CFZ Do We Not Get Tired or Doing the Same Thing Over and Over?

JayFord

Reaction score
GET AWFFFF MAH LAWWWWNNN!!!!!!

*drinks bud light*

Go Boyz!!!!! its our year!!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't study any player until after we draft them.
exactly, that is what I do, no way to know who they will pick.
I think a little bit about who and what I would try and get, but no way they would ever do what I would.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My intuition tells me the Cowboys are not a good drafting team on day 2.
Kelvin Joseph, Nashon Wright, Jalen Tolbert are just some of the recent examples.

They do great in the first round and middle rounds.
Round 2
Diggs
DLaw
Sam Williams
Larry Allen

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It seems like literally every year we complain about most of our picks. If it isn’t the first rounder, it’s the second. If it’s not the second, it’s the third. From Travis Frederick to Tyler Smith, so many complain about who the guy is just to turn around 5 months later and say “wow good job Dallas!”.

Obviously we have our guys we want and it can be disappointing to be invested in the draft and see a name you don’t want to see. But we have to remember that we are fans and we take media grades and watch some highlights and think we know what the boards are when in actuality we have zero idea what scouts across the league have ranked these guys.

My advice, calm down and take some solace in the fact that if there’s one thing this franchise has done right the last 8 or so years it’s the draft. More than likely, 2/3 of these guys will be real high caliber contributors.

Look at last year. People hated the Smith and Williams picks lol now they are probably going to be strong pieces moving forward. Did Schoon and Overshown surprise me? Sure. But am I losing sleep over it? No way. More than likely we end up really liking the class.

And lmao someone compared this to 2009. We aren’t a top of the league organization but c’mon guys. If you think the 2023 Cowboys are being run like the 2009 Cowboys then you’re just not paying attention.
Last sb 1996. 27 years ago havent sniffed success since. If we were having deep playoff runs and winning chips there would be zero complaining. Simping for jerry aint gonna get you nowhere

817Gill

Reaction score
Last sb 1996. 27 years ago havent sniffed success since. If we were having deep playoff runs and winning chips there would be zero complaining. Simping for jerry aint gonna get you nowhere
Oh I’m not talking about the whole organization, I said multiple times in that post that we have established ourselves as a good drafting team the last decade or so by any objective metric.

Freak out over everything else, drafting ain’t the issue in Dallas.

Plus Jerry is a senile figurehead. He has nothing to do with the real draft work.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Oh I’m not talking about the whole organization, I said multiple times in that post that we have established ourselves as a good drafting team the last decade or so by any objective metric.

Freak out over everything else, drafting ain’t the issue in Dallas.
We are an above average drafting team that loves the players they draft because the owners and fans are delusional. Hence the no postseason success

817Gill

Reaction score
We are an above average drafting team that loves the players they draft because the owners and fans are delusional. Hence the no postseason success
We are a top 5 drafting team. This isn’t arguable you can look up every metric and article it’s just the facts brotha.

You can bring all the other stuff into it if you want, this thread is solely about our drafting ability. Not one of my comments was about anything else.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We are a top 5 drafting team. This isn’t arguable you can look up every metric and article it’s just the facts brotha.

You can bring all the other stuff into it if you want, this thread is solely about our drafting ability. Not one of my comments was about anything else.
This draft sucked 2017 again except mazi will be better than what taco was

roarr

Reaction score
You mean consistently being the BEST drafting team in the NFL, as all the metrics show?

Nah, I'm not tired of that