Do the Cowboys extend Dak before Jordan Love gets his extension?

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
I personally don't think Love deserves to be the highest paid QB in the league. Unless, GB has some crystal ball where Love wins an MVP & SB.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
And yet i have more confidence in Love getting better and being more of an impact, than i do Dak. He has reached his ceiling and all he has is downside. Now you gonna give him more? Heck if i'm Dak i am not gonna decline more money. but it is so stupid by the FO. Oh well, if he signs, just like the groundhog, six weeks of more wintry weather.
What are they saying to themselves if they thought the way you do?? (Damn dak you're not really growing, why would we pay you so much more as you're not improving in the post season?) Uhhhh well here's 60, let's call the press in!!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Go take a look at spotrac. 2024 is a potential out for the Cowboys. Dak has a $5M roster bonus on March 17th and his $34M salary becomes guaranteed on March 17.

Designating Dak a June 1st cut saves $30-some million on the cap in 2024 and causes a dead cap hit of something like $25M in 2024 and $25M in 2025. That is easy to deal with when you have Lance on a cheap contract for 2024 and can bring Cooper Rush back pretty cheaply.

Too easy actually.
You're overlooking the voidable dead cap in 2025 of $36 million. The problem is it doesn't void until the end of the 2024 league year, so this June 1st 2024 cut people keep bringing up is actually $61 million dead cap, not $25 million. That's why it's not going to happen.

visionary

Reaction score
Dak the unquestioned leader, who wants nothing more than to bring a championship to Dallas, should accept the contract that would allow management to give him an adequate supporting cast. First to sign or not. All quarterbacks need help, just some more than others. Dak's already breaking our hearts, is it really necessary for him to break the bank also.
Dak should be smart, not greedy.
The “unquestioned leader” signed a max contract over only 3 years with a no trade clause just so he could fleece this franchise again

Hes not backing away from this payday

He will demand 55 million/y

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
4-0 when the opponent scored 17 or less, 0-1 when they scored more. The 2022 Cowboys averaged over a TD more per game with Dak than with Rush.

That's why when Rush was a FA after the 2022 season no one was foolish enough to make him their starter, and he came back to Dallas.
So, he was 4-1.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You're overlooking the voidable dead cap in 2025 of $36 million. The problem is it doesn't void until the end of the 2024 league year, so this June 1st 2024 cut people keep bringing up is actually $61 million dead cap, not $25 million. That's why it's not going to happen.
I am not avoiding it. I factored it in. I guessed it at $25M for 2025. Even if it is $36, it is doable. Cutting Dak this year saves about $30M+ on the 2024 cap, if I remember correctly. The Cowboys can spend all the savings, some of the savings, and roll over any remaining.

A June 1st cut is definitely possible. Especially with Lance on the roster at a very good price.

morat1959

Reaction score
Dak the unquestioned leader, who wants nothing more than to bring a championship to Dallas, should accept the contract that would allow management to give him an adequate supporting cast. First to sign or not. All quarterbacks need help, just some more than others. Dak's already breaking our hearts, is it really necessary for him to break the bank also.
Dak should be smart, not greedy.
Dak should be gone! That’s the only happy ending to this story.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak hater in the least, however, it's pretty clear Love is a better athlete with a stronger arm, more in-pocket mobility, and the ability to throw off-platform in ways Dak just can't. Doesn't mean Dak isn't a good QB.
its not CLEAR but ok...we are talking year 1 dak a lot of mobility lmao..hes in year 8, RW isnt as mobile either. it happens. Love hasnt proven a thing.. accept he needed 3 years on the bench to get to know and offense and Dak was ROTY 13 wins and his defense failed him his first year, Love the 2 picks Saturday one was the game loser he had better run game, defense and coaching this year with weak scedhuel and won 9 games , all we nee to know is that somehow overlooked as all the other qbs get pas daks are put under a microscope LMAO

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go take a look at spotrac. 2024 is a potential out for the Cowboys. Dak has a $5M roster bonus on March 17th and his $34M salary becomes guaranteed on March 17.

Designating Dak a June 1st cut saves $30-some million on the cap in 2024 and causes a dead cap hit of something like $25M in 2024 and $25M in 2025. That is easy to deal with when you have Lance on a cheap contract for 2024 and can bring Cooper Rush back pretty cheaply.

Too easy actually.
So are you telling us we will know by March 17th what happens with Prestrash?
Non-Dak lovers and true Cowboy fans want to know.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Too easy actually.
Cutting a 2nd team All-Pro quarterback makes no sense and a GM should and would be fired if they did that.

leeblair

Reaction score

I don't see how Dak will be anywhere near Jordan Love's salary.
Especially after Dak hand fed the Packers 14 points and helped Love and the Packers offense keep the ball longer and dismantle the Cowboys defense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe March 17th is the definitive date.
17 is my lucky # always bet it when playing roulette.
We can only hope it remains lucky................ Common Jerry snap out of it.......its a dog all bark and no bite esp playoff time!