Do the Cowboys extend Dak before Jordan Love gets his extension?

perrykemp

Reaction score
Upside of the Packers sitting Love for 3 years is he came into the NFL basically ready and it showed, especially down the stretch where he threw 23 TDs vs 3 INTs.

Downside is they lost 3 years of a QB on a rookie contract and move into Love’s 2nd year as a starter with a hurge contract. Would be surprised to see him get $55-60M/year.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Dak the unquestioned leader, who wants nothing more than to bring a championship to Dallas, should accept the contract that would allow management to give him an adequate supporting cast. First to sign or not. All quarterbacks need help, just some more than others. Dak's already breaking our hearts, is it really necessary for him to break the bank also.
Dak should be smart, not greedy.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Upside of the Packers sitting Love for 3 years is he came into the NFL basically ready and it showed, especially down the stretch where he threw 23 TDs vs 3 INTs.

Downside is they lost 3 years of a QB on a rookie contract and move into Love’s 2nd year as a starter with a hurge contract. Would be surprised to see him get $55-60M/year.
Yeah tough one for Green Bay. While he has looked really good down the stretch of this season, the sample size is small.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Yeah tough one for Green Bay. While he has looked really good down the stretch of this season, the sample size is small.
I’m guessing the bet they will be making is that he had Top 5 stats this year and was Top 2‘ish in the 2nd half of the season, it was his first season starting, and that he can refine his game and get a lot better.

I’m sure they wish they another year before they have to give him a new contract, but at the end of the day they probably feel pretty good. The rest of their offense (outside of Jones) there are zero first round picks, and almost all rookies and 1st year guys. They won’t have to pay anyone else on the offense for a while.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Uh, yeah, try again.
Go take a look at spotrac. 2024 is a potential out for the Cowboys. Dak has a $5M roster bonus on March 17th and his $34M salary becomes guaranteed on March 17.

Designating Dak a June 1st cut saves $30-some million on the cap in 2024 and causes a dead cap hit of something like $25M in 2024 and $25M in 2025. That is easy to deal with when you have Lance on a cheap contract for 2024 and can bring Cooper Rush back pretty cheaply.

Too easy actually.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Doesn't Love have a 5th year option to see if he can prove it?
yes i'm sure they can do that but i that was a bad thing NOT getting your great quarterback signed early lol get a smaller deal..same with Purdy they should be running to sign them according to this place still upset they put dak on a FT because he didnt have 5th year option, isnt that the same thing lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Go take a look at spotrac. 2024 is a potential out for the Cowboys. Dak has a $5M roster bonus on March 17th and his $34M salary becomes guaranteed on March 17.

Designating Dak a June 1st cut saves $30-some million on the cap in 2024 and causes a dead cap hit of something like $25M in 2024 and $25M in 2025. That is easy to deal with when you have Lance on a cheap contract for 2024 and can bring Cooper Rush back pretty cheaply.

Too easy actually.
you plan on getting a rookie too right???

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Too easy actually.
Well, that sounds good, but who is going to win 12 games a season and punk out in the playoffs to a 7th seed?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Love looked great against a Cowboys defense that played horribly in his first playoff start.

Then Love looked below average against an elite defense in San Fran.

Wow, does this sound familiar........
just goes to show how bad our D is

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
And yet i have more confidence in Love getting better and being more of an impact, than i do Dak. He has reached his ceiling and all he has is downside. Now you gonna give him more? Heck if i'm Dak i am not gonna decline more money. but it is so stupid by the FO. Oh well, if he signs, just like the groundhog, six weeks of more wintry weather.