Do the Cowboys feel comfortable at RB?

Chasing6

Reaction score
We have multiple RB's on the roster right now, at times when the Cowboys feel like this, they rely on the guys they have and play with them. I'd hate to see us not get a RB in the draft because we're banking on this committee of runners. They've had interest in other guys not named Brooks, there's also potential for the Marshall RB. What are your thoughts on our current RB situation, and if the Cowboys may pass up on drafting one because of this, I hope not!
No, but we have bigger needs.

jay94

Reaction score
Glad no rb all these backs can do 90% of whoever we could of drafted. We need the talent infusion at to many positions.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Just gotta accept that Zeke and Dowdle will be your RB rotation (with Zeke taking over full-time by week 8 probably)

doomsday9084

Reaction score
This year is about 2025.

They're very comfortable with all this.
You can kind of feel it. They are just filling out the trenches which are longer term draft picks. They are going to try to put fans in the seats with a Zeke and Dak farewell tour and then reset in 2025.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wondering if they have some vet trades earmarked for these day 3 picks at RB and DT and maybe wr3? I would be thinking that route as they'll contribute more than late rd picks would.

chicago JK

Reaction score
They shouldn’t. I am still a Vaughn fan. He looked really small though last year. I still think he can be a productive player in some kind of role.

Zeke is a guy who can do short yardage and help on pass protection. You can’t over work him though because it will make him ineffective over time. I do think if you really watched his carries he could be effective in short bursts in bigger games.

But that leaves Dallas needing a 10-15 carry a game back. We don’t have one yet. Not sure if I like anyone available in this draft to fill that role right now.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
They shouldn’t. I am still a Vaughn fan. He looked really small though last year. I still think he can be a productive player in some kind of role.

Zeke is a guy who can do short yardage and help on pass protection. You can’t over work him though because it will make him ineffective over time. I do think if you really watched his carries he could be effective in short bursts in bigger games.

But that leaves Dallas needing a 10-15 carry a game back. We don’t have one yet. Not sure if I like anyone available in this draft to fill that role right now.
It’s looking like Dowdle will be that 10-15 carry a game back.

starfan1

Reaction score

This is just my opinion but Duece Vaughn in my mind isnt a player that brings any encouragement to me.

I think it was a wasted pick with Turpin on the roster. Now I readily admit the cowboys didn’t give the kid much of an opportunity and some of his Kansas State tape looks exciting

I just don’t think it translates to the nfl hopefully I’m wrong but I see nothing more than a player that’s inactive on Sundays

RonWashington

Reaction score
Isn’t Freeman tbe battering Ram short tough yards . Why duplicate that with Zeke?

conner01

Reaction score
No way in hell do they feel comfortable
I doubt they feel comfortable but so far I think they’ve thought other players were better picks. Not having a 4th is gonna make getting one of the guys left harder. Waiting till the 5th is likely gonna lower the talent left significantly

Aven8

Reaction score
I doubt they feel comfortable but so far I think they’ve thought other players were better picks. Not having a 4th is gonna make getting one of the guys left harder. Waiting till the 5th is likely gonna lower the talent left significantly
We will see I guess. Hopefully they just take one.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys have a pass first offense, so I think not adding a WR3 is more concerning than not adding a RB.
And that offense floundered in the playoffs which makes the regular season stats meaningless. We have to be able to do both just like GB, Detroit, and SF.

morasp

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet they feel more comfortable about their run blocking Whoever the RB is maybe he won't be dodging as many defenders in the back field.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The question is who will be there at 174?

They can trade some 2025 draft assets if a guy like Jaylen Wright or Audric Estime starts to slide close to the 5th round. But the thought of going into the season with Zeke (likely), Dowdle, Freeman, and maybe Vaughn is scary.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Cowboys have a pass first offense, so I think not adding a WR3 is more concerning than not adding a RB.
I think they really like Jalen Tolbert in that role. Line him up outside while moving either Lamb or Cooks into the slot in three receiver sets.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they really like Jalen Tolbert in that role. Line him up outside while moving either Lamb or Cooks into the slot in three receiver sets.
Well, we blew a 3rd on him and he hasn’t done squat. Might as well see if he can play if given a larger role.