Do some Cowboys fans really think one-and-done is the same as missing the playoffs?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
That's disturbingly HILARIOUS,,, also,cause " I's gots to know " is your SECRETARY SEXUALLY ATTRACTIVE?,,, I mean smouldering ,smoking Hottie, ,,if not,,, fer' a mere $32.47 ( Cash, in advance, Friend) my worldly renowned 7 insight steps to overly exemplify yer' Secretary's intriguing Sexualized Services can be expressly dispatched to yer' most needful location,,,o_O

(
just putting it out there, Bro, ya know?:))

Are you this guy???

pimp.jpg

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Are you this guy???

pimp.jpg
:lmao2: yer' a pretty cool fellow member & I do enjoy reading yer' input& the fellowship of fandom,,, but,,, I wear gray trousers & only need to thumb out but a single button to engage " Slick Willie" mode,,,;)

you're post cracks me up bro!:lmao:
:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
2 Postseason wins is a success for me, especially since our division is garbage...

JustChip

Reaction score
I think the sentiment is born from fatigue... watching a team choke at clutch moments and fail to deliver postseason success.

I believe the line of thinking is “why get your hopes us only to face inevitable disappointment?”

IMO— winning the division only positions you to have a chance to win in the playoffs. The postseason is a brand new season. Everyone is 0-0 again and has a chance to win the trophy.

So yes, failing to even get into the playoffs is a worse season than one and done. But the pain and frustration of one and done is more painful to experience than the failure of 8-8.

Except that was the sentiment around here in the late 60s through 1971. The team was known as chokers and next year's champion. They were 1 and done in 3 of the 4 years with the other year a SB loss in what many consider the sloppiest SB every played (by both teams). They finally broke through against a young, inexperienced Dolphin team, but then couldn't solve the Steelers in their 2 matchups. There was plenty of heart-ache to go around and no shortage of negative Nellie's then either.

They may be one and done this year, but I'm enjoying the ride and will be there on the 5th or 6th to scream deeeee-fense whenever the opponent is on offense. By this point in the season, I've got my vocal chords well conditioned.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every team has the same #1 goal, even NE that's done it 10 times in a row, win the division. There are others for certain teams like if NE doesn't make the AFCC game, the season is not realized. It is not lost, it is just that goal is not reached.

No East team has won back to back now in 14 years and you can bet that was Pederson's #1 goal when the season started, even though he's the defending SB HC.

I've never understood this SB or Bust mentality for a team that hasn't even sniffed the NFCC game in 23 years.

The Cowboys were 3-5 with forks sticking out their butts by most here and they ended up winning a very tough division race this season. They did it with more grit than grace and this is not a team of style. I do not think they have the offense to take them to the SB but I've been wrong before.

Who cares if they're one and done? That's one more game in the season than 10 other NFC teams, including the other 3 East teams. What the hell happened to the euphoria of watching our team play on that first playoff weekend and the Eagles, Giants and Skins fans not watching their teams play? They're DONE and I'll take one and done over that.

I am not one that believes anything can happen in the playoffs, that is exception not rule but I sure as hell enjoy thinking what could be, what might be, the possibilities of what might happen with a good defense and if we were DONE, that would not happen. Playoffs = possibilities.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is we haven't had a contender to win a Superbowl in 25 Years. We've had plenty of talent but the same boneheaded te formations and personnel groups on offense that can't beat a playoff caliber defense unless it's the Detroit Lions.

We have a much better team then Seattle and should win handily but we'll somehow let them stick around and the game will be decided by who plays the best on the last possession as always.