CFZ Do We Really Want OBJ?

MS17

Reaction score
He's not gonna make a material difference to the team. But, he could make one or two plays in the tournament and become a factor. If you ask me, no. Let him go elsewhere.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
OBJ can still high point a ball and can catch in traffic. Something you want in the redzone.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Yes, not only does he upgrade the unit, but he also protects from injury. If Lamb would ever go down, don't think anyone would be scared of Gallup/Noah on the outside.

This is the first reply that's made me think it could be a good move. Depth if (Jerrah forbid), an injury occurred to Lamb or Gallup, could keep us in contention.

JayFord

Reaction score
Yes

yes we do....sometimes you need a lil edge its nothing he can do that Charles Haley or Michael Irvin havent topped

we need PLAYMAKERS

what OBJ has done controversy wise Irvin did in his sleep (or lack thereof)

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I honestly don't think he is coming to Dallas. For me that's a good thing. I don't think he will light our offense on fire. We are a run first team with Pollard/Zeke. He wants more money than were willing to pay. And I think a team like Buffalo or Kansas City might be more tempting for him than Dallas.

bewp7

Reaction score
yes

same reason why bills, chiefs, ravens, and more all want him also

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
taking the money out of the equation - is he better than noah brown? Very yes. Is he better than Gallup? Maybe. But remember he's coming off that injury and it took gallup 3 weeks to round into shape so its gonna take him a bit as well. If you are fine with him not making an impact until the last couple of weeks and the playoffs and you have the money for it, why not. But I think the team will be fine without him

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I'm sure someone has already brought this up but the later we get in the season the more I wonder if bringing in OBJ is going to hinder this offense more than it will help. Ideally, we'd want him in uniform this week or next week as the next 3 games are against AFC teams with weak records and would be perfect for OBJ to get his feet wet, as I'm concerned that his dynamic will take some getting used to from his perspective and from Dak/Kellen's. Of course it will be great to have another weapon on the field the defenses have to account for (at the very least to free up someone else), but I'm worried that his insertion into the offense will cause Dak and Kellen to start forcing him the ball, he won't like the limited touches he will get per game, and we will get away from the play calling and offensive production that has us averaging close to 30 points per game since Dak's return. I wonder if utilizing the 3-headed TE monster, Pollard lined up at WR, etc., will, in the long run, provide better results that are harder for opposing defenses to scheme for than adding OBJ and running more predictable 11-personnel plays?

Obviously the perfect scenario is OBJ coming in, being a perfect teammate, Kellen getting even more creative with his playcalling and creatively utilizing all of his weapons in an unpredictable fashion, Dak and OBJ having immediate chemistry, Dak continuing to make great reads and throws and not forcing anything to OBJ just because he's there (and potentially demoralizing Ceedee in the process), but with OBJ likely not suiting up until the last 3-4 games at best, I'm worried that working out the kinks too late in the season with the NFC East on the line could cost us.

TL;DR - Adding OBJ could disrupt the currently very productive offense more than it will help them, and why mess with a good thing? That could result in losses, which is bad. Winning is good.

Sure, why not? He is a first class athlete that is out of work.

He got stupid like most people do. I don't think he would be the boogie man with the team, he most likely would help the receiver room on what to expect what it takes to win a ring.

Hey, football players are really dumb, they just know how to play ball.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
It all comes down to one simple question: how much?

Once OBJ gets signed by someone, he's probably going to need at least a week first to get familiar with the playbook. With only six games left in the regular season, figure that he might only play in maybe four of them at most.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that the last two games of the season may not matter and we may be firmly entrenched as the fifth seed. If that's the case, you figure he's not going to see much action there.

I personally feel that OBJ is living off his name from 2014-2016 where he was a complete beast. Since then, he underproduced for the Giants, was a massive disappointment for the Browns and didn't do a ton as a Ram.

I just don't see him somehow bringing something to the offense that may already be there.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I'm sure someone has already brought this up but the later we get in the season the more I wonder if bringing in OBJ is going to hinder this offense more than it will help. Ideally, we'd want him in uniform this week or next week as the next 3 games are against AFC teams with weak records and would be perfect for OBJ to get his feet wet, as I'm concerned that his dynamic will take some getting used to from his perspective and from Dak/Kellen's. Of course it will be great to have another weapon on the field the defenses have to account for (at the very least to free up someone else), but I'm worried that his insertion into the offense will cause Dak and Kellen to start forcing him the ball, he won't like the limited touches he will get per game, and we will get away from the play calling and offensive production that has us averaging close to 30 points per game since Dak's return. I wonder if utilizing the 3-headed TE monster, Pollard lined up at WR, etc., will, in the long run, provide better results that are harder for opposing defenses to scheme for than adding OBJ and running more predictable 11-personnel plays?

Obviously the perfect scenario is OBJ coming in, being a perfect teammate, Kellen getting even more creative with his playcalling and creatively utilizing all of his weapons in an unpredictable fashion, Dak and OBJ having immediate chemistry, Dak continuing to make great reads and throws and not forcing anything to OBJ just because he's there (and potentially demoralizing Ceedee in the process), but with OBJ likely not suiting up until the last 3-4 games at best, I'm worried that working out the kinks too late in the season with the NFC East on the line could cost us.

TL;DR - Adding OBJ could disrupt the currently very productive offense more than it will help them, and why mess with a good thing? That could result in losses, which is bad. Winning is good.
He will probably sign with the Eagles out of nowhere and torture Anthony Brown in the playoffs.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I want anyone who could upgrade any player at any position. OBJ isn't having to be an upgrade over CD or gallup, just better than tolbert or fehoko who can't seem to be more than terrible. If there's a better guy at any position same thing. You need to load up on talent before the playoffs.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I say yes but we also sign Dez at the same time We can call the combo the diva express

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
cole beasley was washed his last year in BUF and was REALLY washed last year in Tampa. I'd take Noah Brown over him 100 out of 100 times

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Yes. He likely took some kind of med that caused him to go into a deep sleep…he forgot to put his seatbelt on…stuff happens…

Sure. And it was all such an inconvenience to him so a full plane of passengers & crew had to de-plane, re-plane, and get to their destinations 2 hours late.
Sure, I want someone that selfish on my team, won't be a problem at all.