Do they still suck?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
All teams have them but the SB Eagles are the only team in the history of the NFL that still won despite a bunch of injuries.

I don't find the stats quickly but I think NE has a 500 record without Tom Brady - and that includes the game Garappalo played.
And it’s one thing to lose an Avg OT or receiver because the guy behind him isn’t going to be a huge drop off. We were missing our HOF LT, the RT who had been our best lineman this year. We were rushing Martin back with a bad back, and Fred isn’t all the Waugh back yet. We were missing the one wr who turned last season around, along with missing Cobb and just getting Austin back from concussion. We were missing out DTs too, and lost two CBS during the Jets game. That’s not just dealing with injuries. That’s the most important part of our team, the OL, along with multiple pro bowlers.

ksadler1

Reaction score
All teams have them but the SB Eagles are the only team in the history of the NFL that still won despite a bunch of injuries.

I don't find the stats quickly but I think NE has a 500 record without Tom Brady - and that includes the game Garappalo played.

Injuries to a starting QB are a whole different category. No more excuses. Stop talking and start playing. Last night was a start, and l'm happy with the win, but they have much more to prove. Let's see this week to week...

Kaiser

Reaction score
I’m not going to argue with those who think they’re a middle of the pack team with poor coaching. Any argument is fair based on the record. What I will argue with is anyone thinking they can predict who we are or what we will be at playoff time. We haven’t even hit the halfway point! We have had a lot of injuries to many of the best players on the team where the drop off to backups is large.

That's a great point. Teams can dominate the regular season and fall flat in the playoffs, but other teams can go in as a Wild Card and get hot.

Dallas will have an advantage this year of a weak Division, the Patriots have used that to their advantage for years to rest starters, hold out injured players, etc.

Kaiser

Reaction score
And it’s one thing to lose an Avg OT or receiver because the guy behind him isn’t going to be a huge drop off.

Exactly, look at Amari Cooper carving up a playoff team last night and then look at Cedric Wilson in the Jets game. There is no comparison.

ICP

Reaction score
To me they are like Jekyl & Hyde. I do think that they need to find a way to adjust when they are missing their big players and to me that comes mainly down to scheme and coaching which is the reason why I'm such a big supporter of giving Garrett his walking papers. From what I've seen he can motivate sure, but is woefully inept at outcoaching a superior oppenent/coach

Dre11

Reaction score
Funny that before we played the eagles they were going to obliterate us, they were going to win the east, had the best coach, qb, and talent. Now that we dominate them, they suck and are a bad team....lol
Doesn't get any better than this...lol

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
So can the players play now? Can the coaches coach now? Or does it actually make a difference when you have both starting OTs, two WRs and two CBs?
it also makes a difference when the opposing team fumbles the ball on the first two possessions
I need more convincing

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So can the players play now? Can the coaches coach now? Or does it actually make a difference when you have both starting OTs, two WRs and two CBs?

Just think how good we would be if we had a coach like Sean Payton.

No Brees and it doenst matter. I guess all the fools that said Payton wins because of Brees just got proven wrong.

Hasn't lost a game without Brees and they have played several good teams.

NO Brees, no Kamara?...……………….NO PROBLEM. Go INTO Chicago and embarrass the Bears.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Coaches still suck. Look at how NE handled the Jets and look at Garretts record when Ty Smith misses a games. No adjustments

Kaiser

Reaction score
Funny that before we played the eagles they were going to obliterate us, they were going to win the east, had the best coach, qb, and talent. Now that we dominate them, they suck and are a bad team....lol
Doesn't get any better than this...lol

1. "The Eagles will dominate us!!"

2. 37-10 Dallas

3, "If you love Garrett so much, why don't you marry him!!"

Kaiser

Reaction score
Coaches still suck. Look at how NE handled the Jets and look at Garretts record when Ty Smith misses a games. No adjustments

The Eagles crushed the Packers. We crushed the Eagles. See how easy this is?

Kaiser

Reaction score
it also makes a difference when the opposing team fumbles the ball on the first two possessions
I need more convincing

The first fumble was a textbook play were LVE wrapped up Goedert and Jaylon Smith put his shoulder into the ball to force a fumble.

The second fumble was DLaw beating a two time Pro Bowler to strip sack Wentz.

Yes, it does make a difference when your defense dominates their opponent.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Oz--should i lay down a Platinim guarantee over Pats?

source.gif