I miss Bruce Carter.

I miss Bradie James.

I miss Keith Brooking.

I miss Justin Durant.

I miss Jeremy Mincey.

I miss Jason Hatcher.

I miss Jay Ratliff.

I miss Anthony Spencer.

Every player listed would start on this sorry defense. We are regressing as a franchise.

Did you say Mincey bro?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don't think it would matter if Dallas retained Heath and Byron this season. It would be a mess either way. We would have countless more threads about Byron being a fraud and how Heath was overpaid.

pgreptom

Reaction score
*Especially to all those (and it was ALOT of yall) people that wanted him gone last year...

He missed a few coverages, but was he solid and was NEVER this bad.

No, I don't. I don't really see that big of a difference. Id like to see D Wilson at SS and Woods at FS

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I miss Brock Marion, Darren Woodson, George Teague, James Washington

Haven't even thought of Heath until this thread.

Sydla

Reaction score
That’s the raiders; he did pretty good here. Better than some of these bums they got back there now.

LOL. You Heath guys are delusional. He was a mediocre to below average starting S. Lamenting his loss is hilarious.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well with the offseason no ps games, I wouldnt expect him or witten to be full time starters. they will play here and there,and
as season goes on if they do well and learn more, they will see more snaps.

He's going to be a backup S in Oakland. That's it.

erod

Reaction score
Yes, I miss healthy Jeff Heath. He was a solid player who maximized his talent.

But the healthy part was getting iffy.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He's going to be a backup S in Oakland. That's it.

For one of the high schools? Cause there is no team in Oakland anymore.. IN all seriousness Heath always got a raw deal from stupid fans who wanted Ed Reed or Earl Thomas back there. He was a decent player for us and a good soldier. He was also quite possibly the fastest white dude in the history of the NFL. I still like to watch replays of him chasing down Calvin Johnson from behind on an 80 yard catch and run AFTER tripping over one of our own guys and being over 5 yards behind when he started to pursue. He caught Johnson at the 5 yard line and pushed him out of bounds. Of course the sorry *** defense let the Lions score anyway but I never forgot that play. The Cowboys were always near the top of the league in not allowing long pass plays or runs while he was here and he was a primary reason for it. He wasn't spectacular but solid. I thought Clinton-Dix might be an upgrade.. I never felt that way about Thompson or Wilson.

Creeper

Reaction score
*Especially to all those (and it was ALOT of yall) people that wanted him gone last year...

He missed a few coverages, but was he solid and was NEVER this bad.

It is not so much that we miss Heath. Letting him go was not the issue. Not finding anyone as good has Heath should have been pretty easy. The failure to replace him is the problem. I find is hard to believe in an entire offseason the Cowboys front office could not come up with a safety capable of playing the position? Bizarre.

quickccc

Reaction score
Heath is definitely better than Darian Thompson,..but even in this crazy defense, he'd be just as confused as the rest of them . :p

Sydla

Reaction score
For one of the high schools? Cause there is no team in Oakland anymore.. IN all seriousness Heath always got a raw deal from stupid fans who wanted Ed Reed or Earl Thomas back there. He was a decent player for us and a good soldier. He was also quite possibly the fastest white dude in the history of the NFL. I still like to watch replays of him chasing down Calvin Johnson from behind on an 80 yard catch and run AFTER tripping over one of our own guys and being over 5 yards behind when he started to pursue. He caught Johnson at the 5 yard line and pushed him out of bounds. Of course the sorry *** defense let the Lions score anyway but I never forgot that play. The Cowboys were always near the top of the league in not allowing long pass plays or runs while he was here and he was a primary reason for it. He wasn't spectacular but solid. I thought Clinton-Dix might be an upgrade.. I never felt that way about Thompson or Wilson.

He did not get a raw deal. He was not a starting S. He was a great special teams guy and a decent enough back up that you could rely on for a game or spurt from time to time but did not want starting.

And if the Cowboys had brought him back for that kind of role, that would have been great. The fact Thompson sucked doesn't somehow make Heath suddenly an effective starting S.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He is better than the garbage being trotted on the field this year. Plus he had a heart...none of these defensive players today have a heart. They are as soft as marshmallows...

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Dinner is served for about 95% of the board...

Nah we never saw Haha play and after some of the decisions by the coaching staff I don't trust their evaluation. There's also a rumor that Haha was cut for being disgruntled about the scheme like Carr was.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
He played hard and was a very good athlete on paper but he wasn’t a good Safety, and I’ll say it again-good Safties in the NFL these days are high picks or from big schools, he was neither

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Will just say, if you are missing JH that really means, the heads up drop the ball on this important position big-time and thought they could just put a bandaid on a gun shoot wound and still live.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Will just say, if you are missing JH that really means, the heads up drop the ball on this important position big-time and thought they could just put a bandaid on a gun shoot wound and still live.
And if you aren't missing Heath then that really means you don't care about depth. While you may have wanted an upgrade at starter, you certainly didn't care about the back up safety position getting worse. As it turns out, the starter position got downgraded.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah I miss watching him chase the guy that caught the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.