Reaction score
Six

Dez
Hurns
Williams
Beasley
Switzer

One of Thomas/Brown/Draft pick

My bet is Thomas gets cut, Brown spends another year on the PS and we draft a receiver in round 3 or so.

Some of you want this to be more complicated than it is because you desperately want Dez gone.

ColeBeasley11

BruceCarter54
Reaction score
I suspect we add rookie and cut dez

Thompson and brown probly competing for last spot. Thompson brings speed element we lack, but the team seemed to like brown and his run blocking and physicality. Not sure if keeping 7 is a possibility.

Verdict

Reaction score
Hurns
Dez
Thomas
Beasley
Switzer
Williams
Brown
Draft pick in rounds 1-3

How many receivers do you need?

I don't think we will keep more than 6 and may keep as few as 5. I expect us to draft at least one receiver, but we might draft two, planning ahead.

1. Hurns should be a lock.
2. TWills contract indicates he stays. - production indicates otherwise but it is problematic to cut him because of his contract. I think he will stay. He is low drama.
3. Beasley. One year removed from being a stud. He has always been Dak's safety net. I think he stays.
4. Thomas probably stays too. I think the brought him in to stretch the field.

That leaves two spots open. One will be for a draft pick. That leaves Dez, Switzer,Brown and maybe another draft pick/UDFA fighting for a spot unless they consider Switzer to be special teamed only.

Salary is the pressure pressing down on Dez.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Pretty sure you mean Thompson.

I am through with this team not bringing in gold competition. I’m all for WR in the first. Keep Dez as long as you can and then cut him or massive paycut.

Screw the guy. His immaturity deserves some justice.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Problem is that TWill currently has his leg in a cast and is questionable to be ready for camp. Need to have some bodies there.

LittleD

Reaction score
I don't think we should waste a draft pick on a WR. Then again, I don't want to see Dez cut. We have too many needs to add no 1 WR to the list.

We have looked at and evaluated too many WR's in this draft not to get one in the 1st 3 rounds. We need 5 healthy ones to start the season and it's likely Dez will be heading out of Texas in a couple of weeks. Dak needs specific types of WR's to be successful and we are
going to start the process of becoming Dak friendly.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
We have looked at and evaluated too many WR's in this draft not to get one in the 1st 3 rounds. We need 5 healthy ones to start the season and it's likely Dez will be heading out of Texas in a couple of weeks. Dak needs specific types of WR's to be successful and we are
going to start the process of becoming Dak friendly.

But then that makes me wonder why they went after Hurns instead of someone like Taylor Gabriel if that is the plan

LittleD

Reaction score
But then that makes me wonder why they went after Hurns instead of someone like Taylor Gabriel if that is the plan

Hurns is a much cheaper version of Dez and excels in the slot running routes. Dez never was a very good route runner and has lost speed and quickness over the last 3 years. Dez hasn't been an effective #1 since Romo went down. Time to save some money and move on.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Stephen jones was meeting with Dez..then we could talk about Dez being cut. But reading the tea leaves and who is meeting with him...HE AINT GOING ANYWHERE. At least for this year. No trade..not being cut.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Hurns is a much cheaper version of Dez and excels in the slot running routes. Dez never was a very good route runner and has lost speed and quickness over the last 3 years. Dez hasn't been an effective #1 since Romo went down. Time to save some money and move on.

I guess I just don't see it then.. I rarely see things the same way this club does in evaluation of players..

zack

Reaction score
Let's say that Dallas cuts Dez and is hoping to replace him with a draft pick. Let's take a look at the first round receivers from the past several years and let me know if any of these guys excites you?

2017:
7. Mike Williams.
9. John Ross

2016:
15. Corey Coleman
21. Will Fuller
22. Josh Docton
23. Laquon Treadwell

2015:
4. Amari Cooper
14. Devante Parker
20. Nelson Agholor
26. Breshad Perryman
29. Phillip Dorsett

I really think that taking a receiver at 19 would be a horrible idea. I know that it was posted in other threads the % of routes that Dez ran last year. 29% was a 9 route. Coincidentally, he ran a comeback at 3%, really!!?? 3%? That is a great compliment route if you are constantly running the 9 Route. If Dez stays, and I hope he does, let's hope that this new Dak friendly offense is also Dez friendly too.