Video: Do the Cowboys have enough offense to make it to the SB?

Big D

Reaction score
Yeah but most people are fan boy cheerleaders who simply belch out bad coach rather than admit the players aren't good enough.

I can assure you the coaching hasn't held back this stiff QB. He sucks on his own. With Linehan, with Moore, with Bill friggin Walsh.

tenor.gif

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Do the Cowboys have enough offense to make it to the Superbowl?
Yes we do:flagwave:
No book on Kellen Moore. No problem :flagwave:
The book on Jason Garrett never being a best seller:huh:
As I said...
Yes we have enough offense to make it:)

GenoT

Reaction score
I believe the talent’s there on both sides of the ball.

The questions for me are more about preparation, game-planning and play-calling. Are the players being put into the best possible position to succeed, with respect to their individual skills/abilities? And our we then getting the most out of our players as a group?

We’ve got a new, untested OC/play-caller entering this season. Gotta hope he’ll make a positive difference.

Hardline

Reaction score
Is anyone factoring in the "getting screw by the refs" element?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its been said defense wins championships, but does Dallas have enough offense to get them there?

No and you don't need to ask me why....even Forrest knows why our offense with the leading rusher is well terrible!
Right Forrest?

CrYmmeYVIAACQ6b.jpg

InTheZone

Reaction score
More than enough offense and more than enough defense as long as they don't act like fashion models when it comes to stopping the run.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If we are all healthy and Moore can maximize a few things or even if he stayed the same then I think we average at least 4 more points per game than last year. We have Cooper for a while year now instead of a half year. Our Defense should be slightly improved.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We got dominated in the trenches on defense in the playoff game and did next to nothing to fix it in the offseason. Unless the scary talents of Christian Covington and Trysten Hill excite you.
Hill is exciting..

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Do they have enough defense to get there?

Do they have enough coaching to get there?

Do they have the proper environment around those coaches and players for it to even matter?

:hammer:

Because honestly...I'm more concerned the playoff loss wasn't just some fluke...We got out schemed....and then was a deer in headlights.

We simply didn't adjust...and in todays NFL....you need to be able to diagnois and have a plan on the fly. Marinelli stomping around on the sideline isn't gonna cut it.

If that's his plan going forward....he can piss and moan...and take his football and go home.:rolleyes:

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
The Cowboys have weapons at every level on this offense. It's just a matter if Boy Kellen can install a system that emphasizes touchdowns and not checkdowns.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Do the Cowboys have enough offense to make it to the Superbowl?
Yes we do:flagwave:
No book on Kellen Moore. No problem :flagwave:
The book on Jason Garrett never being a best seller:huh:
As I said...
Yes we have enough offense to make it:)
I am thinking no film on Moore’s playcalling and habits is a good thing.!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys have weapons at every level on this offense. It's just a matter if Boy Kellen can install a system that emphasizes touchdowns and not checkdowns.

Poor Kellen :( I can hear the dirt falling on him once nothing has changed with our passing offense+Red-Zone being lousy once again.....:facepalm:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The answer is no, not enough offense to win a Super Bowl without a #1 defense.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When was the last time an offense ranked as low as ours ( 22nd ranked) won a championship?

Steelers in 2008 with 20th. But #1 defense. And only offense in Super Bowl history to win with that low of ranked offense.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2zltuy/offensive_and_defensive_ranks_for_superbowl/
Sorry but here’s a more current report. There’s actually according to this link 2 SB champions with offenses ranked lower than 20th.
2002 Tampa
2015 Broncos
Common denominator #1 Defense

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/9r7q6x/the_last_25_super_bowl_champions_and_their/

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Sorry but here’s a more current report. There’s actually according to this report 3 SB champions with offenses ranked lower than 20th.
2002 Tampa
2008 Steelers
2015 Broncos
Common denominator #1 Defense

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/9r7q6x/the_last_25_super_bowl_champions_and_their/
True facts. Peyton Manning did next to nothing to win Super Bowl 50.

The difference was Von Miller and Demarcus Ware terrorizing that young Panthers O-Line and Cam :D

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do they have enough defense to get there?

Do they have enough coaching to get there?

Do they have the proper environment around those coaches and players for it to even matter?
Crux of the matter. It takes the whole thing to get it there.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting comments from Mangini and the answer for Cowboys fans is the offense will be better because we've bought in.

We are good at selling ourselves. Some have sold themselves that Prescott will more accurate and better because of the change at OC and QBC, Yosemite's return and Williams strength training and size will result in a better OL, Cobb will be an upgrade over Beasley, Witten can still block at a pro bowl level, Cooper will be better with a full year with the team, Gallup will make a soph jump and Pollard will be an added weapon to a first time OC's arsenal.

All of the above could happen but there are unknowns beginning with how much of a difference will the change at OC make and Carter's comment about that being a total Booger move is dead on. I think the reason Garrett said Linehan was returning was because he and Son had discussed that probability and the old man, still THE decision maker on this team stepped in and played the Corso card, "not so fast there, my friend".

Isn't it interesting that the offense gets debated so much when it was the defense falling on their butt with poor read and reaction, abysmal tackling and their worst game as a run D in years. Top this off with a defense driven SB.

This team will go only as far as the defense will allow them to go. That's what must improve in the run, because the East is going to want to run this year, and they must be something more than a mediocre pass rush team and pitiful in secondary turnovers.

Balance, it's all about balance and while the offense was a disappointment, it was better than the defense when the chips were down. Hopefully, the minor changes made in personnel will make the difference because everything else is the same.