Do you care if we resign Dak?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now you've done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm even more confused, didn't think that was possible!!!!!!!

No, but really, I think you're confusing me w/ someone else. I'm an advocate of letting fans fan the way they want, and defend the right thereof.
Dangit! Whoops..sorry!:laugh:

Id like to go back and figure out what happen but i im just gonna stop digging.:)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I never said Rush would fare better. I said between the two the difference in outcome isn't going to be that far off. If you are getting almost the same outcome minus what 30 - 40 million in price tag, just what the hell are you paying for?
Rush could not equal Dak's production in a full season, due to his lack of arm strength. But yes, Dak is also being sorely overpayed, imho. Our FO might have gotten by for considerably less, with better negotiating skills. Unfortunately, they're paying for their limitations.

Last edited:

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Do I care? Wow, that is a tough question to answer. Like most here, I’ve slowly developed a mundane attitude towards the Cowboys. 25 years of disappointment will do that to a fan base. The lack of “energy” shown by the FO this offseason in particular just exacerbates the feeling. Do I care? I honestly don’t know? Should they sign Dak? I think so if they plan to take another stab at a deep playoff run. If they let him walk, they have to be prepared to rebuild. Jerry is not ready for that.

Loso86

Reaction score
I get a sense that man Cowboys fans are either ambivalent or against resigning Dak to an extension.
I think many, myself included, would like to keep Dak but the price point, $55-$60 million a year just seems crazy to reward someone who hasn't produced much tangible success with that type of deal.
We are a better team with him but nothing has shown us that he is worth that investment.
At this point, we can just let it ride out and deal with the future after the season.
We should