Do we rest week 17?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Another reason I want to see us win the season finale if we beat Philly on Sunday, is it will give us a winning season. I would feel a heck of a lot better about our chances in the playoffs being 9-7 than 8-8. There’s been three 9-7 teams reach the Super Bowl, the 79 Rams, 2008 Cardinals and the 2011 Giants. The 9-7 2011 Giants went on to win the Super Bowl but no 8-8 team has ever made it to the Super Bowl. A 500 team has no business being in the playoffs.

links18

Reaction score
Treat the Commanders like we treated the Jets. Take the game off.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Garrett played the Giants last year like it was their Super Bowl, so I am thinking he will be aggressive again this year. The Skins have every incentive to lose, so I think they'll roll over if we put up any sort of a real fight.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
YES!

After beating Filthy, yes...

Actually, since I'm attending that game - for my first time ever!!! - I'd like the starters to play the first quarter...

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
That's a hell of a line by Vegas. Could you get any closer to 8 1/2 games then having 8 wins and resting starters in a game you are favored in?

And I thought that I was stealing money too. It looked like a lock in August.

CWR

Reaction score
The thought of resting these guys seems silly to me.

They haven't been playing well until last week. If they play well vs Eagles you have to keep it going.

They cant assume they've got it figured out. Dallas needs to keep pushing it, and hopefully continue to find their rhythm.

They have NOT earned a week of rest. We know the obvious risk but this team needs all the momentum it can possibly build. No coming out flat in the playoffs.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Another reason I want to see us win the season finale if we beat Philly on Sunday, is it will give us a winning season. I would feel a heck of a lot better about our chances in the playoffs being 9-7 than 8-8. There’s been three 9-7 teams reach the Super Bowl, the 79 Rams, 2008 Cardinals and the 2011 Giants. The 9-7 2011 Giants went on to win the Super Bowl but no 8-8 team has ever made it to the Super Bowl. A 500 team has no business being in the playoffs.
Good point, that one win makes things look better.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Simple question, if we beat the Eagles do we rest everyone in the final game, or do we play them the whole game, or do we play them part of the game (like the first half). I am sort of inclined towards the latter. I think they need to play otherwise they will come out lazy against (most likely) the Seahawks, but I think they do need some rest especially the o-line (and I don't like the idea of putting Dak behind a backup line). What do you guys think>
No.

Silly

Reaction score
yES... rEST..... THEY did that last season. They busted a nut beating the giants and were slow in the playoffs.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Simple question, if we beat the Eagles do we rest everyone in the final game, or do we play them the whole game, or do we play them part of the game (like the first half). I am sort of inclined towards the latter. I think they need to play otherwise they will come out lazy against (most likely) the Seahawks, but I think they do need some rest especially the o-line (and I don't like the idea of putting Dak behind a backup line). What do you guys think>

Let's not put the cart before the horse...

Blue64

Reaction score
Play them all at least a half, we know how well this teams inability to prepare for games to begin with.

Let them play even risking further or potential injuries than resting them fully only to have them play flat for the first 3 Quarters in a playoff game...

This is NOT a team coached by guys named Belichick, Reid, Harbaugh or Payton

Remember that...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It would be comical for an 8-7 team to rest players but it could happen. It would be appropriate for Garrett to finish with an 8-8 season...

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score

if we beta the eagles I rest Dak against the skins.