Video: Do the Cowboys have enough offense to make it to the SB?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly
If we don’t win the SB this year it must be the coaching and the HC needs to be fired

:muttley:
I guess you’re not smart enough to know that injuries and luck (the non-catch) play a part. No surprise.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Richards also working with far less talent than his Seattle super bowl squad. Secondary is the least talented unit on the team. No legion of boom here.
Are you kidding. Defensive backfield is as strong as any other position on the team and they're only rookies most of them. Only a strong safety away from being great back there I would agree with you but we're one linebacker away from being great there also.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
If Dak can figure out how to thread the needle in the redzone and throw a few td passes, yes.

And that's a big if.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly
If we don’t win the SB this year it must be the coaching and the HC needs to be fired

:muttley:
I back Jason Garrett simply because he hasn't lost a locker room in my opinion. Anything less than NFC Championship Game Goodbye

JayFord

Reaction score
This team has near elite if not elite talent as a whole

The coaching is the issue

Give this team to belichek and were looking at 10 straight SBs

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Camaraderie on this team is through the roof that's definitely not an issue defensive tackle if we can get pressure up the middle that changes the entire scheme on the defensive line. The only issue is coaching. Scheming second-half adjustments

It's cute how you think you know what I was talking about.

jrumann59

Reaction score
It’s just all coaching as far as I’m concerned.

We lost to the Rams last year because the Rams had McVay in the headset making changes and our coaches did not think to run 2 defensive playcalls.

Fixed it for you.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most people name this as the number one reason why they won't.

Yeah but most people are fan boy cheerleaders who simply belch out bad coach rather than admit the players aren't good enough.

I can assure you the coaching hasn't held back this stiff QB. He sucks on his own. With Linehan, with Moore, with Bill friggin Walsh.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Do they have enough defense to get there?

Do they have enough coaching to get there?

Do they have the proper environment around those coaches and players for it to even matter?

All fair questions.

The offense may or may not be enough to get there. But the defense needs to step up in the playoffs too.

Two playoff games last year and zero turnovers.

You aren’t going to win a championship with your defense getting zero turnovers in the playoffs.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you kidding. Defensive backfield is as strong as any other position on the team and they're only rookies most of them. Only a strong safety away from being great back there I would agree with you but we're one linebacker away from being great there also.

The legion of boom had 3 future HOF players. We don't even have a pro bowl prospect in the secondary. Surely, you are able to seperate reality from hopes and dreams.

I said nothing about the LBers. We have one of the better LB cores in the NFL.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The legion of boom had 3 future HOF players. We don't even have a pro bowl prospect in the secondary. Surely, you are able to seperate reality from hopes and dreams.

I said nothing about the LBers. We have one of the better LB cores in the NFL.

Bingo.

Although I like our corners. But our safety play is a sad joke. Has been for a while.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All fair questions.

The offense may or may not be enough to get there. But the defense needs to step up in the playoffs too.

Two playoff games last year and zero turnovers.

You aren’t going to win a championship with your defense getting zero turnovers in the playoffs.

We got dominated in the trenches on defense in the playoff game and did next to nothing to fix it in the offseason. Unless the scary talents of Christian Covington and Trysten Hill excite you.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We got dominated in the trenches on defense in the playoff game and did next to nothing to fix it in the offseason. Unless the scary talents of Christian Covington and Trysten Hill excite you.

Rod Marinelli coached Trysten Hill up over the phone and baked him a cake for his 21st birthday. That has future all pro written all over it.

visionary

Reaction score
I back Jason Garrett simply because he hasn't lost a locker room in my opinion. Anything less than NFC Championship Game Goodbye

I’ve heard this proclamation from Garrett homies like you for many many seasons and then it turns into one convenient excuse or another

I fully expect you here saying the exact same thing in 2020 and 2021 off seasons