Do you care if we resign Dak?

Jkyle

Reaction score
I get a sense that man Cowboys fans are either ambivalent or against resigning Dak to an extension.
I think many, myself included, would like to keep Dak but the price point, $55-$60 million a year just seems crazy to reward someone who hasn't produced much tangible success with that type of deal.
We are a better team with him but nothing has shown us that he is worth that investment.
At this point, we can just let it ride out and deal with the future after the season.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The way I see it, the choices are simple…

Give Prescott what he wants, be a contender for the next few years and hope he improves on the big stage…

OR…..

Completely blow it up and understand that they are going to be a bottom ten team until they luck into a Burrow type situation, or they become willing to hire a staff capable of winning without a top QB.

Which do you think Jerry will ultimately choose?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Those that don’t care if we re-sign Dak either honestly believe he’s no good or could care less if the Cowboys go in the dumpster for a number of years. I’m hearing a lot of fans on this board saying they’re willing to take the risk of moving on from him and seeing what happens. I’m not willing to end up like Washington has since they elected to move on from Kirk Cousins. He’s far from perfect, but he’s pretty good and kept them competitive. There’s a reason he’s still around making big money. It’s because it’s very difficult to find a solid QB. You have teams using high first round picks that are over drafting QBs that shouldn’t have ever been a first round pick because the need is so great. That’s the risk the Cowboys take by not re-signing Dak. If you’re just looking to Dak bash and have nothing intelligent to say, then don’t bother responding to this post.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
The way I see it, the choices are simple…

Give Prescott what he wants, be a contender for the next few years and hope he improves on the big stage…

OR…..

Completely blow it up and understand that they are going to be a bottom ten team until they luck into a Burrow type situation, or they become willing to hire a staff capable of winning without a top QB.

Which do you think Jerry will ultimately choose?
Jerry would be admitting he was wrong if he chooses option 2. That's not going to happen. He's going to re-sign Prescott and let the team suffer with minor league players around him. Honestly, I think option 2 makes the most sense. The problem with that is all of the fans that want us to win yesterday. I mean I get it. 30 years is a long time to have to wait. But if option 2 is chosen, we (as fans) have to calm our boobs and let the team grow.

btgboys41

Reaction score
I care a tiny bit. I don’t want them to resign him but whether they do or not won’t hide or impact the deeper rot on this team.

stiletto

Reaction score
Those that don’t care if we re-sign Dak either honestly believe he’s no good or could care less if the Cowboys go in the dumpster for a number of years. I’m hearing a lot of fans on this board saying they’re willing to take the risk of moving on from him and seeing what happens. I’m not willing to end up like Washington has since they elected to move on from Kirk Cousins. He’s far from perfect, but he’s pretty good and kept them competitive. There’s a reason he’s still around making big money. It’s because it’s very difficult to find a solid QB. You have teams using high first round picks that are over drafting QBs that shouldn’t have ever been a first round pick because the need is so great. That’s the risk the Cowboys take by not re-signing Dak. If you’re just looking to Dak bash and have nothing intelligent to say, then don’t bother responding to this post.
What's the difference between what Washington has done since Kirk Cousins and what Dallas has done ultimately? Won some regular season games? I agree, the Cowboys have cruelly teased their fans to think they are a winner but in reality both franchises are solid losers in that timeframe. At least Washington doesn't go out and get totally embarrassed in playoff games regularly. What fun is that really? Some people think that is WORSE. Frankly, I am one of them. I'd rather the team be trying to find someone who is better come playoff time even if it means going through some tough seasons. They waste time/careers of other good players either way.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nope I honestly don’t care. I’m almost ambivalent to anything Cowboys these days. Same old crap year after year.
Things will end up a lot worse without Dak unless we get very lucky. We’ll struggle to win 7-8 games with a lesser QB with all the inconsistencies we’ve had stopping the run, along with other defensive breakdowns in big games. We’ve had some issues on the OL with Dak facing constant pressure. Only time will tell if the new additions on the OL will improve things. We have virtually nothing at RB right now and we’ve had struggles running the ball consistently for years. We lead the league in penalties or come close to it practically every year.

If we put a lesser QB on this team, we’re going to be in deep trouble! Someone is bound to bring up the wins we had with Cooper Rush a couple of years ago. Go back and look how great our defense/pass rush was playing during those wins and how well we ran the football, despite having little passing game. Unless we’re able to play consistently solid defense and consistently run the football, we’re going to struggle with a lesser QB and you can book it!

Havic

Reaction score
Dak at 25-30m / year sure ill live with him otherwise I'd like to see him walk or better yet trade if he will waive the clause. Heres hoping Lance shows something in camp / preseason.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I care in terms of my fandom for the team, I guess.

I don't want them to resign him only cuz I don't see the return as being worth the price. Just my opinion, but I believe we're moving out of the window that had the best opportunity for him to get it done with this team. Not saying it couldn't happen for him elsewhere, or that he's not a good QB. Just sayin' here, with this management team and philosophy, it's not going to get done.

I can state that knowing I'm in the contingent that is o.k. with stacking a few losing seasons as long as there's progress in the right direction. And yes, I believe there will have to be a considerable slide backward before the team can make a turn toward something potentially significant. If you want to just keep winning 9-12 games a year while groundhog daying in the playoffs, you absolutely hate that thought process. To each his own.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak at 25-30m / year sure ill live with him otherwise I'd like to see him walk or better yet trade if he will waive the clause. Heres hoping Lance shows something in camp / preseason.
“Dak at 25-30m / year”, “waive the clause”, “hoping Lance shows something“, all Cowboys fans fantasies in one sentence. Jerry Jones knows what Dak will get as a free agent. Dak can see free agency from where he is standing. The lack of confidence from the owner is as much as telling Dak “get out”. It’s not a matter of Dak walking. The Cowboys are walking away from Dak.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I would say I really don't care either way. On one hand Dak is easily the best known commodity at QB that is available to this franchise right now. On the other we have 2 playoff wins in 8 years with the guy at QB. Not saying that all falls on his shoulders, but I'm not opposed at all if the front office wanted to try a new formula in building this team.

Havic

Reaction score
“Dak at 25-30m / year”, “waive the clause”, “hoping Lance shows something“, all Cowboys fans fantasies in one sentence. Jerry Jones knows what Dak will get as a free agent. Dak can see free agency from where he is standing. The lack of confidence from the owner is as much as telling Dak “get out”. It’s not a matter of Dak walking. The Cowboys are walking away from Dak.
I wont believe that until it happens, like Patrik says "this is hardball"

Praxit

Reaction score
...at this point? meh.... At least Dak, has good seasons. So its something to look forward to.

Playoffs? ..... thats another subject.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
100% spot on! :hammer: