Do we blame Dak if we lose Cooper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If they are going all in on Dak without signing Amari then they are more dumb then I thought.

There is no point of having Prescott if he doesn't have one of the best route runners in the history of football to get the 5 yards of separation he needs to complete a pass.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Dak playing crazy hardball could mean he will not have his favorite WR. If Coop hits free agency there is a good chance we lose him. Not sure how Dak does not see this? Why cant Dak at least move some on his side to meet the Cowboys?
this is business and people look out for their own interests.

i'll never understand the blame game people have to play.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm surprised there's still Dak threads. Aren't you people sick & tired talking/reading about him yet?!

I wonder if they talk about him all day at work and at home. Well actually I don't wonder, but for this moment of posting this I did wonder. :lmao:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak playing crazy hardball could mean he will not have his favorite WR. If Coop hits free agency there is a good chance we lose him. Not sure how Dak does not see this? Why cant Dak at least move some on his side to meet the Cowboys?

It's the front office's job to manage contracts and sign players. If they can't figure out how to do it, that's on them.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Why do you assume it is Dak who is being unreasonable?

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
No we blame the Cowboys for not getting either deal done. The Cowboys made their first decent offer to Dak last week. That should have been their first offer over a year ago.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do we blame Dak if we lose Cooper?
That's right! Don't point the finger of blame at me!!!

3.gif

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
It will be comical when he goes back to being less than average because we can't afford to surround him with elite talent.

When was he ever less than average?

His rookie season he put up more TD than 5th year Russell Wilson with 1/3 of the interceptions.

that was without cooper.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Yeah I blame Dak. He was the major cog domino that needed to drop to help see what money we were looking at after the signing...

Cry me a river if he was trying to get every penny when he is one of the more highly endorsed QBs in the NFL.. why? Because he is the QB of the Cowboys

SSoup

Reaction score
If we can't manage the cap then why can we always do whatever we want?
I don't know what "we always do whatever we want means" in this context.

In the original poster's hypothetical scenario where we lose a good player because we tried and were unable to sign him, months after giving a 1st rounder for him, I don't think that's us doing what we want. I mean, it's hard to have a lower opinion of Jerry Jones than I do, but you're asserting that Jerry would have done this intentionally because he wanted to spend a 1st rounder to rent Cooper?

I'll just say I disagree. He does lots of stupid stuff quite intentionally, but this wouldn't fall under that umbrella.

ondaedg

Reaction score
It will be comical when he goes back to being less than average because we can't afford to surround him with elite talent.

Joe Montana had Dwight Clark and Jerry Rice. Does that mean he wasn't an elite qb? Just thinking out loud using your logic as a guideline.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

Nah I blame Demarcus Lawrence, Zeke, OL, LBs, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.