Do you consider replacing Dak, if he looks average next season?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Some of you guys just better buckle up. Dak isn't going anywhere for several years. Get on the Dak-coaster...you'll get NOTHING else and "Like It"....

get into S&M and like it is what you telling some people in other words. :laugh: But sorry, I want to be an objective fan, who will be happy if Dak improves and looks good next year. If I feel that we are winning despite of him, or if it is clear we are losing, then I won't be happy. I want what is best for the Cowboys, not for a single player.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I am always on board with finding better players at any position, but realistically we have much bigger needs on the roster. As much as Prescott has been up and down, he plays very well in big games. I would first stock up in areas of need.

Well he is the quarterback this season, because there probably won't be any better quarterback out there with the draft picks we have. 2020 is a different story, depending on if we have a very bad year, or Dak proves himself to be solid rather than average. I think we have a lot of talent, and the quarterback spot might be keeping us from going to the next level.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I wish we had more objective fans, and none of the ones that are on the both sides of the extreme. Even if it is a QB that I'm crazy over, I can admit when he performs bad, and see it too. Heck, at one time I was crazy over Dak.
Dak didn't have as many people on his case in 2016 and most of those that were were speaking on his mechanics that still are a problem today. As he has played more games and avg play is more the norm than not I don't get why people can't be objective about this guy. He plays avg more ofthen than the Giants game. If he played more games like the Giants game he'd have less detractors than he does now.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Good or bad, Dak is going to be our QB going forward unless he completely falls off the cliff. Don't think he'll do that.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Intangibles, well, it does not work in playoff games.

Dak didn't have as many people on his case in 2016 and most of those that were were speaking on his mechanics that still are a problem today. As he has played more games and avg play is more the norm than not I don't get why people can't be objective about this guy. He plays avg more ofthen than the Giants game. If he played more games like the Giants game he'd have less detractors than he does now.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Well he is the quarterback this season, because there probably won't be any better quarterback out there with the draft picks we have. 2020 is a different story, depending on if we have a very bad year, or Dak proves himself to be solid rather than average. I think we have a lot of talent, and the quarterback spot might be keeping us from going to the next level.
While I agree, Prescott has played very well in both of his post season opportunities. So, I don't see him as keeping us from going to the next level.

Blackrain

Reaction score
What’s important is what Jerry thinks. He's determined to prove he was right going with Dak.

In the meantime this team provides enough relevance selling hope , Prescott has public approval and is marketable.

Spot on Greg We have drafted 5 qbs since Troy Aikman Zero in the first round . All except Carter who was low 2nd at #53 were 4th and 5th rounders Jerrys hobbie is finding the diamond in the rough at QB and proving to the league how smart he is not having to use a 1st round pick . Tony was the prime example an undrafted guy who became a star here .

Dak is next in line and by getting us to the playoffs 2 out of 3 yrs it makes Jerry look like a genius because everyone drafted before Dak has failed except Goff who was drafted #1 Lynch, Cook , Kessler ,Brissett , Hackenberg . Wentz INJURED Where are they all, not going to the Pro Bowl like Dak or leading a playoff run.

Dak is only 3yrs in Romo wasn't even playing at that point . For Jerry its a win win . For the impatient butt hurt few on this forum that cant wait for Dak to mature Jerry dosent give a spit he is doing it his way . He is not replacing Dak he will give him every chance to succeed . Jerry is invested in this project and probably sees it as his last chance so he will shoot the works coaches players whatever it takes to make a guy taken in the 4th round his franchise guy

dallas72

Reaction score
If he looks average next season, do we replace him?

I say we look to dump him now. But I know many of you believe he's the next great thing. So do we stick with him or dump him after an average season next year?
Makes 0 sense...you wanna dump Dak for who?...Dak has won more games than ANYONE last 3 years not named Brady...Dak has Highest comp % EVER first 3 years....Dak has NO TE, A terrible Oline (due to Injury) and 1 WR lol.....Dak is our guy ...time to face reality

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
While I agree, Prescott has played very well in both of his post season opportunities. So, I don't see him as keeping us from going to the next level.
The games against the RAM, the rams game planned against his weakness of not throwing many deep balls, which was why Zeke didn't have any yards. He played poorly for 3 quarters and then played well with 6 mins left in the game, Romo never got credit for having an almost comeback, especially if he played bad for 54 mins of the game and then well for the last 6 mins. In fact, people would've been saying he choked that game. There is a bit of a double standard that the same does not apply to Dak, for some.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he looks average next season, do we replace him?

I say we look to dump him now. But I know many of you believe he's the next great thing. So do we stick with him or dump him after an average season next year?

There is nobody to replace him with.

He either gets a new contract if good or gets franchised if there are still questions in the teams mind about him.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The games against the RAM, the rams game planned against his weakness of not throwing many deep balls, which was why Zeke didn't have any yards. He played poorly for 3 quarters and then played well with 6 mins left in the game, Romo never got credit for having an almost comeback, especially if he played bad for 54 mins of the game and then well for the last 6 mins. In fact, people would've been saying he choked that game. There is a bit of a double standard that the same does not apply to Dak, for some.
This is completely ridiculous. I don't even know where to start. It's all BS. Where you really screwed up is inserting Romo into the debate. Not only are your facts and numbers wrong, but you haven't a clue what "choke" means.
Time to let go.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
This is completely ridiculous. I don't even know where to start. It's all BS. Where you really screwed up is inserting Romo into the debate. Not only are your facts and numbers wrong, but you haven't a clue what "choke" means.
Time to let go.

well up until the last 6 mins of the game the score was 30-15. What facts and numbers are wrong here? A football game is 60 mins long, so 60-6=54 mins of where Dak had a bad game versus 6 minutes of where he played good. That 6 minutes was not enough to overcome the hole he dug himself into. And just about any playoff game that romo was in that he lost, people would accuse him of choking. People here only care at the end of the day if you win the game. I have never heard people chirping about how Romo has had an almost comeback. We've had plenty of those, but in the past almost has never been good enough. Why should things be different now? How is playing bad for 54 mins in a football game only to wake up in the last 6 minutes of the game, and then *almost* have a comeback proof that he played good or was clutch? The reason romo was brought up is to bring up the hypocrisy I am seeing here. The only game here that I ever heard praise of almost having a comeback would be the NFC championship game back in 94, and that was years after. But pretty generally, the attitude has always been almost is not good enough.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
well up until the last 6 mins of the game the score was 30-15. What facts and numbers are wrong here? A football game is 60 mins long, so 60-6=54 mins of where Dak had a bad game versus 6 minutes of where he played good. That 6 minutes was not enough to overcome the hole he dug himself into. And just about any playoff game that romo was in that he lost, people would accuse him of choking. People here only care at the end of the day if you win the game. I have never heard people chirping about how Romo has had an almost comeback. We've had plenty of those, but in the past almost has never been good enough. Why should things be different now? How is playing bad for 54 mins in a football game only to wake up in the last 6 minutes of the game, and then *almost* have a comeback proof that he played good or was clutch? The reason romo was brought up is to bring up the hypocrisy I am seeing here. The only game here that I ever heard praise of almost having a comeback would be the NFC championship game back in 94, and that was years after. But pretty generally, the attitude has always been almost is not good enough.
He didn't play bad for 54 minutes, hello? Wake up.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Probably not, unless we're picking top 3 / 4 and are in range to land Tua or Lawrence.