Do they still suck?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It's perplexing. Lose to the lowly Jets. Then clobber the Eagles. What the ....................?

Shane612

Reaction score
Tap the brakes. Eagles are trash. Cowboys beat the bad teams, just not the good ones.
Eagles have injury problem. Much worse than the cowboys.
De Sean Jackson would have been a big difference in this game.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Last night looked like the return of the creative gameplans from weeks 1-3.

Am I alone on this or did anyone else see the same things I did?
There definitely seemed to be better playcalling that kept Philly off-balance. That said the oline was actually making some holes too for once so it's hard to tell sometimes between execution and brilliance!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think that the Cowboys played a complete game last night. I think that the interior defense, particularly on the DL, played a much, much better game. I think that the OL had an outstanding game, particularly against some very physical DT talent on the other side. It was a great win but, it wasn't against a very good Defense. Eagles are terrible in their secondary and at LB (because of injuries at LB) last night.

Not taking anything away from last nights win but, we haven't beaten anybody with a good defense. We will see if we are really as good as we hope we are in two weeks.

JMO

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I don't think the Eagles are trash at all but we made them look like it. This is the same team that beat the Packers at Green Bay and dismantled the Jets..We need consistency because we can beat anybody when we don't get in our own way..Just my honest opinion.
OR allow that Princeton lost in the 60's HC insert his vanilla crap style of offense on us...

khiladi

Reaction score
Dallas is a middle of the road team and just blew them out. Vikings blew them out as well. Right now, they are trash. Did you watch the game?

atlanta’s only win was against the Eagles. Their pass defense is definitely trash. They also are battered by injuries, across the board, but apparently that doesn’t matter for other teams when we play them.

Jim Schwartz is as vanilla play-caller defensively than Garrett was as a play caller offensively.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't think the Eagles are trash at all but we made them look like it. This is the same team that beat the Packers at Green Bay and dismantled the Jets..We need consistency because we can beat anybody when we don't get in our own way..Just my honest opinion.

Atlanta’s only win was against the Eagles. The Jets had their backup QB, Luke Falk thrown into the Eagles the 0-4 Jets. The Eagles pass defense has been getting shredded all year and they haven’t been able to get any pressure all year. Their defense constantly gives up third down conversions and big plays. They can’t establish the run.

Their only truly solid win was against the Packers, but they allowed over 400 yards passing, which was one of those type of wins every bad team has at least once in a season.

They are a complete disaster right now.

Polkton31

Reaction score
atlanta’s only win was against the Eagles. Their pass defense is definitely trash. They also are battered by injuries, across the board, but apparently that doesn’t matter for other teams when we play them.

Jim Schwartz is as vanilla play-caller defensively than Garrett was as a play caller offensively.

And one of Green Bays losses was against the Eagles. The Eagles also stomped the Jets. What's your point? That any team is capable of winning any Sunday? Of course injuries matter, but wasn't it the people saying Dak is horrible, who pointed out that good QBs can carry a team to victories despite injuries or bad play? Can't have it both ways.

khiladi

Reaction score
And one of Green Bays losses was against the Eagles. The Eagles also stomped the Jets. What's your point? That any team is capable of winning any Sunday? Of course injuries matter, but wasn't it the people saying Dak is horrible, who pointed out that good QBs can carry a team to victories despite injuries or bad play? Can't have it both ways.

Atlanta’s only win was against the Eagles. The Jets had their backup QB, Luke Falk thrown into the Eagles the 0-4 Jets. They weren’t playing the Jets with Sam Darnold.

The Eagles pass defense has been getting shredded all year and they haven’t been able to get any pressure all year. Their defense constantly gives up third down conversions and big plays. They can’t establish the run.

Their only truly solid win was against the Packers, but they allowed over 400 yards passing, which was one of those type of wins every bad team has at least once in a season.

They have a bottom twenty defense, whose only saving grace is their run defense, which seems to in part be good, because teams can pass on them all day.

They are a complete disaster right now. They don’t even have their best OL playing, because he’s been injured.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So can the players play now? Can the coaches coach now? Or does it actually make a difference when you have both starting OTs, two WRs and two CBs?

Good talent but they are underachievers at their core with coaches who are stubborn and don't put their team in the best situation to win against teams that are similar to them or a little better.

Dallas wins on talent and effort.

IF the talent is down a little from injuries or the effort is down a little from them mentally checking out then it's a wrap.

Some teams can just sleep walk through a game and win because of their coaches. We are not that team. Everything needs to be perfect.

CWR

Reaction score
Last night looked like the return of the creative gameplans from weeks 1-3.

Am I alone on this or did anyone else see the same things I did?

Coupled with an aggressive defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There definitely seemed to be better playcalling that kept Philly off-balance. That said the oline was actually making some holes too for once so it's hard to tell sometimes between execution and brilliance!

I think there was undoubtedly a lot of that happening as well. But I saw the return of motion, options, and bunch formations that was easy to spot as well. Stuff I hadn't seen in weeks 4-6.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coupled with an aggressive defense.

The differences in the offensive playcalls was much easier for me to see than anything that might have changed with the defense. I can't as readily explain how the defense suddenly looked so much better than they had recently.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Eagles have injury problem. Much worse than the cowboys.
De Sean Jackson would have been a big difference in this game.

Yeah. Not that big a difference. DeSean hasn't "stung" Dallas as much as he remembers.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Some teams can just sleep walk through a game and win because of their coaches. We are not that team. Everything needs to be perfect.

Disagree. If the Patriots are playing the Dolphins, sure. But the other 31 teams aren't that far apart and every one of them will have bad games over the course of a 16 game season.