Do we rest week 17?

cern

Reaction score
Simple question, if we beat the Eagles do we rest everyone in the final game, or do we play them the whole game, or do we play them part of the game (like the first half). I am sort of inclined towards the latter. I think they need to play otherwise they will come out lazy against (most likely) the Seahawks, but I think they do need some rest especially the o-line (and I don't like the idea of putting Dak behind a backup line). What do you guys think>
Beat the eagles, give 'em a rest.

cern

Reaction score
Injuries suck. Injuries in meaningless games suck more.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Simple question, if we beat the Eagles do we rest everyone in the final game, or do we play them the whole game, or do we play them part of the game (like the first half). I am sort of inclined towards the latter. I think they need to play otherwise they will come out lazy against (most likely) the Seahawks, but I think they do need some rest especially the o-line (and I don't like the idea of putting Dak behind a backup line). What do you guys think>
I was wondering when this question was coming.

I do not believe this team has ever done well with taking a game off to rest for the next game.

So am against it.

Would I rest Zack Martin, Tyron Smith, Dak and Cooper?

Yes.

But you let them dress and you let them watch. You do not have them in street clothes.

Keep them in the game mentally.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dallas might end up 8-8 anyway. If Dallas beats the Eagles you know Garrett is going to rest any and all players with the slightest of injuries. Dak will probably play one series at best.

If we win on Sunday, I expect Garrett to do exactly what he did in the season finale last year and that’s play to win even if it means playing the starters the entire game. However, Dak may play little to none depending on how his shoulder comes out of this Sunday’s game. Garrett learned in 2016 that you can’t mail in the last game and just flip a switch in the playoffs. The only chance the Cowboys have of winning a playoff game is to enter the playoffs riding a wave of momentum. The Cowboys performance last Sunday against the Rams isn’t what they are, it’s what they can be.

What they are is an inconsistent team that needs to get on a run to have any chance to compete in the playoffs. If we had San Francisco or Baltimore in our division, the Cowboys would have been playing for next year last week. It’s rare for a team to be sitting with 7 wins and have a chance to lock up their division in week 16 but we benefited from playing in a poor division.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Depends . What position do you play? If you're starting and a Key player, yeah, should rest up in Week 17.

That is, if you and the guys can beat the eagles Sunday.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Do we win week 16?

Considering that Philly has no WRs that are healthy, we should win this game pretty easily.

However, Garrett's record in "win and in" games late in the season is hilariously bad.

So its pretty much a 50/50 toss up right now if we win or not.