CFZ Do we actually have fans who believe Dak is Elite?

kskboys

Reaction score
True, I think some throw out Elite not just Dak, Hebert for the chargers people will say he is elite? I don't see it, he has pretty much done nothing. Stafford in my view is no where close to elite. Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes yes I would say elite. I would be hard pressed to say Allen is elite.
Elite isn't about what a QB has done, it's about how he plays.

Brady and Rodgers were elite, they are elite no longer.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Who cares if he can "win" lots of QBs can win, but not all can play at a high level consistently enough to get to/win a SB. Dak unfortunately has always been inconsistent and now the only thing he does consistently is give the ball away.
he is inconcistent. totally agree. that's what keeps him from being considered elite. but teams win with above average QBs....having an elite QB is not a pre-requisite to winning a superbowl or getting there. Grapolo, Foles, Goff, Ryan, Flacco, Kapernick....etc.... all QBs that are above average and lead their teams to recent superbowls and some win it....now you can argue they are better in this or that, but nobody would ever say these QBs were elite.

the question is can he play consistent enough to get us there.....everyone sees the potential, but he has also been mistake prone.

now, this year he seems to have given the ball away more so than any other year in his career. yes, he does need to clean that up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Elite isn't about what a QB has done, it's about how he plays.

Brady and Rodgers were elite, they are elite no longer.

When I see these guys hitting the WR with great passes and WR dropping them, excuse me if I don't put that on the QB. Personally I can't stand Rodgers but he is still pin point accurate.

Scotman

Reaction score
If he ends up being the reason we win the Superbowl, you bet. He's been good lately. But he needs to elevate his game in the post season considerably to be called elite.

kskboys

Reaction score
When I see these guys hitting the WR with great passes and WR dropping them, excuse me if I don't put that on the QB. Personally I can't stand Rodgers but he is still pin point accurate.
Yes, and that goes to how he is playing. What he's done is more about the team.

Rodgers now has some glitches that takes him out of the elite category. He's lost his consistency.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
and even Elite QBs need support to win, but they are able to help the team turn the corner easier. Rodgers in all his greatness has one superbowl win....and that was the year the team focused on their defense and improve the defense. Brady is the only one that comes to mind to have done it with different types of teams and make up..... then again he is the GOAT. its not a matter of putting a team on your back as many claim elite QBs do, its a matter of what do they do when they are given weapons and a good team around them. they cash in. that's what Dak has to do to get the monkey off his back. he may, or he may not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ve been going to bat for him in recent years against the Dak Haks but in another thread been arguing with a fan I actually agree on many issues but he believes Prescott has become Elite and in Top 5 of QB’s in the league.

He even asked me what 5 QB’s are better. Which was an easy response. Prescott is arguably by most sound analysts and critics closer to a Top 10 QB, not Top 5. Which being in the next best group isn’t a bad place to be .

The argument stemmed from a basis narrative of his that Elite QB’s were a necessity to being a consistent contender in Cap era. Which is another argument within itself . There are exceptions to that rule as well. But the argument initiated with criticism of franchises with less playoff success this era. We actually agree to a point on that basis.

And then he said Dak has become Elite. Even saying that he had bashed him earlier in his career. Are there other fans who also believe he has become Elite? I thought besides the extremes on both sides of the Haks and Homers that most felt he was closer to Top 10 to above average . Enough to build around and hopefully have more success.

Like most franchises except for a handful who have an Elite QB, you have to build around average to above average QB’s. No shame in that . Anyway, curious where the vibe is at this time . Not interested in hearing from the extremes. Thanks
We can dead this whole "elite" talk now. This whole stupid title of "elite" is so subjective. But we know the deal. You win a championship you're elite. If you don't? You're Romo and Phillip Rivers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes, and that goes to how he is playing. What he's done is more about the team.

Rodgers now has some glitches that takes him out of the elite category. He's lost his consistency.

I agree they both are at the end, As for Allen? I think he is close but have a hard time putting him in that category. Burrow I do agree is close

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
so based on this comment, if he hasn't won it already, he will never be able to win one? is that the logic?

he literally said, he is good enough to win with....not saying he was good enough to have won it!!!

Geez dude, give it a rest.
How can one say he is good enough to win with when he has, in fact, never won anything at any level?

We're 7 years in and he's proven that he's just good enough to get the team to the Divisional Round. Nothing more.

We HOPE he is good enough to win with, but until we actually win something with him then it's all make believe.

Proof

Reaction score
I believe he is streaky. He is capable of playing like a top 5 QB. Or a bottom 5.

I would love to have better but I acknowledge that Dallas might end up with worse if they switched. I also think that Dallas has got to be prepared to move on if his next contract demand would keep them from resigning enough key players to win consistently.

yeah. if we could eliminate or drastically reduce the really bad stretches I would feel a lot more confident. His ceiling is really high when he's on. good enough to convince me he's the guy. but that floor just erodes it all

RS12

Reaction score
He is not. The playoffs this year will give him the chance to make his case though.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Why does it matter? Some people like Dak some don't. Why does it matter if certain people think he is a better QB then you do? Should I start a thread that says " Do we have actually have fans who think yellow is the best color?" What does that prove? The only reason you even made this thread is to allow people who hate Dak to double down on there hate. We get it. Move on.

kskboys

Reaction score
and even Elite QBs need support to win, but they are able to help the team turn the corner easier. Rodgers in all his greatness has one superbowl win....and that was the year the team focused on their defense and improve the defense. Brady is the only one that comes to mind to have done it with different types of teams and make up..... then again he is the GOAT. its not a matter of putting a team on your back as many claim elite QBs do, its a matter of what do they do when they are given weapons and a good team around them. they cash in. that's what Dak has to do to get the monkey off his back. he may, or he may not.
Rodgers is known for crapping the bed in the playoffs. D was 5th the only year he won it.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
There are two or three elite QBs in the league and Dak is not one of them. No shame in that, he is capable of carrying the team on his back when needed and can be productive against any team out there.

When Dak and Moore are in sync the Cowboys are unstoppable. We have seen it here and there, but not consistently. The Cowboys too often seem to get caught up the "chunk play" game and make it easy to defend them. The routes they deployed Saturday to exploit the Eagles tendencies were outstanding and Dak made some incredible throws. Also, they stuck with the run (almost 50% vs Philly) even though Zeke and Pollard collectively ran for less than 3 ypc. That makes a huge impact on a crowded box, coaxing LBs and SS to take a step forward to read the OL, and wears the D down.

I wish they would get Dak out on the perimeter more. He is quite good throwing on the run and seems much more comfortable on the move. I am looking forward to see how they respond on a short week after a huge win. The game in Tennessee will provide some clues on what a Cowboys playoff team will look like. I am starting to think Vrabel is going to go full tilt Thursday Night. It's not his style or in his DNA to pull the reigns back.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I think all QB need a supporting team around them, don't kid yourself Brady has played with many outstanding players including HOF'ers who have been major contributors to his success and that of the team. Rodgers less talent around him but as you point out when GB put more into the defense that got that team over the hump. The one constant about football is it takes a team to win it, not one man. Media loves to focus on QB and while it is important position, it is also a position that relies on those around him to have success.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How can one say he is good enough to win with when he has, in fact, never won anything at any level?

We're 7 years in and he's proven that he's just good enough to get the team to the Divisional Round. Nothing more.

We HOPE he is good enough to win with, but until we actually win something with him then it's all make believe.
I think you are arguing in circles....is there potential? that's the question. and that's what what all teams do....have players, that give them the opportunity and potential to win it!! or minimally get there.....

so is Allen not any good? he hasn't won anything. Is Herbert any good? he hasn't won anything. is Cousins any good? he hasn't won anything. is Jalen hurts any good? he hasn't won anything. so would you take any of them over Dak (as you have argued in the past), because they give you more potential to win it!!!!

so the question people ask and the observation that was made based on the OP's comment that he has the potential. he has shown he can be good. he has shown to have the ability....he just has to get over the hump. its not about having actually accomplished anything to be considered, because then most of the QBs in the league will be disqualified, some of whom you like more than Dak and give them more potential (all of the listed above included).....

sounds like you are arguing that wins/losses are a QB thing.... are you?

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree they both are at the end, As for Allen? I think he is close but have a hard time putting him in that category. Burrow I do agree is close
I know, right? I fight myself over Allen. One week I want to put him in as elite, the next I want to take him out.

I think Herbert needs a different OC. From what I see, too much is put on him.