Do you as a fan want Gilbert or Dalton to start the next game?

kevm3

Reaction score
Dalton or Dinucci. I'm all in on tanking

Sadly enough, we might win a couple of pointless games and then someone like the Patriots picks ahead of us and is able to rejuvenate their franchise

Creeper

Reaction score
I am leaning to Gilbert but they both played so little it is hard to make a choice.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
no he didnt did they rotate snaps in the same game, the situations and playcalli gand the ay the team played around both were very didfferent..Dalton payed with argaulabke THE WORST OL lineupo iof the yera and that hard to do..the olay calling was mundane etc

did zeke fumble twice and the defense give up 500 yards for gilbert NO

we lost martin and knight in Washington and the team just want playing well..the playcalls even against the eagles the defense in the 2nd half of the Washington game up uinti now are playing a lot better..

Dalton never got a true shot and i believe that why they want to give him a game or two..if he looks terrible then we know and GG can trot back in and continue to help us lose.. how we lose well its nice to not be ragdolled and play closer more competitive games sure

But Dak 1.5-3

Dalton 0.5-1.5

Nooch 0-1

GG 0-1

does it matter this much to have all this controversy ion a backup qb in lost year..??

these record new threads started about GG vs dalton and before last game Nooch vs GG are laughable..its insane!!

Mm will have quick hook on Dalton iof he simply isnt moving the ball and looks terrible. He wont be afraid to go back to GG and frankly this means nothing inthe grand scheme of things, they simply giving Dalton a shot to prove the other games were flukes..no big deal

nothing to see here

i can care less who the backup QB is right now..none of our QBs this year after 9 games have winning record..

let that sink in while having debate over whos the backup to our 2-7 team
Give dalton some more games later on, he needs time to heal from that concussion. IMO he needs 8 weeks minimum, because the 2nd concussion
would do more damage than the 1st one. Plus he had covid.

Also better for GG to keep playing, have 3 games in a row to let him get evaluated properly, and easier to get used to things.

Also MM wont pull dalton unless he played really bad, like 5 int bad or got knocked out again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Give dalton some more games later on, he needs time to heal from that concussion. IMO he needs 8 weeks minimum, because the 2nd concussion
would do more damage than the 1st one. Plus he had covid.

Also better for GG to keep playing, have 3 games in a row to let him get evaluated properly, and easier to get used to things.

Also MM wont pull dalton unless he played really bad, like 5 int bad or got knocked out again.
um the docs and coaches have far more insight to time needed for healing also Dalton

fan do not have any idea whatsoever..didnt martin come back after one game? yes he did hes been fine..

blueblood70

Reaction score
not True if hes that bad hes getting pulled quick, this i know, if dalton has a pick, fumble and is 3 and out several times he will get pulled..Mm is not the type of coach who owes somebody something.. hes simply letting Dalton have shot as he was the backup and supposed to stat if dak went won, giving his shot is not big deal..

Mm realizes he needs to see who he has for next seasons backup and they all will get some chances

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I for one want Gilbert to start, it would be more interesting and fun, whether they win or lose.
With Dalton, just hard to get up for that at all. And it wont be fun to watch at all.

So just wondering if anyone else wants Gilbert to start, and did he make the game more fun and exciting to watch for you?
I cant do a poll, so maybe someone else could do that.
Gilbert is way better than dalton. Give me dalton the rest of the year.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dalton, with Zach Martin in and adequate blocking, so we can get the Dak-stans to make more excuses, like they are already doing with Gilbert almost leading us to a win, putting up 19 points against the number 1 defense in the league with a weeks worth of practice.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I understand this. After 2-3 years it would be nice to actually see him in a real game.
I wouldnt mind giving him a game, butttttttt , he did look bad in the last PS games he played in.
He seemed to get worse each year not better.
And you could say yeah but he was not playing with the ones, but the current ones, are not like the ones we had back when he first came in.

But still I might give him a game just to see how he does.
but with our owner /gm and the new puppet HC, I doubt he gets to play at all.
Heck after the best game all year by GG, they say they are going back to dalton ?? as soon as he is ready lol :huh:
I dont think cowboys are tanking, they are just so inept it looks like they are !:eek:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
With so many gingers at QB, I'm surprised they don't burst into flames.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Because I am old fashioned and loyal I want Dalton to get one more chance to steer the ship. But he needs to know going in that no more of this < 200 yards passing with 2 turnovers and no TDs. That aint gonna cut it. If he's gonna do that then I'm putting one of the kids in and never looking back. If Dalton looks like crap again I go back to Gilbert.. win as many games as possible is always going to be my goal. Yall can scream tank tank tank till the cows come home.. I aint never goin there witcha.
Old fashion as in the last 25 years of disappointment? Then Dalton is your guy

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Give Dalton another start to see if Dallas can be stepping stone to another team and contract and if he falls on his face - on to the next guy, whomever he may be.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
A year later, as fans do you want Dak Prescott or Trevor Lawrence starting for the Dallas Cowboys??

conner01

Reaction score
Gilbert.

I never wanted Howdy Doody in the first place and he's done nothing to change my mind.
I liked the dalton signing
Very good backup
But Gilbert looked solid and I’d like to see a bit more to see if he’s capable of being the backup next year
Saves money if he’s capable