Do we have a weak home crowd?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1848815 said:
Detractors of Texas Stadium crowds should've watched the Rams/Steelers game last night. The game was in St. Louis, and at least half the stadium consisted of Pittsburgh fans.

I'll never forget the 2004 game against the Steelers in Texas Stadium when the damn Steeler fans were drowning everyone else out with DEUCE chants for that scrub that used to be on the Eagles.

dogberry

Reaction score
Should we have real cheerleaders in each section? They could be coordinated by wireless. Bullhorns anyone.

What other team should we benchmark? Does another sport get the home crowd into the game better? Do English soccer fans have song writers and a system to organize their chants?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
dogberry;1848857 said:
Do English soccer fans have song writers and a system to organize their chants?

Some do, but most of the chants or songs that song writers write for them are shunned. Most of the chants and songs happen organically and spread from one section of the stadium to the other. Many times one stand of fans will be singing one thing, and the stand opposite another. I am pretty sure they have atmosphere coordinators in the stands in the French league and I know for a fact that my Chicago Fire have them in the MLS.

dogberry

Reaction score
"Atmosphere coordinators in the stands." Is this unique to soccer? This sounds as if the atmosphere coordinators arn't controlled but are reacting to conditions in the stadium.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
dogberry;1848886 said:
"Atmosphere coordinators in the stands." Is this unique to soccer? This sounds as if the atmosphere coordinators arn't controlled but are reacting to conditions in the stadium.

They react to the conditions in the game, I believe they have some sort of approval from the team to be the chant leader and to be somewhat respectful, but the atmosphere at soccer games is different than any other sport in the world.

The MLS has them because they want their games to more resemble the European game with thousands of fans singing the same songs or saying the same chants at the same time.

Even my favorite club, The London Arsenal, have a RedAction section that is meant for the people who sing and chant to sit together so their voices can carry farther. I have heard some of the most obscene things chanted by 10,000+ people at the opposing teams. Its amazing.

I could be wrong, but I am a huge soccer fan who has seen his fair share of games in England and America.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
dogberry;1848897 said:
Could this system be transferred to the Cowboys?

Thanks

Kent
I dont think so, and I dont really want it to be. Crowd interaction in the NFL and soccer is entirely different. In the NFL, I really believe the fans should be on their own. Its really not that hard to learn to cheer at the appropriate times when you are watching football, and if it is, a scoreboard usually points the way.

In the NFL, if a player has a good game, people applaud and scream. In the EPL, fans sing the players name throughout the ground. Its just a difference in fan culture. The MLS seems to want to make the fans more European, but the NFL is all American. I like the way we do it, and I dont think a dude with a bullhorn would make any difference.