Do they still suck?

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think there was undoubtedly a lot of that happening as well. But I saw the return of motion, options, and bunch formations that was easy to spot as well. Stuff I hadn't seen in weeks 4-6.

Week 4 was a road game with crazy crowd noise facing an excellent defense.

In week 5 we moved the ball straight down the field on our first three possessions but every break (and referee call) went against them until they were down by three scores. The game plan goes out the window at that point.

In week 6 they did play way too conservatively but they also didn't expect to be missing 4 out of 11 starters on offense.

Its really one game out of seven. The proof of that is that we lead the NFL in yardage after 7 games.

Coy

Reaction score
Cowboys are a good team, not a great team.
They will win the division at 10-6 or 9-7.
Then they will host a good wild card team (Vikings, Panthers, 49ers, Seahawks or Rams), they could win that game and then probably visit the Saints or Packers.
That's probably where the season ends, the question is, does Garrett remain the HC if that happens? I hope not but I think he does.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Week 4 was a road game with crazy crowd noise facing an excellent defense.

In week 5 we moved the ball straight down the field on our first three possessions but every break (and referee call) went against them until they were down by three scores. The game plan goes out the window at that point.

In week 6 they did play way too conservatively but they also didn't expect to be missing 4 out of 11 starters on offense.

Its really one game out of seven. The proof of that is that we lead the NFL in yardage after 7 games.

No, it's three games out of seven. Save the rest.

4-3 is more "proof" than yardage.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They're inconsistent. That's the source of frustration.

But tonight was fun. :clap:
Jake--- it really is the frustration...to be so up and down...for me that is Garrett plain and simple....

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, it's three games out of seven. Save the rest.

4-3 is more "proof" than yardage.
Stash--- i am glad we won of course...but we are 4-3...the inconsistency is maddening...and for me its Garrett plain and simple

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stash--- i am glad we won of course...but we are 4-3...the inconsistency is maddening...and for me its Garrett plain and simple

I think we can all agree on those two points.
  1. We're all glad they won of course.
  2. The inconsistency is maddening.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The season started seven games ago, if this team does not become consistent, they will not win the division. Each game counts.
Star--i remember 30-40 years ago there was not the parity in league....and parity can be big factor in inconsistency?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cowboys are a good team, not a great team.
They will win the division at 10-6 or 9-7.
Then they will host a good wild card team (Vikings, Panthers, 49ers, Seahawks or Rams), they could win that game and then probably visit the Saints or Packers.
That's probably where the season ends, the question is, does Garrett remain the HC if that happens? I hope not but I think he does.
Coy--- ya here is the craziness...the only consistency is we cannot get past divisional playoff game...and in 24 years we have been to 3 or 4....all i can say is new england and belichek and Brady are the Goats of NFL history...and this aggravates me terribly

Reactions: Coy

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
So can the players play now? Can the coaches coach now? Or does it actually make a difference when you have both starting OTs, two WRs and two CBs?

Being healthy helps, most certainly.

But when you lose to the Jets...just yikes.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So can the players play now? Can the coaches coach now? Or does it actually make a difference when you have both starting OTs, two WRs and two CBs?

What makes the difference is when this team is backed into a corner. What we saw last night with the intensity and determination we haven’t seen all season from the Cowboys. That was by far our most impressive win. We got off to a fast start, got turnovers and looked like a completely different team than we were last week against the Jets. It took a week of criticism and Garrett being asked about his job security to bring the best out in this team. Now we have to see what Cowboys team shows up in two weeks against the Giants. We don’t always look real sharp after bye weeks, we lost to Tennessee last season after a bye week. It’s going to be interesting to see if the Cowboys come out motivated and ready to play or play down to the level of the Giants and struggle.

The Cowboys have a tough time building on success. It was a great win last night now we got to see if the team can can build on it. I know it’s not easy to get skyhigh for every game but if the Cowboys are going to get anywhere this season they have to be ready to play every week. If the team comes back in 2 weeks flat and ends up losing to the Giants they’ll be in the same boat they were in entering last nights game. We’ll see if last nights big win propels the Cowboys into the type of team we all hoped they would be this season. I won’t be sold on this team until I start seeing some consistency from week to week.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Let's hold off judging either way until we see the Cowboys play against a GOOD team.

Yeah except for one thing, we already lost to the Saints and Packers. If they're not good teams, we're in trouble. LOL

Kaiser

Reaction score
Being healthy helps, most certainly.

But when you lose to the Jets...just yikes.

It was brutal but so was the Colts game last year and we still went 7 - 1 in the second half. The big question is whether it was a letdown game because of all the injuries.

That's why I posted all last week that we needed to see how Dallas played against Philly before we really knew what this team was about.

nobody

Reaction score
Aints are 5-0 WITHOUT Brees. they're a good team. same with the Packers. We lost to both.
Yeah except for one thing, we already lost to the Saints and Packers. If they're not good teams, we're in trouble. LOL

But the season isn't over... What I mean was "Let's see how they do with this new motivation against a good team."

ksadler1

Reaction score

Until they prove otherwise. I loved watching them kick the crap out of Philly but one victory doesn't erase the last 3 defeats, especially to the winless Jets. Injuries are no excuse. All teams have them. Now prove this wasn't a fluke...

Kaiser

Reaction score
Injuries are no excuse. All teams have them. Now prove this wasn't a fluke...

All teams have them but the SB Eagles are the only team in the history of the NFL that still won despite a bunch of injuries.

I don't find the stats quickly but I think NE has a 500 record without Tom Brady - and that includes the game Garappalo played.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’m not going to argue with those who think they’re a middle of the pack team with poor coaching. Any argument is fair based on the record. What I will argue with is anyone thinking they can predict who we are or what we will be at playoff time. We haven’t even hit the halfway point! We have had a lot of injuries to many of the best players on the team where the drop off to backups is large.

injuries can linger. More injuries can derail our season. That’s a fact.
But we’ve been lucky that our injuries are ones that allow guys to get healthy and return. If we win the division, regardless of the record, and if we are relatively healthy along the OL, DL, and receivers when the playoffs roll around, this team can still be special and have a special season.