Video: Do the Cowboys have enough offense to make it to the SB?

J-man

Reaction score
I think they do have enough offense, as long as they use it wisely. For too long this team has been a very vanilla offense and that needs to change. We have the weapons and the speed, time to use them.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The question was about offense and i will limit it to talent. Other questions exist but I will not address those to keep short & simple.

Yes. If we get moderately high level play across the board we should have plenty of offensive talent.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The legion of boom had 3 future HOF players. We don't even have a pro bowl prospect in the secondary. Surely, you are able to seperate reality from hopes and dreams.

I said nothing about the LBers. We have one of the better LB cores in the NFL.
When you say the cornerbacks on the weakest position on the team you're actually talking about linebackers. They're part of the team LMAO

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ve heard this proclamation from Garrett homies like you for many many seasons and then it turns into one convenient excuse or another

I fully expect you here saying the exact same thing in 2020 and 2021 off seasons
Why am I a Garrett Homer I find many things about him I don't like don't label me I'm an individual. I could label you

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we are basing our evaluation on our offense last year then no, it’s not enough. But if you’re basing your evaluation on the hope the additions this year will make enough difference , then it’s an unknown quantity.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
77-59 record as HC is not bottom 10.

Out of 494 coaches in the NFL, Jason is at #62 all time in wins.
He is tied at #51 in W/L %. With Chick Knoll and is .003% behind Parcells. Both of which have SB wins though.
With 12 wins, Jason will be tied with Lovie Smith at #50.
The next active coach ahead of him is Jon Gruden at #43 with a 99-97 record.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

Doesn't mean anything to some, but may to others.. I am not a big Garrett fan, but he deserves more credit that he gets.
If Garrett wins a SB this year, he still will not get credit from most of the fans on here. They will say they won it in spite of him, as well as Dak also.

Garrett's teams play hard and never quit, never quit on him. I do think the last half of last year he made many right decisions, and no gaffes. Except they still do not seem to make any adjustments. However, I read one time many teams do not make adjustments as fans think they do all the time. Sometimes you can, but they still do not work.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think they do but I have two concerns from a purely roster standpoint that I have had since the season ended: DT and S.

DT might be a bit better with Hill being added via the draft but counting on a rookie DT to make an immediate impact is risky. The rest of the DT rotation just seems to be decent to JAG type players.

S? I have no idea what they are thinking there. Do they just not think S is important in today's NFL or are they deluded into thinking a guy like Heath is actually better than he really is?

visionary

Reaction score
Out of 494 coaches in the NFL, Jason is at #62 all time in wins.
He is tied at #51 in W/L %. With Chick Knoll and is .003% behind Parcells. Both of which have SB wins though.
With 12 wins, Jason will be tied with Lovie Smith at #50.
The next active coach ahead of him is Jon Gruden at #43 with a 99-97 record.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

Doesn't mean anything to some, but may to others.. I am not a big Garrett fan, but he deserves more credit that he gets.
If Garrett wins a SB this year, he still will not get credit from most of the fans on here. They will say they won it in spite of him, as well as Dak also.

Garrett's teams play hard and never quit, never quit on him. I do think the last half of last year he made many right decisions, and no gaffes. Except they still do not seem to make any adjustments. However, I read one time many teams do not make adjustments as fans think they do all the time. Sometimes you can, but they still do not work.

“Play hard and never quit” LOL
As if that is why teams play in the NFL and why fans support them

Perfect post to sum up why were the “best fan base in the world”

Garbage in, money out

#relevanceisenough
#whoneedschampionships

Someone said to me a long time ago

In life you will get exactly what you are willing to accept

This fan base accepts and therefore deserves mediocrity

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Yeah but most people are fan boy cheerleaders who simply belch out bad coach rather than admit the players aren't good enough.

I can assure you the coaching hasn't held back this stiff QB. He sucks on his own. With Linehan, with Moore, with Bill friggin Walsh.
Based on your own logic you must be the Dak Prescott of CBZ

Sydla

Reaction score
Totally ignore my post............. I misread the headline. It was talking about offense, not overall roster.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Its been said defense wins championships, but does Dallas have enough offense to get them there?

My feeling is this. You can win games with a junk offense... you only need 1 score (whether it a field goal or a touchdown) to win a game. To me, the most important part of a team is defense. That defense has to stop the other team from scoring in any way shape or form. If they can do that, then a 3-0 win is still a win... It is all about defense if you want to win...

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
“Play hard and never quit” LOL
As if that is why teams play in the NFL and why fans support them

Perfect post to sum up why were the “best fan base in the world”

Garbage in, money out

#relevanceisenough
#whoneedschampionships

Someone said to me a long time ago

In life you will get exactly what you are willing to accept

This fan base accepts and therefore deserves mediocrity
Play hard never quit, that's because they believe in the system. Why I don't know but they do. I think the scheme sucks. But make no mistake about it he has control of the locker room the camaraderie. And you can't win without it

GMO415

Reaction score
The Cowboys have weapons at every level on this offense. It's just a matter if Boy Kellen can install a system that emphasizes touchdowns and not checkdowns.
So far he's producing open receivers so that's a start.