Do we have a weak home crowd?

vlad

Reaction score
I'm not complaining, after all I don't live in Dallas anymore and even if I did I doubt I'd be spending my hard earned money for season tickets.

I'm just curious if we have a really weak home crowd? Growing up, I can remember in the 90s it was crazy for just those few years. But I can routinely remember Packers, Chiefs, Steelers, etc... games where the opposing team's crowd had a real presence. Wasn't it earlier this year that Pierce urged the crowd to get louder and they actually did?

Just wondering what you guys thought? I know we aren't a deafening stadium (I think we are very spoiled fans), but are we a weak home field (and don't look at records, we've had very good teams)?

Again, not a criticism, I'm just wondering if thats the case or not.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Should've done a search for this topic. We've had 1,043,259 threads about this already.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Really, ?

Seriously?

this is a topic? This is important?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
and what has been said about not opening the thread if you don't like it? *ducks for cover*

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1841869 said:
and what has been said about not opening the thread if you don't like it? *ducks for cover*

you *******************************er

kmp77

Reaction score
vlad;1841858 said:
I'm not complaining, after all I don't live in Dallas anymore and even if I did I doubt I'd be spending my hard earned money for season tickets.

I'm just curious if we have a really weak home crowd? Growing up, I can remember in the 90s it was crazy for just those few years. But I can routinely remember Packers, Chiefs, Steelers, etc... games where the opposing team's crowd had a real presence. Wasn't it earlier this year that Pierce urged the crowd to get louder and they actually did?

Just wondering what you guys thought? I know we aren't a deafening stadium (I think we are very spoiled fans), but are we a weak home field (and don't look at records, we've had very good teams)?

.....dude.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Why do you all have to ridicule the guy? He's just asking a question.

To answer you, Dude, yeah, I've never been to Texas Stadium. But I've always heard it's a pretty docile place compared to other stadiums. We don't have a very good home crowd unless it's a really big game (like the Packers). And even then the rival crowd is usually just as good.

I'm hoping it'll be different at our new place, Tom Landry Stadium brought to you by Verizon.

CPonder14

Reaction score
I don't really think this has anything to do with it but...........

Since Romo has been QB
10-1 on the road
8-5 at home

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CowboyMike;1842065 said:

To answer you, Dude, yeah, I've never been to Texas Stadium. But I've always heard it's a pretty docile place compared to other stadiums. We don't have a very good home crowd unless it's a really big game (like the Packers). And even then the rival crowd is usually just as good.

I'm hoping it'll be different at our new place, Tom Landry Stadium brought to you by Verizon.

well as long as you have heard it, it must be true.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CowboyMike;1842065 said:

I second that emotion.
The neighborhood toughs like to read so they can whine about previous posts:rolleyes:

Leave him alone you hoods.
It's a legitimate question and every day and every game, things change.
So relax and let the flow of expression proceed.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
not the best homefield advantage in the world.

sorry, but it's not. i wish it was better.

the bigger the game, the better the crowd though. i agree with that. that place gets up for the big ones.

i was at the st louis game, by contrast, and you could hear a pin drop. and that was before we were blowing them out.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
CowboyMike;1842065 said:

My guess would be that some folks love to show off their ******!:cool:

panther1012

Reaction score
vlad;1841858 said:

ANSWER: Our Homefield Sucks!!! Dallas is just that type of fan base. It's not a Texas thing. For example, compare the Cowboys crowd to the Longhorns on a Saturday afternoon.

vlad

Reaction score
Okay, first of all if you look at my posting history, I never try to instigate anything...so all this attitude (except from theebs which I bow down to) is really uncalled for. And thansk to the people who tried to defend my question.

I was just asking a quesiton the msot respectable manner I could because I know people tend to freak out for no good reason...

and to the poster who responded "dude...."

I respond "guy...." (or "cheif...." if you prefer)

Kangaroo

Reaction score
vlad;1841858 said:

It is only going to get worse in the new stadium with the prices JJ is charging for PSL's

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
vlad;1842240 said:
Okay, first of all if you look at my posting history, I never try to instigate anything...so all this attitude (except from theebs which I bow down to) is really uncalled for. And thansk to the people who tried to defend my question.

I was just asking a quesiton the msot respectable manner I could because I know people tend to freak out for no good reason...

and to the poster who responded "dude...."

I respond "guy...." (or "cheif...." if you prefer)

Hey bro sorry if I was acting like a jerk, if you look at my posts from last night I was goofing around all night.

anyway on a serious note. The crowd at texas stadium is good. Dont believe all that stuff. Now in a losing season it is lousy, people still go there just is no atmosphere. But if you look around the league all losing teams have that problem. Caught a jets game lately? Neither have the jets fans. See the eagles fans leave in the third qtr when we beat them up in november, check the giants fans sunday night or the 12 that were there in the second half.

The crowd is good. The one flaw with the rowdy crowds there is the noise on offense.

And here is my reason for the noise on offense, and I believe I am right with this. I have tickets in the upper corner. IN the upper corner and upper endzone that is where all the out of town fans and opposing teams fans sit most of the time. Alot of them are there for their first game ever at texas stadium or there only game of the season. Then what happens is the players that most of those fans root for are offensive guys. When they introduce players from the tunnel before games the offensive players lift the roof off the place.

So the first time we go on offense, the first time we are in the redzone, the first time we get the ball in the second half and pretty much anytime the game is close in the end those fans cheer like crazy and take tons of pictures.

Those fans also are very loud on defense and are very energetic, I am glad they go. Its not that they dont understand the game they are just very excited.

so again, the crowd when we are a good team is very good, just as loud as anywhere I have been except buffalo before the renovation. I listen to the game on the radio in the stadium and I have it cranked all the way up and I still cant hear it in my ear.

anava

Reaction score
I go to a couple of games a year and I do think we have a pretty weak crowd and a little clueless at times. But then again even Rowdy, are team mascot, can be clueless at times, he tries to get the crowd in an uproar when the offense is on the field.

Heck, a huge argument broke out the last game I went to because some guys were standing and blocking other peoples view. The golf clappers get mad when you block their view.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
CowboyMike;1842065 said:

It will probably be far worse than it is now, with the prices of tickets that are mentioned along with the "waiting fee" price tacked on. Probably mostly corporate people...and not REAL fans!:banghead:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ryanbabs;1842503 said:
It will probably be far worse than it is now, with the prices of tickets that are mentioned along with the "waiting fee" price tacked on. Probably mostly corporate people...and not REAL fans!:banghead:
Jerry Jones needs to implement a "cheap seats" section for everyday people to go to the games. Maybe he could use one of those open end zones, you know, put some special seating there, maybe 10,000 or so for low prices. Those people would be so loud that it might even be contagious to the corporate types and clueless folks who somehow landed tickets. With an expandable seating arrangement, this is really doable. It's a shame for the working class folks to not be able to see a Cowboys game in person.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boyzmamacita;1842614 said:
Jerry Jones needs to implement a "cheap seats" section for everyday people to go to the games. Maybe he could use one of those open end zones, you know, put some special seating there, maybe 10,000 or so for low prices. Those people would be so loud that it might even be contagious to the corporate types and clueless folks who somehow landed tickets. With an expandable seating arrangement, this is really doable. It's a shame for the working class folks to not be able to see a Cowboys game in person.
I think they'll have something like that. I think it'll be called the Standing Room Only section. You can get in, but you'll have to stand the whole time in some godawful corner of the stadium.