorite journeyman} is not going to be better than him. People also need to recognize that Dak's arrow is pointed up. QBs who work as hard at it as he does continue to improve until their mid-to-late 30's. I suspect that if you give Dak a defense that can make a stop and maybe get a turnover once in a while so he is not under pressure to put up 30 points or lose we will be fine.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think you will find that telling people what they need to do on this board will be an all day job for you. Of course, they are your hours to spend.

I wish you luck.