Do we really need Micah Parsons and CeeDee Lamb?

CWR

Reaction score
The team doesn’t stink though that’s the whole issue…they aren’t elite. They aren’t on the San Fran, Baltimore, buffalo, kc level. The objective should be to close the gap with those teams not make the team worse and pay Ceedee and lamb ridiculous contracts
They don't stink, but they are now worse than they were last year and last year wasn't close to good enough.

CWR

Reaction score
I meant the team isn’t gonna win and we’re getting worse and now have to pay them a lot.

So there’s some merit to jsut trading them and getting tons of picks and making a deeper team and acquiring 2025 draft capital for a qb

Basically the theory is you don’t want to be old top heavy and expensive. Let Dak get his money and build the core of the team out with rookie contracts
Yeah I'd go ALL IN on the rebuild. Both guys are gonna want big money before this team is ready to compete. That is assuming our qb isn't on the roster. Jerry used that same logic when Emmitt left for the Cards.

Gambit

Reaction score
I think we should trade or cut each and every player and coach.

Let the Cowboys Zone GMs pick the new players and coaches.

rambo2

Reaction score
I meant the team isn’t gonna win and we’re getting worse and now have to pay them a lot.

So there’s some merit to jsut trading them and getting tons of picks and making a deeper team and acquiring 2025 draft capital for a qb

Basically the theory is you don’t want to be old top heavy and expensive. Let Dak get his money and build the core of the team out with rookie contracts
A good chance that the team will end up being a lot better than what people think.

rambo2

Reaction score
Based on what?
Based on the doom and gloom and we haven't even had the draft yet. Plus we will be seeing improvement from the 2023 draft class and will see action and contribution from those players that we didn't even see last year. Granted they do need to hit on the 2024 draft, but they certainly are capable of doing so. There is a lot of talent to chose from.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So you stink when they’re on the team and then you lose all your core players in free agency and lay lamb and parsons more money than before and expect to get better how exactly?

Those two players are dope. Something tells me Micah prime won’t last too much longer. But still they’re dope. But how do you expect to run the same team back and win anything?

Why not trade them and get 3-5 1sts and seconds (and a 2025 pick to start looking at qb)

That way you can stay in that 7-10 win range you want while still getting cheaper players
That's crazy talk. Those are great players that have already done great things for the team. Now you don't want to pay for them? They have earned a big payday so give it to them!

ICP

Reaction score
I'd keep Lamb but trade Parsons for whatever I could get

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If you adhere to the “draft and develop” philosophy, they have to pay “their guys” that they hit on in the draft.

If you don’t— you are merely developing top tier players for other teams, and you are caught in an endless cycle of trying to backfill key positions every 4-5 years.

If it’s me— I would trade Micah because you will get more value for him and he is going to command another max contract. He is a great player— but he literally gave us nothing in the GB playoff loss, and he has worn down every season as it winds down.

You can’t pay a QB and DE max contracts and get horrid play in the postseason and expect to ever win anything. And Dak has the no-trade clause, so next best thing is to try and fleece a team for Parsons and move on

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you stink when they’re on the team and then you lose all your core players in free agency and lay lamb and parsons more money than before and expect to get better how exactly?

Those two players are dope. Something tells me Micah prime won’t last too much longer. But still they’re dope. But how do you expect to run the same team back and win anything?

Why not trade them and get 3-5 1sts and seconds (and a 2025 pick to start looking at qb)

That way you can stay in that 7-10 win range you want while still getting cheaper players
Both are WAY overrated in the Cowboy world.
Both will receive contracts that will consider them overpaid.
Cowboys...................

JBS

Reaction score
We actually don’t need anyone. We can win absolutely nothing with any random jimmy’s and joes.

visionary

Reaction score
I am huge fan if Micah but he insists on playing out of position, vanishes in the playoffs and is rapidly becoming the new TO attention wh**e
Im ok trading him for the right price

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Who are you going to replace them with? Whomever they replace them with, the culture will get them too.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd go with trade Parsons and keep CeeDee. Parsons and the poor play this season will give you the top QB in 2025. Then focus on lines.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
They don't stink, but they are now worse than they were last year and last year wasn't close to good enough.
When I said they don’t stink I meant the roster that we had to end last season. Right now they are clearly worse and it would take real luck to get back to where they were last year - which as you said wasn’t nearly good enough.

Reactions: CWR

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

The decision on CeeDee, Micah and Dak as well as the direction and strategy should be given to a GM who has a holistic integrated plan rather than bases decisions on: shirt sales, popularity and the idea that being relevant in most seasons is good enough