Do you as a fan want Gilbert or Dalton to start the next game?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldnt mind giving him a game, butttttttt , he did look bad in the last PS games he played in.
He seemed to get worse each year not better.
And you could say yeah but he was not playing with the ones, but the current ones, are not like the ones we had back when he first came in.

But still I might give him a game just to see how he does.
but with our owner /gm and the new puppet HC, I doubt he gets to play at all.
Heck after the best game all year by GG, they say they are going back to dalton ?? as soon as he is ready lol :huh:
I dont think cowboys are tanking, they are just so inept it looks like they are !:eek:
My recollection is he looked really good his first preseason, not very good his second preseason, and pretty good his 3rd one. In any case, it's hard to know what to think playing with and against a bunch of guys that are going to be 3rd team, practice squad, or cut outright.

Bottom line is he is an unknown. I don't think anyone expected he was going to be anything more than a decent backup, at best, but I would be curious to see.

As for it being the best game all year, yes it probably was the best overall game, but not the best offensive game. Of course, the better ones were with Dak at QB, but we do need to be a little realistic about Gilbert. Don't get me wrong, he did a good job, and I would like to see him play as well, but the fact it was so unexpected has definitely enhanced the way his play was perceived by fans. We all love an underdog, and him doing well was a feel good story.

Motorola

Reaction score
Because I am old fashioned and loyal I want Dalton to get one more chance to steer the ship. But he needs to know going in that no more of this < 200 yards passing with 2 turnovers and no TDs. That aint gonna cut it. If he's gonna do that then I'm putting one of the kids in and never looking back. If Dalton looks like crap again I go back to Gilbert.. win as many games as possible is always going to be my goal. Yall can scream tank tank tank till the cows come home.. I aint never goin there witcha.
I agree with RonnieT24 since the OLine was crumbling when Dalton took over.

Bye week hiatus gives the offense extra time to synch with the longtime veteran.

Give Andy the Vikings start on the road, followed by the Thanksgiving Day game hosting the Football Team.

Review his performance for those two outings -then make the decision on which Cowboys QB should be under center the remainder of the season.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Give Dalton another start to see if Dallas can be stepping stone to another team and contract and if he falls on his face - on to the next guy, whomever he may be.
the problem with that is a qb needs to play each week to improve, playing one game, then waiting weeks then playing another game is not good.
Same for wr, they have dalton throwing to them, then nooch, then gilbert, and now back to dalton, it is insane.
Gilbert should get the next 2 games, then do whatever.
going back to dalton at this point is crazy.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I agree with RonnieT24 since the OLine was crumbling when Dalton took over.

Bye week hiatus gives the offense extra time to synch with the longtime veteran.

Give Andy the Vikings start on the road, followed by the Thanksgiving Day game hosting the Football Team.

Review his performance for those two outings -then make the decision on which Cowboys QB should be under center the remainder of the season.
I say put andy back later, as you want it, then we probably get beat on turkey day, in boring game, yeah thats fun lol.
and if you then put gilbert back in for next game it is the RAVENS !!!!!!! That is not fair to him at all, the 2 toughest teams on our schedule lol.
I say wait give andy time to heal and put him back in against the bengals.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I for one want Gilbert to start, it would be more interesting and fun, whether they win or lose.
With Dalton, just hard to get up for that at all. And it wont be fun to watch at all.

So just wondering if anyone else wants Gilbert to start, and did he make the game more fun and exciting to watch for you?
I cant do a poll, so maybe someone else could do that.
Whoever gives us the best chance to lose.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Whoever gives us the best chance to lose.
They seem to be keeping Jaylon on the field so we know he'll contribute to a loss. Diggs is out. Offensive line is still weak at 3 positions. I think we are set no matter who plays QB.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I say put andy back later, as you want it, then we probably get beat on turkey day, in boring game, yeah thats fun lol.
and if you then put gilbert back in for next game it is the RAVENS !!!!!!! That is not fair to him at all, the 2 toughest teams on our schedule lol.
I say wait give andy time to heal and put him back in against the bengals.

I just don't like giving the appearance that we screw over veterans who come here and toe the line as a good soldier for you. Well if we don't give Dalton at least one more shot it will be more than appearance won't it. You don't want that look getting out there. You want free agents to want to come here and you want them to be willing to do it for a team friendly deal. Bring Dalton back.. if he shows no improvement you've proven that you were willing to give him a fair shake and he blew it. Then on Thanksgiving you bring on Gilbert.. I mean the guy has the initials G.G. .. How much fun would Madden have had with horrible "gobble gobble" themed puns. If Gilbert falls on his face on Thanksgiving you give him one more start and if he does it again you turn to the other ginger. You give him two games to show you something and if he doesn't you let Nooch finish out the last two games of the season. By then you will have plenty of film to decide if any of them can be counted on as your backup going forward or if you need to go find another veteran next year.

IceBowler

Reaction score
With the shot Dalton took and the way the OL laid down - for whatever reason, these people are not going to play for Dalton. I don't get it nor understand it. If you're a professional with any pride at all, you do your best. But, in today's society and this NFL .. well, folks just aren't the same. So, as another poster said, if I was Dalton, damned if I'd go to war to people who didn't have my back. I'll carry a clipboard and get paid.

That said, I like the way Gilbert looked. Didn't take a lot of time to get the ball out from the instant he decides to let it go.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
With the shot Dalton took and the way the OL laid down - for whatever reason, these people are not going to play for Dalton. I don't get it nor understand it. If you're a professional with any pride at all, you do your best. But, in today's society and this NFL .. well, folks just aren't the same. So, as another poster said, if I was Dalton, damned if I'd go to war to people who didn't have my back. I'll carry a clipboard and get paid.

That said, I like the way Gilbert looked. Didn't take a lot of time to get the ball out from the instant he decides to let it go.

You may be right.. Dalton may not want to go back out there after being left lying in a heap on DC. Hell he may have told his wife to invite the neighbor who they knew had Covid over for Halloween partying .. If he has any pride though he doesn't want that to be the lasting image of his career. If he's okay with that then he's not the guy we thought he was and I don't want him on my team.

quickccc

Reaction score
Dalton is seeing the pass rush. His better days are behind him and Nucci is awful. GG gives the most entertainment but could provide a few wins which would prevent Dallas from drafting in top 3. Play Nucci!!

Interesting,...... i'll keep a look at that next time around vs Vikes.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
LMAO.. Quincy actually had more physical talent than Romo ever did.. but he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed so I don't think he ever would have scaled the heights Romo did. Physical tools will only get you so far in the NFL. At some point you have to be able to think the game at a high level..
I hear ya.

But man, Carter threw a good lookin' ball. I ain't joking.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I just don't like giving the appearance that we screw over veterans who come here and toe the line as a good soldier for you.

That pretty much sums up the reason we haven't won anything for 20+ years. You turn and churn your roster until you find gold. Dak isn't gold he's bronze. He wants to be paid like he's gold. Don't worry Jerry will do it he has already boxed himself into a corner.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't know why the question is asked that way. A fan's perspective is all I can give you. I don't think it matters who starts at this point. Are you thinking the Cowboys are still in the race for the playoffs? I give Gilbert another shot if it's my call.

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's amazing how the brain trust of this team can be consistently wrong in so many decisions year after year. Superior football minds. Could not run a pee wee football team. :facepalm:

basel90

Reaction score
Dalton should be given another chance
Gilbert should be re-signed and given a second chance at a certain stage this season . If dalton falters , then he should start .

NOoch is just way off . His mechanics and arm strength is suspect . Not sure what the scouting department saw . But maybe he should remain on the practice squad for a second look .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dalton should be given another chance
Gilbert should be re-signed and given a second chance at a certain stage this season . If dalton falters , then he should start .

NOoch is just way off . His mechanics and arm strength is suspect . Not sure what the scouting department saw . But maybe he should remain on the practice squad for a second look .
I agree that Dinucci needs to be groomed and not thrown in to start. Especially in this situation. He's getting killed. I think Gilbert should start, but I'm not really all that against Dalton getting a shot. What does it really matter? It's his spot to lose.