Do the Cowboys extend Dak before Jordan Love gets his extension?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not absolving Dak of the blame, but how did the entire Cowboys team look against that type of competition? If it was just Dak it would be a much easier fix.
The whole team looked like trash. But how do you fix it? The Qb position is the most important on the field bc he’s got the ball in his hands and he’s the one making decisons with it every snap. We’ve seen Dak for 8 years and it’s not trending up. Nobody has the answer but I’m pretty certain what it is not. Throwing more money at Dak and hamstringing the teams salary cap for the next 3-4 years isn’t going to move the team forward.

Blitzen

Reaction score
This is how you go from 12-5 to 7-10
If a pick in the 12-15 range somehow gets you a future elite franchise QB (good luck), maybe you then do the full rebuild and trade/cut every good player in the roster.

But, more likely, you get some dare to spare semi-project QB and go into the NFL wasteland of 4-8 wins a year for the foreseeable future.

Not saying change isn’t needed but people need to have their eyes open and know that a “rebuild” may take a decade.
The 4 remaining teams did not take a decade to build (and the QB’s that took over did not need that long to start winning lots in the regular season). This idea that rebuilds typically take a decade of time is just ridiculous hyperbole from Dak loving fans, and fans that harken back to the post Aikman era.

One day you guys might realize that the QB is not as important if they are not the elite 1-3. The teams can build excellent running games and defense, and yeah find a QB that has a good brain, does not panic in big moments, and can make the throws negative to succeed in this league (way more guys than you would think-just on the wrong teams lots of times).

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm not sure OP's question makes sense........Dak's $59M cap hit goes on the Cowboy's books the first day of the new league year ( March 13 ). There is no way we are waiting until May coz of free agency.....

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If they re-sign Dak at the current rate for top QBs, guess we xan expect more Bell and Clark at the 2nd level of the D.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
If BoZo would of extended Dak when he was eligible. We wouldn't be in Cap "hell" to begin with. If I'm Dak I wouldn't give Jerry 'it'!!!! Neither would any fan in here if in the same spot.
DAK DIDN'T WANT TO SIGN

This board's obsession with thinking that players just sign when Jones says so is absurd. He had no reason to sign an extension early.