Do the Cowboys even have a plan?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah I mean I get it. The fan in me would do the same. But Jerry has to stop running this like a fan.

How do we let a CB that was so valuable, that he resets the market get away for nothing? While the Vikings trade Diggs for an entire draft?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I keep saying it, they have no plan lol it is just constant ad lib moves, and short term plans that they change on a whim.
They should be working closely with MM on what and who he wants or needs, who he doesnt want etc. but seems
like they are not even consulting him.
They buy the groceries, then MM has to cook something with them, that is how it works.
MM is a better cook than JG, but still this arrangement has limitations.

Jerry will always undermine.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do we let a CB that was so valuable, that he resets the market get away for nothing? While the Vikings trade Diggs for an entire draft?
One is a FA the other isn't.

And the Bills didn't give up their entire draft either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
One is a FA the other isn't.

And the Bills didn't give up their entire draft either.

Thats the point. Should have trade him before he became a FA. You try to negotiate for a renewal a year before they become a FA. If they want too much money or you know you arent going to sign them, then trade them for draft capital. Its what the patriots do. It works.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
featured_Overpay-for-Property.png

AbeBeta

Reaction score
What is the team building strategy of this franchise? Are we a defensive team, running team, passing team, what is the strategy? Its seems the FO just goes year to year with little thought about strategy or long term thinking.

We trade for Cooper and then he walks into FA. So was that a one year desperate move to try and win THAT year? Seams like the QB is entering his prime and the passing game is taking over and then they resign Zeke to a long term huge contract.

Aikman has commented that it doesnt seem like the franchise has a plan.

All these core guys they wait too long to sign them and when they we get nothing. Why not trade them before they become FA's?

Seems like our 2 biggest pieces are in place with a ton of cap space remaining.

Seems like the plan is playing out

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Show me the defensive plan. Like the cap space.

Lol. There's a ton of cap.

We had at least 80 mill going in, cleared space with automatic restructures in Zeke and Collins.

Dak eats 30ish and Coop maybe 12 in the 1st year.

You can sign several big deal with nearly 40 mill left

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol. There's a ton of cap.

We had at least 80 mill going in, cleared space with automatic restructures in Zeke and Collins.

Dak eats 30ish and Coop maybe 12 in the 1st year.

You can sign several big deal with nearly 40 mill left

I agree....great, lets rock and roll.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
What is the team building strategy of this franchise? Are we a defensive team, running team, passing team, what is the strategy? Its seems the FO just goes year to year with little thought about strategy or long term thinking.

We trade for Cooper and then he walks into FA. So was that a one year desperate move to try and win THAT year? Seams like the QB is entering his prime and the passing game is taking over and then they resign Zeke to a long term huge contract.

All these core guys they wait too long to sign them and when they we get nothing. Why not trade them before they become FA's?
Yes, it is the no plan, plan...lol.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

I thought Byron was way overhyped as an elite corner. 2 ints and only covers #1 receiver 1/3 of the time. However, it was clear there would be a big market for him so I was hopeful the Cowboys would get deals done with Amari and Dak. Franchise Byron then get some draft picks.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

What a defeatist Dora you are!
Why not do this, why not do that!
Why not relax and let better experts do their job, and quit fretting like a Picadilly girl, midnight cowboy.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't see a plan. We lost Cobb, Byron, and Quinn. Paid Amari, Zeke, and gave Dak an IOU for the future. It's early, but as of right now this team is not as good as last year's.