CFZ Do we actually have fans who believe Dak is Elite?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve been going to bat for him in recent years against the Dak Haks but in another thread been arguing with a fan I actually agree on many issues but he believes Prescott has become Elite and in Top 5 of QB’s in the league.

He even asked me what 5 QB’s are better. Which was an easy response. Prescott is arguably by most sound analysts and critics closer to a Top 10 QB, not Top 5. Which being in the next best group isn’t a bad place to be .

The argument stemmed from a basis narrative of his that Elite QB’s were a necessity to being a consistent contender in Cap era. Which is another argument within itself . There are exceptions to that rule as well. But the argument initiated with criticism of franchises with less playoff success this era. We actually agree to a point on that basis.

And then he said Dak has become Elite. Even saying that he had bashed him earlier in his career. Are there other fans who also believe he has become Elite? I thought besides the extremes on both sides of the Haks and Homers that most felt he was closer to Top 10 to above average . Enough to build around and hopefully have more success.

Like most franchises except for a handful who have an Elite QB, you have to build around average to above average QB’s. No shame in that . Anyway, curious where the vibe is at this time . Not interested in hearing from the extremes. Thanks

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This whole "elite" or "top 5" or "top 10" argument became a non-issue for me a long time ago. I can see with my own eyes that Dak is a good enough QB to win with. That's the only "ranking" I really care about. The rest is just talking head fodder. I think it was that first 5 games of 2020 where I saw Dak reach that level that I became convinced he was now good enough to win a championship with. Where does he rank among other QBs? Who cares? He's the only starting QB on my and as such he doesn't need to be "better than so and so" for me.. He just needs to be good enough for my team to win. Which he is...

terra

Reaction score
Only the Dak Fanboobs like qcard and company

Dak is a top 10 QB when healthy that is handicapped by a mediocre OC

Dak is good enough for what we need; problem is the weaknesses we have elsewhere make our chances of hoisting a Lombardi slim.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This whole "elite" or "top 5" or "top 10" argument became a non-issue for me a long time ago. I can see with my own eyes that Dak is a good enough QB to win with. That's the only "ranking" I really care about. The rest is just talking head fodder. I think it was that first 5 games of 2020 where I saw Dak reach that level that I became convinced he was now good enough to win a championship with. Where does he rank among other QBs? Who cares? He's the only starting QB on my and as such he doesn't need to be "better than so and so" for me.. He just needs to be good enough for my team to win. Which he is...
What's he ever been good enough to win?

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Who cares if he can "win" lots of QBs can win, but not all can play at a high level consistently enough to get to/win a SB. Dak unfortunately has always been inconsistent and now the only thing he does consistently is give the ball away.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never been non the elite or not elite debate. I have always supported him as he is our QB. But also have not been 100% in on him. But more pro than con.
I do believe he is a top 10 QB. However being a top QB or elite if some want to call it that, depends on the team as well. Is a team with a top stat QB consistently winning. Getting to the payoff games.

Then there is winning playoff games. Some simply go by a QB is only elite if the get to a SB or Championship game. Here is the rub on that. Fans will still be critical of that.
Then the ...it is a team game reasons will fly... or he is this not elite, he can't get to the SB.
Win it is the team, lose it is Dak...then there will be the opposite...win it is all Dak, lose it is the team....

I just want to win regardless.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
This Dak debate reminds me of the song “Stuck in the middle with you”…

“Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle with you”

Dak is good but not elite, Dak is a great leader, but not always the most accurate passer, Dak is a winner but hasn’t won the big game yet…etc, etc.

Most objective fans, in my opinion, will acknowledge Dak is a good quarterback and can play at an elite level at times but can also be inconsistent.

The clowns and jokers are the “haters and fanboys” that argue all the time about Dak and the rest of us are in the middle and hope Dak can be good enough but will cheer him on as he is our QB.

Centex

Reaction score
I believe he is streaky. He is capable of playing like a top 5 QB. Or a bottom 5.

I would love to have better but I acknowledge that Dallas might end up with worse if they switched. I also think that Dallas has got to be prepared to move on if his next contract demand would keep them from resigning enough key players to win consistently.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is elite, Again what I consider elite are the handful of players who play at a high level year in and year out. Can Dak play a game at an elite level? yes but a great game does not make a player elite. Winning a SB in my view does not make you elite. Having said that I fully believe in Dak to help this team win including a SB. I think a lot of people throw the elite status out very easily.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’ve been going to bat for him in recent years against the Dak Haks but in another thread been arguing with a fan I actually agree on many issues but he believes Prescott has become Elite and in Top 5 of QB’s in the league.

He even asked me what 5 QB’s are better. Which was an easy response. Prescott is arguably by most sound analysts and critics closer to a Top 10 QB, not Top 5. Which being in the next best group isn’t a bad place to be .

The argument stemmed from a basis narrative of his that Elite QB’s were a necessity to being a consistent contender in Cap era. Which is another argument within itself . There are exceptions to that rule as well. But the argument initiated with criticism of franchises with less playoff success this era. We actually agree to a point on that basis.

And then he said Dak has become Elite. Even saying that he had bashed him earlier in his career. Are there other fans who also believe he has become Elite? I thought besides the extremes on both sides of the Haks and Homers that most felt he was closer to Top 10 to above average . Enough to build around and hopefully have more success.

Like most franchises except for a handful who have an Elite QB, you have to build around average to above average QB’s. No shame in that . Anyway, curious where the vibe is at this time . Not interested in hearing from the extremes. Thanks
Dak is a top 10 quarterback in my opinion. There are only like 3/4 elite quarterbacks in the NFL now. Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers, and maybe Allen now are elite.

kskboys

Reaction score
This Dak debate reminds me of the song “Stuck in the middle with you”…

“Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle with you”

Dak is good but not elite, Dak is a great leader, but not always the most accurate passer, Dak is a winner but hasn’t won the big game yet…etc, etc.

Most objective fans, in my opinion, will acknowledge Dak is a good quarterback and can play at an elite level at times but can also be inconsistent.

The clowns and jokers are the “haters and fanboys” that argue all the time about Dak and the rest of us are in the middle and hope Dak can be good enough but will cheer him on as he is our QB.
Well said.

At present, there are exactly 2 elite QBs in the NFL, Mahomes and Allen. Brady and Rodgers are no longer elite. Burrow is knocking on the door, as is Herbert.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is elite, Again what I consider elite are the handful of players who play at a high level year in and year out. Can Dak play a game at an elite level? yes but a great game does not make a player elite. Winning a SB in my view does not make you elite. Having said that I fully believe in Dak to help this team win including a SB. I think a lot of people throw the elite status out very easily.
Consistency is one of the hallmarks of elite QBs.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's about team building for me. I haven't seen this front office figure out how to overpay Dak, Dlaw, Zeke and still build a team that can win in the playoffs. Nobody wins by themselves and you have to be able to put enough talent in all 3 phases of the game to really make a run at the SB. The Cowboys have a good team, but i'm not satisfied with good I want to see them be great in the post season and compete for a championship like i know they can.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I think he's a top 10 QB. What you wanna label that is up to you.

Exactly. Amongst the starting quarterbacks in the league, he is clearly better than half of them. Top 10... ? From game to game... it varies, but yes. Honestly, any team that has a quarterback arguably in the top 10, is NOT going to exchange that QB for Dak. Dallas would never trade away Dak, either.

Here's to hoping that Dak hits his prime, the same way Aikman did for the Super Bowl runs in the 90's... Aikman was near perfect, and looked like the Top 1 quarterback at the time.

Dak did a pretty good impression of perfect after the interception. As Jimmy Johnson pointed out, a clean pocket is a key ingredient of that. And the line is improving. The run game is a threat, when Pollard gets back to it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Consistency is one of the hallmarks of elite QBs.

True, I think some throw out Elite not just Dak, Hebert for the chargers people will say he is elite? I don't see it, he has pretty much done nothing. Stafford in my view is no where close to elite. Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes yes I would say elite. I would be hard pressed to say Allen is elite.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Hey let’s be honest here. Sometime DAK looks elite and sometimes he don’t. IMO you become an elite QB in the playoffs you show you can hang and PERFORM with the big boys when it counts and you earn the title. Beating up on teams in a week division or conference don’t make you elite. It’s the playoffs that count.